The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a 6 light from Pelham Bay Park. Switched North of Atlantic to the New Lots line. I was good when I took over the controls from Bergen to New Lots. On the way back to Pelham, I dumped when I over ran Whitlock by a bonnet and again when I pulled into Parkchester.

Goin 35-40 into those stations isn't unnerving. It's the braking...Feels like there's no brakes when you apply full service then min then all of a sudden the monster stops moving...I'm like...What?!?! hahahahahahahaha. It's the next best thing to roller skating.

Edited by kevinetics

I finally start Schoolcar 3/25 :-). What day should I start bringing a backpack? Since our first two days are Downtown BK then P.S. 248 - I'll be hopping on the train. I took that drive to P.S. 248 once and traffic going to and from was murder!! How many days do we report to 248? Thanks in advance.

Congrats BX Girl. You won't need your backpack until thursday or Friday at ps248. The tss will tell you which day they will be giving you your books and tools and they will remind you to bring a backpack that day. You don't need one for orientation at Livingston. Just bring something you can fit a book binder in. You will be filling out paperwork for human resources and meeting reps from the different dept. Going over insurance and 401 & 457 Plans the first 2 days.

You will be at ps248 for 4 days plus 1 day for the right to know class sometime the following week. If you are driving you should be there around 6:30 to find parking except wed when there is no alt. Side.

Good Luck

Wow what happened to the other 3?

Went back to their former titles(If they had them) or got clipped or just quit. Seen that happen a few times myself. Not everybody can be a Train operator...

Took a 6 light from Pelham Bay Park. Switched North of Atlantic to the New Lots line. I was good when I took over the controls from Bergen to New Lots. On the way back to Pelham, I dumped when I over ran Whitlock by a bonnet and again when I pulled into Parkchester.

Goin 35-40 into those stations isn't unnerving. It's the braking...Feels like there's no brakes when you apply full service then min then all of a sudden the monster stops moving...I'm like...What?!?! hahahahahahahaha. It's the next best thing to roller skating.

Thats how the Dynamic Braking on the NTT works sorta like the R62A's...

I learned to Listen to the train it tells me when the dynamic brakes kick in..

In time you will be able to listen to the train too as well...

Edited by RTOMan

One threw up his hands and basically walked out.

They dont like stuff like that esp if you are from the Open Competitive list..

You just wasted theirs and your time...

Like RTOMan said, 2 went back to their former titles due to concerns about seniority.

Looking at three four of five years as extra extra with no life and you can prob get Weekends Off and good jobs can do that!

Yeah that's why I'm already having second thoughts about going to T/O. Since I have to wait for the next promotional to come around, I'm gonna have to watch all of these O/C people who are still waiting to get called pass me in seniority. I may just have to bide my time in Towers until I can promote to a supervisory position and bypass the T/O title altogether.....

In my C/R class, we had one (a promotional) who went back as soon as the third rail jumper video was played at the end of the first week. "They aren't paying me enough to do this crazychit!"

Edited by Snowblock

Wow you guys going down the road already?! Thats cool..did u get to do 59th st or 77th st? Those r some fast ass stations!!

I finally start Schoolcar 3/25 :-). What day should I start bringing a backpack? Since our first two days are Downtown BK then P.S. 248 - I'll be hopping on the train. I took that drive to P.S. 248 once and traffic going to and from was murder!! How many days do we report to 248? Thanks in advance.

Congrats bx girl! As posted before, you'll need at least a little bag to fit paperwork, binders and folders in from day 1! You will probably need a bigger bag when its time to get your tools and books from ps 248. And also when driving to any of the locations, plan to be there at least 30 mins early. Some of the instructors don't play and they will cut your time if your just 2 or 3 mins late!

Wow you guys going down the road already?! Thats cool..did u get to do 59th st or 77th st? Those r some fast ass stations!!

Nah but one of my classmates did and they flew

into 77th S/B and N/B like the station was endless with no 10 car marker. I was like, "DAYUM!!!" S/B we overran but N/B was good.

Nah but one of my classmates did and they flew

into 77th S/B and N/B like the station was endless with no 10 car marker. I was like, "DAYUM!!!" S/B we overran but N/B was good.

Wait til' you get on the Smee equipment, then the real fun begins.

Yeah that's why I'm already having second thoughts about going to T/O. Since I have to wait for the next promotional to come around, I'm gonna have to watch all of these O/C people who are still waiting to get called pass me in seniority. I may just have to bide my time in Towers until I can promote to a supervisory position and bypass the T/O title altogether.....

In my C/R class, we had one (a promotional) who went back as soon as the third rail jumper video was played at the end of the first week. "They aren't paying me enough to do this crazychit!"

third rail jumpers are no big deal. I felt totally safe doing it. Funny thing is you do it in school car and then most likely will never have to do it again. They'll use a rescue train before using the jumpers.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Wait till you experience those tech trains in the rain and snow.

Survived my first night of Road Posting. No signals hit, no overruns. Did 1 trip on the (E) with a R160, one on the (J) with a R160, and the last one one the (J) with a shitbox, er, R42. I really want to push them into the ocean.

So far, so good. My motormen (since that's what all 3 came in as) were helpful and knowledgeable. 

Up on the (A) tonight, starting at 207 at around midnight. 

Well I passed my road pratical today which I'm thankful for. The superintendent that evaluated use was very, very strict and straightforward on what he expected of my class.

Yup road practical they dont play when we had ours we had R62A's from the 6 Line the, Supt stood in the operating cab with his hand on the cord...

Well I passed my road pratical today which I'm thankful for. The superintendent that evaluated use was very, very strict and straightforward on what he expected of my class.

Congrats.

Excellent night road posting on the (A). My motorman got me to perfect my stopping on the R46s. Did 2 trips; he piloted the first one while I took notes, and I piloted the second. 

(Q) from Coney tonight. 

Congrats.

Excellent night road posting on the (A). My motorman got me to perfect my stopping on the R46s. Did 2 trips; he piloted the first one while I took notes, and I piloted the second. 

(Q) from Coney tonight. 

How do the conductors like working with you?