An Hour at State Street in New Haven CT

Fred G

It's Amtrak and it's Shoreline East and some Metro North too, but mostly Amtrak. I was here on Monday between 5 and 6 pm.

02+HHP8+652+passing+State+Street.jpg

HHP8 652 pulling a northbound regional

05+HHP8+652+_amp_+653+meet+at+State+Street.jpg

Some competition! :P

14+Acela+2013+crossing+under+Chapel+St.jpg

The ever popular Acela

16+Amtrak+P42+104+on+Springfield+Shuttle.jpg

Diesel for the Springfield Shuttle

22+SLE+6697+at+State+Street.jpg

Inbound ShoreLine East Train GP40

23+SLE+Cabs+1715+_amp_+1705+meet+near+State+Street.jpg

Twin SLE Cab cars. The train on the left is my train and that means my hour is up. I hope you enjoyed the pics and here are more pics in the album

Thanks for looking :)

Most excellent photographs Fred. B)icon14.gif

Was wondering if you can help me out with some good spots in CT to catch the FL-9s and possibly the F-10s in service.

Thanks, Harry and sure, I'll help where I can. PM me questions or here is cool too.

Thanks, Harry and sure, I'll help where I can. PM me questions or here is cool too.

Hmmm....I should consider more CT trips and see if you can tag along to show some great shooting spots besides the platforms at the stations. B)

Hmmm....I should consider more CT trips and see if you can tag along to show some great shooting spots besides the platforms at the stations. B)

I'm up for it, but now that we have a good idea, watch the F-series REALLY retire lol. I'm kidding!

I'm up for it, but now that we have a good idea, watch the F-series REALLY retire lol. I'm kidding!
Don't say that! That'll be the worst.

Careful what I ask for; no F units this weekend per rr.net. P40s on both shuttles. oh vell.:)
I think they heard you now, good going Jack..... :(:(

Archived