The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

"Kept" failing the medical? I only failed the medical once. And I have plenty of friends at Woodlawn. I'm a celebrity there. When I walk through the door, everyone literaly stops what they are doing. I know everyone there on a first name basis.

Edited by Donald

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a basic Nike backpack and I attach the escape mask to the outside w/ cable ties. The worst parts are the mask & rulebook, otherwise it wouldn't be too heavy. You can also try to keep some items on your person - on your belt or in pockets, like the radio, break handle/reverser holster, & other tools. There are a few T/Os & TSSs who don't even carry bags. Always carry what you need, but not a thing more.

And I have plenty of friends at Woodlawn. I'm a celebrity there. When I walk through the door, everyone literaly stops what they are doing. I know everyone there on a first name basis.

BBBBBBWWWWWWhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Edited by RTOMan

It's diet soda.

Its just as bad..

Still you know everything right? Get back to me when you are getting yer finger pricked every six months..

I use a basic Nike backpack and I attach the escape mask to the outside w/ cable ties. The worst parts are the mask & rulebook, otherwise it wouldn't be too heavy. You can also try to keep some items on your person - on your belt or in pockets, like the radio, break handle/reverser holster, & other tools. There are a few T/Os & TSSs who don't even carry bags. Always carry what you need, but not a thing more.

Thats what i do i carry what i need..

Diet soda is actually WORSE for you than the regular stuff. Have you ever read the ingredient list? At least High Fructose Corn Syrup is something found in nature. The chemical crap they put in the diet soda in order to keep the calorie/sugar count down is instead giving you cancer and heart disease, and the fact that there is FAKE sugar in there causes a psychological effect on your brain which has you craving the real stuff in other forms. I'm guessing that you carry snacks in your suitcase too, and they aren't of the diet variety?

Love or hate Bloomberg, but his large soda ban is trying to stamp out activity just like this.

Today, we did our didactic part of Track Safety and Certification, and got our Track Safety cards. Did some Rule Book readings also. Wednesday we'll be going for our boots and radios.

Got my John's Deli fix; roast beef + mozz + gravy = YUM.

RANT SECTION:

I started this thread to tell about Schoolcar for all of those who are going to ask the same questions over and over again without actually reading. No, seriously, I started it to show people what it's like. I did NOT start it to have people hijack it. Personally, I don't care, and I'm not taking sides. If you want to fight and bash, go meet at the flagpole after school. Not here, please.

[/RANT]

No offense, but from the responses this thread is getting, I don't think anyone here is interested in the school car experience. Why don't you wait until school car is over and then just write up a summary of your experiences? Reading that would be far more interesting and helpful than reading what you had for lunch.

Edited by Donald

No offense, but from the responses this thread is getting, I don't think anyone here is interested in the school car experience. Why don't you wait until school car is over and then just write up a summary of your experiences? Reading that would be far more interesting and helpful than reading what you had for lunch.

No offense, but some of us here actually are. I'm particularly interested since I work for a different railroad that does things that are very different in terms of training. If you don't think this thread is worth it, go post somewhere else.

Considering you are the one who initially hijacked the thread, your opinion is being ignored.

No offense, but some of us here actually are. I'm particularly interested since I work for a different railroad that does things that are very different in terms of training. If you don't think this thread is worth it, go post somewhere else.

Same here , I find the training very interesting.

tumblr_mcvwn0iSs01rdh8xso1_500.png

Considering you are the one who initially hijacked the thread, your opinion is being ignored.

Do yourself a big favor...Never take any advice, information ect from him. Already his reputation around the rto system is extremly poor. And this goes for any future A division or current A division Train operators. Watch your back with him, HE WILL THROW YOU UNDER THE TRAIN. His name is Evan Langman.

thats my schoolcar lesson from me to you.

Edited by Dan05979

Do yourself a big favor...Never take any advice, information ect from him. Already his reputation around the rto system is exreemly poor. And this goes for any future A division or current A division Train operators. Watch your back with him, HE WILL THROW YOU UNDER THE TRAIN.

thats my schoolcar lesson from me to you.

What HE Said..

WOW!! Y'all throwing names out there and all! Lol

Anyhow, mediccjh, thanks for starting this thread. I'm enjoying the schoolcar experience as well. A lot of cool people in our class, all of whom in my eyes are focused on passing this course and become successful T/O's. Its going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to it!!

WOW!! Y'all throwing names out there and all! Lol

Anyhow, mediccjh, thanks for starting this thread. I'm enjoying the schoolcar experience as well. A lot of cool people in our class, all of whom in my eyes are focused on passing this course and become successful T/O's. Its going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to it!!

Yup, this shit is real. Your jobs are at stake here, might as well know whats up. PM me if you need photo's also.

Yesterday was going over the rule book again. A division split up for a little while doing right to know training. Its basically going over hazards you might encounter on the job. There are quizzes after each section and if you get it wrong, it goes over that section again until you get it right. Each person sits at a computer with headsets and you go at your own pace. I have no idea what the B division guys were doing.

Yesterday was going over the rule book again. A division split up for a little while doing right to know training. Its basically going over hazards you might encounter on the job. There are quizzes after each section and if you get it wrong, it goes over that section again until you get it right. Each person sits at a computer with headsets and you go at your own pace. I have no idea what the B division guys were doing.

Get used to doing that every Year around your birthday for the rest of your time down here, when you go for your medical and or hearing test. Edited by RTOMan

If T/O schoolcar is anything like C/R schoolcar, you won't ever see the other division classes ever again after the first couple days (but if there's more than one class in your division, you'll get together for exams and event days like when you tour the RCC).

One tip to remember for Right To Know is that you can click on the buttons before the video/audio finishes playing. After you've sat through this a couple times, you'll already know all the answers and just want to get it over with as fast as possible.

Edited by Snowblock