The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Hepatitis C the same thing as HPV? Because Right to Know goes on about HPV pretty extensively......

HPV is the Human Paploma Virus.

Hepatitis C ruins the liver badly, and is spread quicker than AIDS. The chances of getting HIV/AIDS from a needlestick is less than 3%.

Sidebar.....got my uniforms. Shirt and pants fit, jackets don't. I told the person measuring me to order long; she said "Oh, they'll base it off my measurements." Why listen to the person who knows their size? It was the first package of 2 today; I hope the return label comes in the second package; all I got was a receipt.

It's not unusual for the uniforms to arrive in the wrong size. If they do, SEND THEM BACK. I had to try 3 times before I got a hat that fit. If there's anything that you really need, you can go to the 6th floor at 130 Livingston and ask to see a uniform/equipment employee. They have a closet there with returned uniforms which you can pick from.

Yesterday was going over the rule book again. A division split up for a little while doing right to know training. Its basically going over hazards you might encounter on the job. There are quizzes after each section and if you get it wrong, it goes over that section again until you get it right. Each person sits at a computer with headsets and you go at your own pace. I have no idea what the B division guys were doing.

That Right to Know is mandatory for all MTA agencies. Did they show the video from the 80's with factory injuries?

That Right to Know is mandatory for all MTA agencies. Did they show the video from the 80's with factory injuries?

Yes.

Did your winter coat come with a hood? Some of us got hoods, others didn't, but there's a bulletin which actually states that we aren't allowed to use the hood while operating, due to a potential dragging issue!

Nope.

In the begining of Oct I orderd 2 short sleeves and 1 long sleeves because my others were beyond cleaning and repair. After 1 month of waiting I called these idiots to see why my order is taking forever. They told me my CC# was no good, after they checked the apologized and sent the order out. These people are terrible at customer service for one of their biggest clients.

So we got our first paycheck today and some of us, including myself, got shorted a day. How do we go about getting that days pay??

I did also. I think it was from last Tuesday when the TSS at 130 Livingston came so we could sign in but then left because the orientation had already started. I remember he said he already knew who was there and would document us. I guess if they don't have our signature on the payroll sheet we do not get paid for that day. They weren't kidding when they told us every morning we come to work you say "good morning, where's the payroll sheet to sign in".

I will give a copy of my stub and location/times to my TSS on Monday and ask him what form we fill out to correct this. You can do the same. Your TSS can also let you know what to do.

Edited by elantra06

I did also. I think it was from last Tuesday when the TSS at 130 Livingston came so we could sign in but then left because the orientation had already started. I remember he said he already knew who was there and would document us. I guess if they don't have our signature on the payroll sheet we do not get paid for that day. They weren't kidding when they told us every morning we come to work you say "good morning, where's the payroll sheet to sign in".

I will give a copy of my stub to my TSS on Monday and ask him what form we fill out to correct this.

I believe this has been taken care of. The whole class will supposedly recieve the 8 hours on the next check. You should call timekeeping before Friday to double check. Also, when I spoke to them they said they assumed we didn't start on Verteran's Day, so we didn't get credit for that day.

Best of luck to all T/O's and C/R's have a great start on Monday.

I will give a copy of my stub and location/times to my TSS on Monday and ask him what form we fill out to correct this. You can do the same. Your TSS can also let you know what to do.

Yeah, sucks that they worked it like that last Tuesday. Ill show my stub to the TSS as well...hopefully it will be in our next pay

Glad School car is working out so far. Just have fun and learn. Also to get paid you must sign the payroll every day In and out. This case the TSS messed up but I'm sure they are taken care of it. Once again good luck to all our new C/R and T/O students. If anyone got questions I'll do my Best to answer them. Those that don't know me I'm a Road TSS in A Div.

hey new guys, i start on 12/17...A quick question about benefits, not sure if this the right place, but if someone can point me in the right direction to another thread i would appreciate that also.

Was the topic of domestic partners discussed in terms of health care coverage during the orientation...I know they cover domestic partners, but i need to get a domestic partner packet to add my girlfriend to my coverage. Any help with this would be appreciated...The topic is kinda stumping me right now on what to do in terms if affidavits and other IRS jargon. We trying to figure if its worth the trouble to do so. We currently dish out 400 bucks a month for her coverage

TSS Ricky and TSS Roberto but there were a couple more

You guys are blessed.2 GREAT TSS's.I posted with Roberto and saw him a lot when he became a TSS.

Heres the deal with schoolcar.

Schoolcar teaches you the basics,the REAL learning comes once you go out on your own upon Graduation,but first things first.Pay attention and do NOT be afraid to make mistakes.

WHen I was in schoolcar,I failed the second practical (setting up a train for road service.ie a puit in)THis was on April 16 2010.I didnt understand how to dezone a train when doing the doors.Everything else,I did excellent except for this part.LO and behold though,failing the practical was the best thing to happen to me because I learned how to dezone so well,not only did I pass the retest,I became a better train operator in all facets of the job.

Failing a test can be the best for SOME of us,it makes us focus and learn the concept in a way that can never be taught.

The people in my class who did the BEST all hit homeballs overran stations etc.Those in my class who were slow to learn.(me and 2 other guys) have 0 homeball overruns between us.

I wish everyone here the best and I hope to see you out here.Make the "off the streeters" proud.