The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

so getting tickets to a concert 3 months into school car would be out of the question. It's on a weekday @7pm  

Wait until you receive your schedule (end of the first week) and plan accordingly. If you see anything that says "Yard Posting PM Tour" or "Road Posting PM Tour" you can pretty much forget about it.

If you're posting midnights or AM's...that's a maybe.

If you're doing something else, the time class is scheduled will be listed about 99% of the time (there are 1-2 exception days).

Edited by SubwayGuy

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What time does school car usally end during the first few weeks i know we have to be there @ 7:30 but what time do they let you out? I will be commuting from suffolk county just want an idea of when i'll be home for dinner.

You can pretty much count on 8 hour days until you start posting, but I wouldn't count on the 0730 start, they're doing night schoolcar as well.

Go to NYCT Departments at the top and within the drop down select Department of Subways. From there click on Rapid Transit Operations at the very bottom. On the next page along the left hand side will be a blue menu column. Select either Work Programs or Schedule Cards and it's all self explanatory from that point forward.

Go to NYCT Departments at the top and within the drop down select Department of Subways. From there click on Rapid Transit Operations at the very bottom. On the next page along the left hand side will be a blue menu column. Select either Work Programs or Schedule Cards and it's all self explanatory from that point forward.

Yup, and if you go to tens on your phone, you can download the entire work program. Its very convenient for looking jobs up on the go without having to sign into tens

More specifically you go to Work Programs. Timetables will only show you the schedule for each individual run without giving you any specific info about a job for the crew such as a job number or breaks and lunch.

The Work Program gives you that information.

Correct work programs is what I meant, but read the timetables also so you have a feel for whats going on. So you know when the 1st (A) goes local at night or express in the morn ect ect. Work programs & schedule cards don't give that information out. And at every terminal there's 2 huge books with all of this but alot of them have pages missing or out of place, other people looking at them or what not. Do what I did, saved it on my computer then put it on my iPhone and pad. Always on me in case of an emergency.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Train Operator, what is the policy for having a second job, or moonlighting, on your days off.  I'm on the list, and my # is close to being called.  I know you must be well rested before reporting to work, and there is no way I would jeopardize a job with the MTA.

As a Train Operator, what is the policy for having a second job, or moonlighting, on your days off.  I'm on the list, and my # is close to being called.  I know you must be well rested before reporting to work, and there is no way I would jeopardize a job with the MTA.

You gotta fill out paperwork and ask for their permission..

Don't mean you will get it.

My Suggestion is..

Entertain this Idea once you are done with Schoolcar and out on your own...

In all honesty when you become a road T/O out of school car....you'll laugh at the idea of working a second job especially once the money starts rolling in. Road money not school car 8 hour money.
I agree. Instead of getting another job I just work one of my days off. Besides it's pretty hard to keep another job. Lately I been getting home going to sleep wake up eat and go back to work. I love it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by dagenius69