Jdog14

COOL PIC! B-) It looks like a 90s filter was applied to this.

Talk about great timing! Great pic!

Nice shot!

Nice, makes me miss the 1995 Orion V CNG #585.

Time to see more Orion V's get their wings :( .

Nice catch though!

Thanks guys!

Time to see more Orion V's get their wings :( .

Nice catch though!

You need to catch these things before they vanish then. College Point has a bunch of good buses left and Spring Creek still has it's old O5 CNG's. NICE has the shitty O5 CNG's that sound good, but are slow as all holy hell. If you are feeling really adventurous Ride-On, in Montgomery County, has some really good Orion V CNG's still running. If you want a more modern Orion V CNG, Blue Water Transit in Michigan has a single one that was ordered back in 2010. That bus is off the hook! Check this out: http://www.bwbus.com/news/New%20Commuter%20Bus%207-10.pdf. Haven't been on this baby but I would want to catch a ride on her on day.

Nice photos BTW Jdog!

That's impossible, the Orion V was built until late 2008. You mean a 2008 Orion V CNG?

Read the link, that bus was a 2007 demo that was refurbished for service. It was ORDERED, not produced, in 2010.

See:

“We acquired a 2007 model at considerable savings. It had been used as an

engineering demo and it arrived in great shape, with only 14,000 miles on it,”

explains Dave Frasier, BWAT director of maintenance and procurement. “We got a

great deal on the price and paid about half of what we would have paid for it new.”

The link was broken for me. Does this bus have a John Deere 6081H by any chance?

It doesn't say what enigine/powertrain this bus has in the link I provided. You could look this up online by typing: Blue Water Area Transit Orion V CNG into a search engine, and see if it gives you the info you're looking for.

It doesn't say what enigine/powertrain this bus has in the link I provided. You could look this up online by typing: Blue Water Area Transit Orion V CNG into a search engine, and see if it gives you the info you're looking for.

The power train is as follows:

Engine: John Deere 6081H

Transmission: Allison World B400R

Source:

Archived