The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man, I understand. Hopefully they won't care. They changed this test so many times, its been delayed so many times, and then boom, it comes out. I panicked. I'm going to do apply anyway. I meet the other requirements.  I had already one job for more than 10 years. No drug issues, never a moving violation. I noticed you need a drivers license now. Thank god no issues with tickets or points ever or even an accident. 

ALSO it says 

"You will be required to indicate if you met the education, experience and license requirements on the date

that you are scheduled to take the multiple-choice test."    I might have a shot man. I'm going to give it a shot. Also going to apply for bus operator too. I originally wanted to do bus operator. One step at a time for me.

It's no bigge they'll still let you take the exam but you won't receive a score. On that section they will ask you to list the date you received your GED (which has to be before the application date ended) and from where which you said in your original post was after the filing period ended. They'll just send a letter stating that you didn't meet the educational and experience qualifications section of the test for Train Operator and will not receive a score.

You'll have a much better shot for bus operator since you have everything you need now. Then you can always apply for promotion to T/O once you're in.

Preparing for school car and all of the traveling one topic I haven't seen covered is parking..  I know everyone doesn't travel to the stations by train.  Are the cars that are parked upon the curb the cars of T/O's & TSS..  What's the best way to travel?

My advice is to avoid driving unless you are coming from out of state and the necessity is there. I lived in NYC when I was in school car and took the train/bus for the fact some days you start in on location and may end in other. I didn't start driving to work until after I was finished with school car and became familiar with where to park around the terminals. There will be some terminals where there's no where to park at all or may have to park blocks away.

Edited by elantra06

Preparing for school car and all of the traveling one topic I haven't seen covered is parking.. I know everyone doesn't travel to the stations by train. Are the cars that are parked upon the curb the cars of T/O's & TSS.. What's the best way to travel?

I can only personally speak for the A division yards. I drive in almost every day unless its a day where we'll visit multiple locations. New Lots, Corona, and 240 yard, you can park on the premises. For the other yards where you need a permit, ive had no problem finding street parking close to the yards. Sometimes right in front. Of course there is no guarantee that this will be the case for you, as i mentioned im in the A and ive also been on an evenings schedule (3-11) so this may factor in as well. As they say, you have a free pass for a reason. Youre taking a risk driving (traffic, accident, etc) that you dont have if your on public transit.

I can only personally speak for the A division yards. I drive in almost every day unless its a day where we'll visit multiple locations. New Lots, Corona, and 240 yard, you can park on the premises. For the other yards where you need a permit, ive had no problem finding street parking close to the yards. Sometimes right in front. Of course there is no guarantee that this will be the case for you, as i mentioned im in the A and ive also been on an evenings schedule (3-11) so this may factor in as well. As they say, you have a free pass for a reason. Youre taking a risk driving (traffic, accident, etc) that you dont have if your on public transit.

Thanks for the quick response. 

I've also heard that the A division has more of an updated RR system.. "Automatic way's to trip up and get called downtown"  A division would be ideal because of where I live.. As opposed to the B division where you can cover up a missed signal.  The T/O's on the A division have been VERY vocal in person about missing signals which lead to the obvious retention rate of the 2016 maturation process from school car to the end of 1st-year probation.  Does this hold any merit?

Thanks for the quick response. 

I've also heard that the A division has more of an updated RR system.. "Automatic way's to trip up and get called downtown"  A division would be ideal because of where I live.. As opposed to the B division where you can cover up a missed signal.  The T/O's on the A division have been VERY vocal in person about missing signals which lead to the obvious retention rate of the 2016 maturation process from school car to the end of 1st-year probation.  Does this hold any merit?

Don't let people saying that jam you up. There are plenty of places in the B Division that it can be seen if you've hit a signal...also you never know who is riding your train and may report or question it...and many signals have event recorders that will say if they've been passed while at danger.

Don't ever assume no one knows. Learn to respect the yellows and not hit signals.

Don't let people saying that jam you up. There are plenty of places in the B Division that it can be seen if you've hit a signal...also you never know who is riding your train and may report or question it...and many signals have event recorders that will say if they've been passed while at danger.

Don't ever assume no one knows. Learn to respect the yellows and not hit signals.

Awesome insight.  Thank you. :rolleyes:

It's no bigge they'll still let you take the exam but you won't receive a score. On that section they will ask you to list the date you received your GED (which has to be before the application date ended) and from where which you said in your original post was after the filing period ended. They'll just send a letter stating that you didn't meet the educational and experience qualifications section of the test for Train Operator and will not receive a score.

You'll have a much better shot for bus operator since you have everything you need now. Then you can always apply for promotion to T/O once you're in.

My advice is to avoid driving unless you are coming from out of state and the necessity is there. I lived in NYC when I was in school car and took the train/bus for the fact some days you start in on location and may end in other. I didn't start driving to work until after I was finished with school car and became familiar with where to park around the terminals. There will be some terminals where there's no where to park at all or may have to park blocks away.

