The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh enjoy it i dont think that disaster is going to happen again..

For real!! Everyday they looking for people to work OT or to come in on their rdo. Their supposedly soo short on workers....

does anyone know if we're off on weekends during road posting? we were for yard posting, so i'm thinking it might be the same

Fair warning, when u get to your road operations, you will be going in Sunday evening!

As a Train Operator, what is the policy for having a second job, or moonlighting, on your days off. I'm on the list, and my # is close to being called. I know you must be well rested before reporting to work, and there is no way I would jeopardize a job with the MTA.

Dude, there's no way youre gonna have the energy to work another job. I thought about keeping my old job as a part time gig(had some killer flight benefits), but its almost impossible...mainly because of scheduling..we as extras almost never start the same time or at the same location 2 days in a row and we definitely dont finish the same time everyday!

I think it would be close to impossible to work 2 jobs when you are going to be extra extra for the first few years. You wont have a consitent work schedule or shift.

Yup....and even when you're able to pick a job its almost impossible....with a new pick every six months, you always run the risk of getting picked out of your job...especially with us being close to the bottom on the seniority list!!!

Did a new class start on Monday 8/26?  I heard on another site that there will be two classes in September, one starting in the middle of the month, and another at the end of the month.  Does anybody know how far down the list they are?  #1322 I think was the last for July.  Updates on list #'s PLEASE. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyoneeee, just had a question. Did they change the months for schoolcar?? Last I knew A Div was 3 Mos and B Div 6 Mos, but I swear I saw somewhere that its 6 maybe for A Div now and 9 Mos for B Div?? Does that sound right?? I cant remember where I saw that maybe im loosing it alredy =P