You can submit your comments for the proposed fare and toll hikes on line

BrooklynBus

Well I'm sorry but shoving people on trains is not the answer either which is what your comment to the (MTA) seems to suggest. I don't know how many people are going to complain about the cost of express buses when the (MTA) has continued to cut express buses practically every pick. I'm not sure what more you want them to cut?? They've been cutting the service as much as they can without having to hold public hearings and at the same time trying to serve the customers who use the express bus and need it. Those people do exist you know.

I like how you just bring up the idea of having people go to the LIRR without providing any sort of suggestion as to how those people should get there, nor the overcrowding that could result from the influx of passengers, nor the inconvenience of folks with long commutes now being forced to have to endure more stops to accommodate the displaced express bus passengers... Also when the LIRR gets knocked out then what??? Those people are left stranded. I find it amazing that there is such anti bus talk after we saw how important buses were when the subways were knocked out. Now I understand your desire to cut waste, but I think this constant talk about how "wasteful" express buses are is just pure ignorance because clearly you haven't been following what's been going on with cuts to express buses.

I think you need to see for yourself just which express buses are running and where because if you're referring to Queens, basically most of those buses only run during rush hours and if they're off peak then they're far away from the LIRR. In short you're complaining about something that has already been looked at and handled.

What's also interesting is you have record ridership on MetroNorth and yet the prices continue to go up. Don't sit here and slam the passengers as if we don't need our services. The bigger question is why can't we keep our services without the prices constantly rising??? With record ridership on MetroNorth I can't understand why those prices continue to go up along with the LIRR and those trains are SRO almost like subways during rush hour. That's what is ridiculous, but no one is talking about that though.

Well I'm sorry but shoving people on trains is not the answer either which is what your comment to the (MTA) seems to suggest. I don't know how many people are going to complain about the cost of express buses when the (MTA) has continued to cut express buses practically every pick. I'm not sure what more you want them to cut?? They've been cutting the service as much as they can without having to hold public hearings and at the same time trying to serve the customers who use the express bus and need it. Those people do exist you know.

I like how you just bring up the idea of having people go to the LIRR without providing any sort of suggestion as to how those people should get there, nor the overcrowding that could result from the influx of passengers, nor the inconvenience of folks with long commutes now being forced to have to endure more stops to accommodate the displaced express bus passengers... Also when the LIRR gets knocked out then what??? Those people are left stranded. I find it amazing that there is such anti bus talk after we saw how important buses were when the subways were knocked out. Now I understand your desire to cut waste, but I think this constant talk about how "wasteful" express buses are is just pure ignorance because clearly you haven't been following what's been going on with cuts to express buses.

I think you need to see for yourself just which express buses are running and where because if you're referring to Queens, basically most of those buses only run during rush hours and if they're off peak then they're far away from the LIRR. In short you're complaining about something that has already been looked at and handled.

What's also interesting is you have record ridership on MetroNorth and yet the prices continue to go up. Don't sit here and slam the passengers as if we don't need our services. The bigger question is why can't we keep our services without the prices constantly rising??? With record ridership on MetroNorth I can't understand why those prices continue to go up along with the LIRR and those trains are SRO almost like subways during rush hour. That's what is ridiculous, but no one is talking about that though.

Dude every express bus has it's place and function and importance. However what you fail to realize is some lines people are just not using. Ohh only rockaway trains stop at SE queens LIRR stations babylon trains only serve st albans. Those trains always stopped there. Plus Hollis and those other stations are only served by hempstead trains all other trains skip those stations. Port washington has local and express trains at rush eliminating your argument. Plus you wanna know why express buses that duplicate LIRR are rush hour only I will tell you why cause nobody cares!!!!! And on weekends LIRR is cheaper so forget X63 weekend service not happening. QM3 You do realize it only has 3 trips vs LIRR 7 day service and LIRR is faster and most stations are accessible eliminating the elderly argument. LIRR is cheaper on weekends what makes you think one will take an infrequent bus over the LIRR? Queens express service is the way it is for a reason.

And the constant reduction of express services is mostly limited to brooklyn why again brooklynites are NOT USING THEIR BM BUSES!!!!!!!!!

Dude every express bus has it's place and function and importance. However what you fail to realize is some lines people are just not using. Ohh only rockaway trains stop at SE queens LIRR stations babylon trains only serve st albans. Those trains always stopped there. Plus Hollis and those other stations are only served by hempstead trains all other trains skip those stations. Port washington has local and express trains at rush eliminating your argument. Plus you wanna know why express buses that duplicate LIRR are rush hour only I will tell you why cause nobody cares!!!!! And on weekends LIRR is cheaper so forget X63 weekend service not happening. QM3 You do realize it only has 3 trips vs LIRR 7 day service and LIRR is faster and most stations are accessible eliminating the elderly argument. LIRR is cheaper on weekends what makes you think one will take an infrequent bus over the LIRR? Queens express service is the way it is for a reason.

And the constant reduction of express services is mostly limited to brooklyn why again brooklynites are NOT USING THEIR BM BUSES!!!!!!!!!

You've just proven my point which was that those express buses only run during rush hour.... Thanks!!

Archived