So I emailed the exams email. They said they are specific on the filing. But said they don't want to discourage me from taking the test. It wasn't a clear answer.

So I called them on the phone,and spoke to a nice lady. I told her mam, at the time I went for the ged exam they said I had to register first. And then schedule an appointment to take the ged which was in December the same time train operator filing was open. And I told her my ged is issued after the fileing but before the exam. She said I had a unique experience. She said technically you're not qualified BUT you should still take the exam and to make sure you mention your situation. She said they might care more about other subjects like your past employment I explained I have been at the same place 10 plus years, no criminal history, a very good driving record, no violations. She said she encourages me to take the test. And be very explicit about your situation. There might be nothing.

I realized today that the mta hires former felons for small things. I honestly hope they make consideration for somone in my situation. I had a very rough 2 years. I need a change.

Thank you all btw for sharing your experiences.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

When you guys yard post do you do it for the entire day or does it end up like 3 hours yard post and 5 hours hammering the subways. I tried to visualize everything. Sounds like hard job alot of times. Moving trains early in the morning and then boom you're operating the q train all the way from Brighton beach to the city.

What's the "YX exam"? Haven't heard of that one. Is that something new they're doing with you guys for practice now?

I don't know when they started but it covers all types of revenue trains (A and B division), work trains and what problems you can encounter with them. Not a fair test if you were never trained on both divisions and work trains. It's not held against you though.

When did they start doing that?

See above.

that person who failed, that's it for that person? no coming back?

As far as I know, he's done. He mixed a low home and a marker signal. They ain't trying to hear excuses.

Next week is the final test and road ops practical. Feeling pretty good but the ecams are THE WORST! LOL! Took 3 trips for me to get the hang of it. I'm pretty sure our test is gonna be on that equipment. SMH....

that is said, we lost 5 people in 1 shot because "young" was pissed off at our TSS, so he took it out on the class, usually they will let you redeem yourself on a fill in but on a multiple choice its cut and dry

Young don't play. Know what you're saying and be confident in saying it!! But if he smells fear...LOL!

Be mindful that the last signals test is ALL WRITE IN! No multiple choice!! It was about 15 questions and NO ROOM FOR ERROR! Know your full flagging and RSEC!! We had an hour to do it.

Preparing for school car and all of the traveling one topic I haven't seen covered is parking..  I know everyone doesn't travel to the stations by train.  Are the cars that are parked upon the curb the cars of T/O's & TSS..  What's the best way to travel?

Driving is risky but I understand necessary for some. Just know they're not interested in any excuse not related to traffic ON TRANSITS SYSTEM. If you're late cause of a flat tire, baby mama slashed your tires, Jesus took the wheel, etc, expect a G2 waiting for you when you arrive. Give yourself at least 30 minutes before your report time to find a spot no matter where you report to.

Thanks for the quick response. I've also heard that the A division has more of an updated RR system.. "Automatic way's to trip up and get called downtown"  A division would be ideal because of where I live.. As opposed to the B division where you can cover up a missed signal.  The T/O's on the A division have been VERY vocal in person about missing signals which lead to the obvious retention rate of the 2016 maturation process from school car to the end of 1st-year probation.  Does this hold any merit?

I'm in the A and I love it. Its definitely more precise operation cause the stations are not as long as in the B and an overrun can happen very easily if you're not paying attention to the type of station you're pulling into (grade, curve, not braking early enough for a fast station, etc) and over here, RCC knows EVERYTHING!! Minor things can be "excused" as long as your honest. Lie and your fate can be sealed when the truth comes to light. However, things do happen. The best time to have an incident (cause when you're new, it's highly possible) is while in school car. After probation, 2 Broadway is a VERY unforgiving place to go as per the "vets" I've spoken with.

When you guys yard post do you do it for the entire day or does it end up like 3 hours yard post and 5 hours hammering the subways. I tried to visualize everything. Sounds like hard job alot of times. Moving trains early in the morning and then boom you're operating the q train all the way from Brighton beach to the city.

YX is yard posting and yes it's for the whole day and lasts for about 2 months. Some dispatchers in some yards won't give moves to rookies, so you may sit and do nothing or if you're lucky, they'll pair you with a senior person. I've never heard of anyone working a yard and then doing the road, unless they asked, but even that would only happen to someone road and yard qualified (put ins and lay-ups are the only exception to working in the yard and then the road or vice-versa). No one is road qualified until they complete AND PASS the road ops practical.

So I hope that school is redundant when it comes to practice. How do people practice a move and then 3 weeks later expect people to remember what they learned. On top of that learn signals by eye sight and definition by verbatim? Its amazing. Not trying to sound like a know it all. I don't know anything. But I can tell alot of people make mistakes in this field when they're not paying attention. If you got ADD you're definitely challenged in this field.

