The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

Tonight we took an R68 from Stillwell to Astoria via the Brighton, to Whitehall to Astoria to Coney via the Sea Beach.

19/19 on my station stops. I made that train my bitch. Twice.

Tomorrow night, We go down the (RR) from Continental in a R46. It's our last night of Night Road Operations, and I want to end on a high note. The 46 made me its bitch last week; I don't plan on letting it happen again. 

Flynn & Welsh-El...Cool dudes. Serious about their job and turning out confident/competent T/O's; with a little levity thrown in.

I had Welsh-El for a class, and for my Final Yard Practical. Very smart, very thorough, very patient.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flynn & Welsh-El...Cool dudes. Serious about their job and turning out confident/competent T/O's; with a little levity thrown in.

I had Flynn, Magri and Welsh-El also for my final yard practical. All cool guys....Welsh-El came off as a bit of a hard ass, but i've heard hes pretty good

This might be bad news tho for my class....Flynn is one of TA-18's tss's and if he's reassigned already, there's a chance our TSS's might have been reassined as well.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Tackled the 62's out of Lenox today...2 trips and although I still need some adjustments in my station stops with them, i feel comfortable operating 'em! Last day of road posting tomorrow then back to school car for two weeks, then we're on our own. Hopefully we still have our original TSS's for the rest of schoolcar

Beneka, you're already posting correct?

Yeah, road posting...2morrows the last day of that for us.

Last night was our last night of Road Operations. Took a R46 from Continental to 95 St to Continental to Whitehall to Continental. 

The 46s out of Jamaica are a helluva lot better than the ones out of Pitkin. Good brakes, receptive train. I got all of my station stops in.

Signal test on Monday. 

Fire School today...that instructor stepped waaaay too close to the 3rd rail. I understand the concept of respecting something that has the potential for doing the undoable and the concept of I've been doing this since blah blah blah...but DAYUM!!!

Fire School today...that instructor stepped waaaay too close to the 3rd rail. I understand the concept of respecting something that has the potential for doing the undoable and the concept of I've been doing this since blah blah blah...but DAYUM!!!

You haven't seen anything yet just wait till you get  a load of third rail signals and track out here...

I'm sure it's a trip...literally. HA!!! Naw, I'm here. I'm ready. It comes with the job. I'm sure there's some real wonky things that happen on the road that warrant a head scratch or two.

Yep true!  Now that being SAID you need to KNOW what you say on that radio when you encounter stuff like that..

Read the "Near Miss Bulletin"..

Tell your Classmates!!!

I'm sure it's a trip...literally. HA!!! Naw, I'm here. I'm ready. It comes with the job. I'm sure there's some real wonky things that happen on the road that warrant a head scratch or two.

Dude, there's a lot of things you'll see and hear that make you scratch your head....

Signal test on Monday.

Good luck on the signal test. Im sure youre on top of your game, so you should be good!

Passed my Signal Test. 

(No, I will not tell you what is on the test. No, I will not tell you how the test goes. You will find out on your own, just like I did.)

It's hard to believe that 2/3 of Schoolcar is done. Next week we start Road Posting. 

Did the 3rd rail jumper today at 207 yard with my entire induction class, both A and B divisions.  funny how we all ended up doing it  on the same day.  havent seen some of those guys since the first week of school car.

Edited by Etrain

Passed my Signal Test. 

(No, I will not tell you what is on the test. No, I will not tell you how the test goes. You will find out on your own, just like I did.)

It's hard to believe that 2/3 of Schoolcar is done. Next week we start Road Posting. 

Great Medic!!!

Passed my Signal Test. 

Dont worry they change it up anyway...

Ok now who overran TSQ by 2 door panels on the #1 line N/B ? Someone else overran Christopher St S /B.
No one from my class, we are back in school this week. Final on Thursday and road practical next tuesday. Then they throw us to the wolves.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Ok now who overran TSQ by 2 door panels on the #1 line N/B ? Someone else overran Christopher St S /B.

Not my division, Dave.

Relays at Euclid and Broad St., with a tour of Fresh Pond Yard in between. There is no pond there. 

FACT: It is 72 steps from street level to the (L) platform at Broadway Junction. 

(Yet I still beat my classmates and Instructors who took the escalator, starting at the same time, while carrying all my crap in my bag on my back.)