The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

Had my first track fire today. It was interesting, pm rush south of grand central. Train was packed and i had to shut down the hvac. I then sat there and watched the fire burn while control asked if its safe to go past. Had 2 superintendents walk down from 42 and put it out. It all turned out ok.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Because of that I was crawling all the way to 14th St. I thought I was never going to get to Flatbush. I almost got turned at 86th St.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been road posting all night all week; was on the (D) Tuesday night and the (A) last night; both great nights.

It's the Homeless Express, er, the (E) tonight, before I head back west.

How much longer do you guys have left in schoolcar? Are you all excited to get out on your own?!

We have Taylor and Albanese. They're on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to methods of teaching but a wealth of knowledge to gain between the both of them.

Tss Taylor has an incredible wealth of knowledge. He is a legend and an artist. You are in good hands.

Had my first track fire today. It was interesting, pm rush south of grand central. Train was packed and i had to shut down the hvac. I then sat there and watched the fire burn while control asked if its safe to go past. Had 2 superintendents walk down from 42 and put it out. It all turned out ok.

Because of that I was crawling all the way to 14th St. I thought I was never going to get to Flatbush. I almost got turned at 86th St.

yea it was crazy, and talking to control about the situation was a trip. Rcc: is it a smoke condition or do you see flames? Me: i see flames coming up from between the running rails. Rcc: is it safe to go past? Me: negative there are flames between the runnings rails. Rcc: what is on fire? Me: control I'm not close enough to tell what's burning and i don't intend to get any closer. Rcc: stop and stay, stand by.

Tss Taylor has an incredible wealth of knowledge. He is a legend and an artist. You are in good hands.

You ain't lying when you say Taylor is a legend and an artist. He can't enter a building or yard without people praising him and his drawing skills on those dry erase boards are something else. I couldn't be anymore thankful to have a TSS like him who covers everything from top to bottom.

Oh yer gonna have  loads of fun,,,,

I'm sure there was some sarcasm in there somewhere but I don't think loads wouldn't be the right word for it, I'd say it's more like tons of fun.

We have Taylor and Albanese. They're on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to methods of teaching but a wealth of knowledge to gain between the both of them.

Taylor is a legend, not that I ever met him. I saw one of his legendary drawings.

Albanese is great. I like his wit, and I always give it right back to him. It's hilarious listening to him bitch about the R150s. Did he tell you to count all the ballast in the yard yet?

Taylor is a legend, not that I ever met him. I saw one of his legendary drawings.

Albanese is great. I like his wit, and I always give it right back to him. It's hilarious listening to him bitch about the R150s. Did he tell you to count all the ballast in the yard yet?

He hasn't mentioned anything about ballast but he did tell me I'd have to hump the 3rd rail if I didn't answer his question correctly lol.

Needless to say, I didn't hump the 3rd rail.

Edited by Big Blue

I'm sure there was some sarcasm in there somewhere but I don't think loads wouldn't be the right word for it, I'd say it's more like tons of fun.

Actually no there wasn't any dont assume now! ;)  I had both of them as instructors awesome Guys Big Buffs at that.... If you like anything  higher number wise than a R36 Albanese will rattle off how bad everything else is. Taylor will always have this smile on his face when he teaches, your Class is lucky you got two of the best learn from them.. If you are in the A Div maybe a Side trip to 207 to see Albanese's "babies" if you are in the B Div You will definitely see them.

Edited by RTOMan

Actually no there wasn't any dont assume now! ;)  I had both of them as instructors awesome Guys Big Buffs at that.... If you like anything  higher number wise than a R36 Albanese will rattle off how bad everything else is. Taylor will always have this smile on his face when he teaches, your Class is lucky you got two of the best learn from them.. If you are in the A Div maybe a Side trip to 207 to see Albanese's "babies" if you are in the B Div You will definitely see them.

Three weeks in I can tell that my class is very fortunate to have these two as instructors. I've heard stories about other instructors and all I can say is that I'm more than glad we have who we have. 

Tomorrow we'll be at CIYD so I'm sure Albanese will give us a peek at some of his babies.

Three weeks in I can tell that my class is very fortunate to have these two as instructors. I've heard stories about other instructors and all I can say is that I'm more than glad we have who we have.

Tomorrow we'll be at CIYD so I'm sure Albanese will give us a peek at some of his babies.

Taylor is my homie!!! Really great guy and as everyone said, he's full of information on transit and knows just about everything about the trains! We had him for a week when Cox was on vaca and although at times I felt the info he was giving us was a bit unnecessary, it was definitely a pleasure to have him. You guys are in good hands!!

Had my first experience with a sick passenger today on the 2 train today. Someone had a seizure in the 4th car of my train. Was held up at wall st for almost half hour....turned that 1½ ride down to Flatbush a 2 hour ride. Lots of angry passengers!! I'm sure it wont be the last time....hope the passenger is ok!

Was on the (F) yesterday afternoon and evening, and got to experience the Queens Blvd. Conga Line due to the Metropolitan Ave Mess. 

Tonight on the (RR) out of 95 St. Maybe I'll walk to work.....

Told you The Corridor is lovely when all is well..

When it goes to the chitter it goes to the chitter..

Almost a hr from CTL to Queens Plaza last night for me Awesome.. Just awesome...

Told you The Corridor is lovely when all is well..

When it goes to the chitter it goes to the chitter..

Almost a hr from CTL to Queens Plaza last night for me Awesome.. Just awesome...

Tonight was the Broadway Conga Line. They put (N)s in front of me. Twice. And they were slow. Killed my time. 

Otherwise, a good night on the (RR). Good to see ya, RTO. Sorry I couldn't chat; I had to make the next (RR)

Tonight was the Broadway Conga Line. They put (N)s in front of me. Twice. And they were slow. Killed my time. 

Otherwise, a good night on the (RR). Good to see ya, RTO. Sorry I couldn't chat; I had to make the next (RR)

Its cool we will cross paths again!

The other day was the longest day I've had so far. I fell to the board at White plains then picked up half a job at Pelham and finished at Weschester yard for a lay up.

After almost a month being spoiled on the R142's I'm back on smee euipment today lol.

I'm really liking the new badges Harry. Nice.......