The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final day of the week, we started at P.S. 248.

We got all of our tools. And books. And they weigh more than most midgets.

Thats Nothing wait till you start getting more stuff...

I suggest you folks invest in good bags but please try to stay away from the Suitcases!

Nobody warned us about how heavy our books and tools are. felt like i was carrying a small child on my back

What ya thought we was gonna tell you everything??? Somethings ya gotta find out for yerselves! :)

Thats Nothing wait till you start getting more stuff...

I suggest you folks invest in good bags but please try to stay away from the Suitcases! :)

Damn, they really give you guys that much to carry? I have a small tool bag with a vest, flashlight, escape mask, and some keys in it.

Yep my work bag is a heavy Mofo!

I had flashbacks lugging mine back home today lol. It'll get heavier once we get our radios next week. Reminded me when I was with the grunts carrying around my Radio/Satcom equipment. Most of the wieght was from the books though.

Edited by elantra06

TSS Ricky is a cool guy. I don't know Roberto. And the last time I saw Donald, he looked like he was on his way to Europe with that big suitcase he rolls around (laminated stripmap cheatsheets can't take up THAT much room!). I managed to get all of my required PPE into a swissgear backpack which I bought at Staples, with room to spare for my WAA-survival kit. Once you finish schoolcar and get on the road, the only books you'll be required to carry are the rulebook, blue book and either the butcher book or another pocket notebook which you can use to write notes for customers. Did they give you a route guide?

Edited by Snowblock

How come you didn't say hello to me Snowblock if you saw me? And carrying a big bag comes in handy because I carry my lunch in there. So if I ever get stuck somewhere, I'm never seperated from my food.

what do you carry for lunch, a picnic? I can carry my lunch easily in my bag without that huge bag you drag behind you.