The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw another T/O class at Kings Highway this morning. They're EVERYWHERE!!!

We're EVERYWHERE!!!!

We were there around lunch today, Snowblock.

We went for our joyride on the R160. I operated from 15 St to 2 Av. The timers from 9 St to Jay are a pain in the ass, and I had flaggers on top of it.

I'm not a fan of the Master Controller. Seems tight to move up and down.

Tomorrow we start R46s.

We're EVERYWHERE!!!!

We were there around lunch today, Snowblock.

We went for our joyride on the R160. I operated from 15 St to 2 Av. The timers from 9 St to Jay are a pain in the ass, and I had flaggers on top of it.

I'm not a fan of the Master Controller. Seems tight to move up and down.

Tomorrow we start R46s.

I give you guys in the B lots of credit. Thats alot of equipment y'all have to learn...at least alot compared to us in the A!! Is everyone catching on ok??

I give you guys in the B lots of credit. Thats alot of equipment y'all have to learn...at least alot compared to us in the A!! Is everyone catching on ok??

So far so good. We're qualified on R68, R68A, and R160.

We started the R46s today. Those things look very beat.....

Whats a "dream key"?

It's a key the RR give to their employees and what the conductors use on trains. Both RR have the same sets and it has many functions on the equipments and does it all except train movement . Looks just like the TA conductors keys but bigger and heavier. But I was just wondering do TO's get a master key like what only Engineers get which is gold and longer. So for instance two sets of transportation keys.

It's a key the RR give to their employees and what the conductors use on trains. Both RR have the same sets and it has many functions on the equipments and does it all except train movement . Looks just like the TA conductors keys but bigger and heavier. But I was just wondering do TO's get a master key like what only Engineers get which is gold and longer. So for instance two sets of transportation keys.

I can't speak for the TA guys but at PATH C/Rs and M/M have 4 of the same keys. A PA1-4 cab key, PA1-4 MDC key, PA5 cab key and a PA5 Vapor key. Aside from work trains, the PA1-4 keys are not needed except to key-by 3 signals.

Medicc where do they want the marker?? I thought reading a thread b4 the marker could b in front of the window or middle of it

Also so far whats ur fav train to operate

Per my instructors, they basically want it in the 'blind spot' between the front vision glass and your side windshield.

So far, I like the R68s the best. Either way, I need to be able to operate and control all classes, preferences aside.

We did flagging today, and stopped a few ®s south of 77th St.

Nothing like standing between the columns and having the train passing you a foot away.....