The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyride today on an R46 from 207 St to Euclid Ave.

Euclid Ave on the middle track is very deceiving. I came in a little too fast, and barely stopped at the 10-car marker. The Dispatcher came out, laughing, and asked me how much brake I took, and my TSS piped out, "65." Hey, at least I made the stop. We were all laughing about it, but I learned my lesson....looks can be deceiving. 

Concourse tomorrow to practice for our Yard Practical on Thursday. 

Edited by mediccjh

Very happy to say one more hurdle has been crossed....my class all passed our final yard practical!! School car is moving along very well, but its not over yet, we still have to stay on point!!

Congrats. We take our Final Yard Practical tomorrow at Coney. 

Passed my Final Yard Practical.

Halfway there.

Tomorrow we'll be going on a field trip for Group Switching, hanging out in South Brooklyn.

congrats! We did group switching today mostly in lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. R62 road day tomorrow then road poasting on tuesday for 3 weeks. Finally get to operate with customers... WooHoo!!!

Passed my Final Yard Practical.

Halfway there.

Tomorrow we'll be going on a field trip for Group Switching, hanging out in South Brooklyn. 

Heh now yer going to a DIFFERENT part of the B Div!

Moodypeople.com

Hopefully you will get to operate a Siemens R160.. Totally different Train than the Alstom operational wise.

Edited by RTOMan

I can't believe how fast school car is flying by. I start road posting on Tuesday bright and early at 0400 in the morning. I feel very confident and ready. I'm grateful 95% reporting locations are in the Bronx. Minutes away from my house :D. Yesterday before we were dismissed from class our TSS's told us to enjoy our last 3 day weekend off. We won't get another one for years to come :P .

Look like my New A Div T/O's may have extended training after school car.

Is it true that after my class all future classes when released from school car will go to the yard for 3-6 months before going to the road? I've been hearing that my class and our sister class will be the last ones going straight to the road after schoolcar.

Edited by elantra06

s it true that after my class all future classes when released from school car will go to the yard for 3-6 months before going to the road? I've been hearing that my class and our sister class will be the last ones going straight to the road after schoolcar.

Hey the way things are down here it might be your group as well!

Thats what they want for A Div but they can't figure out how they going to work in there new plan because not enough TSS' s and that means overtime every day. Also change of the gard the ACTO pushing the idea is being pushed into B Div and A Div getting a new guy. Lots of changes coming in RTO. Also the TSS pick is postponed unit the new guys figure it out.

Edited by Pelham Bay Dave

Thats what they want for A Div but they can't figure out how they going to work in there new plan because not enough TSS' s and that means overtime every day. Also change of the gard the ACTO pushing the idea is being pushed into B Div and A Div getting a new guy. Lots of changes coming in RTO. Also the TSS pick is postponed unit the new guys figure it out.

Change of the guard,ACTO? What does this mean?

Changes in RTO like what?

Edited by Dan05979

My first day of road posting today and I recieved a good evaluation from the TSS that rode my train up to Dyre Ave. Also had a superintendent on my train for a few stops as well. Just got to stay focused and continue to do my best. Job isn't that hard once you follow the rules and do what your suppose to do.

Edited by elantra06

Just finished first day of road posting on 7 line and what a day it was! Started out normal, but then sat around at main st after the 1st trip for 3 hours due to power outages around 94th st. No trains in or out of Main st, service was only from 74th st-Times Square! Situation was cleared up and was able to make one last trip.

Learned a valuable tip on braking from the T/O that broke me in...overall today was a success!!!

My first day of road posting today and I recieved a good evaluation from the TSS that rode my train up to Dyre Ave. Also had a superintendent on my train for a few stops as well. Just got to stay focused and continue to do my best. Job isn't that hard once you follow the rules and do what your suppose to do.

Exactly!

Switching/relaying today at 179 St. Nothing to report; just moved around like a ping-pong ball.

Field trip tomorrow along the (F) and (G) for group switching.

You gonna be at Church most likey.. More Ping Pong....

Wait till ya get to CTL....

My second day of road posting and unfortunatly on my final trip for the day I had to make the call to RCC that I prayed I would never ever have to make .

12-9.......Why did he have to pick my train.......

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. Murphy's Law at play, I guess. Remember that it is not your fault or a representation of your skills or training. It's an unfortunate experience that will be a learning experience for you in the future.  

My second day of road posting and unfortunatly on my final trip for the day I had to make the call to RCC that I prayed I would never ever have to make .

You was the One at 59th?

Wow i had my 12-9 when i was posting as well....

OMG. Sorry to hear that bro. Thats the one thing im dreading also.

Posted on the 5 today from Dyre to Flat. Got to experience the gap fillers! Was a little nervous at first, but i handled it well. Good day posting overall. My braking is getting better which is good!