All posting as a student for Train Operators, you will be assigned to a trainer, and work your trainer's job under their careful observation for the entirety of the run. So minimum 8 paid hours. During that time, you will also be able to ask questions, and the trainer will go over certain things with you. Specifically regarding yard posting, your trainer should take you out to walk around the entire yard to familiarize you with the layout and any important physical characteristics, as well as the locations of towers, crew rooms, the barn, the car desk, key switches, and where the various yard leads will take you. They can also answer any questions you may have about the equipment in that yard.

I don't know when they started but it covers all types of revenue trains (A and B division), work trains and what problems you can encounter with them. Not a fair test if you were never trained on both divisions and work trains. It's not held against you though.

Odd...this is different than the questions in the simulator, I assume. Why make newer people take tests with work trains questions on it when they were never familiarized with it? Doesn't seem to serve much purpose...

See above.

As far as I know, he's done. He mixed a low home and a marker signal. They ain't trying to hear excuses.

Next week is the final test and road ops practical. Feeling pretty good but the ecams are THE WORST! LOL! Took 3 trips for me to get the hang of it. I'm pretty sure our test is gonna be on that equipment. SMH....

If you are talking about the 62s, that's hands down the best equipment in the system when you get a hang of it. Take a light brake, wait for it, and hold it. Those are the best braking trains in the system, so if you need more you can grab more and you'll get it. Feather down to release to smooth out the stop at the end. Never go all the way to running release and you'll be fine. Don't dip below 20 pounds at high speeds (>10 MPH) and you'll avoid lurching the train.

Only train in the system you can fly into a station at 40 MPH and make a smooth stop without grabbing more than 40 pounds of air at any point.

So I hope that school is redundant when it comes to practice. How do people practice a move and then 3 weeks later expect people to remember what they learned. On top of that learn signals by eye sight and definition by verbatim? Its amazing. Not trying to sound like a know it all. I don't know anything. But I can tell alot of people make mistakes in this field when they're not paying attention. If you got ADD you're definitely challenged in this field.

Signals are less complicated than you'd think, we see them all the time and eventually it becomes second nature. The important thing is knowing what to do when you see a signal. Plenty of people can tell you what a yellow signal means, but will you slow your train to such a speed that you won't hit the red signal you didn't see hidden behind that box or cable? Or will you be the guy sitting on your hands on the famous bench at 2 Broadway talking about ("I slowed down, but I didn't see the signal")?

Route familiarization is just like driving. It takes time, but eventually you learn where all the "turns" are, which "lights to avoid", etc. In the beginning it will seem overwhelming, just carry route guides, respect your yellows, and before long you'll know where all the signals are.

All posting as a student for Train Operators, you will be assigned to a trainer, and work your trainer's job under their careful observation for the entirety of the run. So minimum 8 paid hours. During that time, you will also be able to ask questions, and the trainer will go over certain things with you. Specifically regarding yard posting, your trainer should take you out to walk around the entire yard to familiarize you with the layout and any important physical characteristics, as well as the locations of towers, crew rooms, the barn, the car desk, key switches, and where the various yard leads will take you. They can also answer any questions you may have about the equipment in that yard.

Odd...this is different than the questions in the simulator, I assume. Why make newer people take tests with work trains questions on it when they were never familiarized with it? Doesn't seem to serve much purpose...

If you are talking about the 62s, that's hands down the best equipment in the system when you get a hang of it. Take a light brake, wait for it, and hold it. Those are the best braking trains in the system, so if you need more you can grab more and you'll get it. Feather down to release to smooth out the stop at the end. Never go all the way to running release and you'll be fine. Don't dip below 20 pounds at high speeds (>10 MPH) and you'll avoid lurching the train.

Only train in the system you can fly into a station at 40 MPH and make a smooth stop without grabbing more than 40 pounds of air at any point.

Signals are less complicated than you'd think, we see them all the time and eventually it becomes second nature. The important thing is knowing what to do when you see a signal. Plenty of people can tell you what a yellow signal means, but will you slow your train to such a speed that you won't hit the red signal you didn't see hidden behind that box or cable? Or will you be the guy sitting on your hands on the famous bench at 2 Broadway talking about ("I slowed down, but I didn't see the signal")?

Route familiarization is just like driving. It takes time, but eventually you learn where all the "turns" are, which "lights to avoid", etc. In the beginning it will seem overwhelming, just carry route guides, respect your yellows, and before long you'll know where all the signals are.

The next time I'm on the 3, I'll try that.

But as for now, I'M A SCHOOL CAR GRADUATE!!! Passed the final exam and practical this week! Start pounding the road Monday!!! We lost 2 on the practical from another class. So out of 3 train operator classes, which totaled 30 people, the final number to graduate is 15 so far. (One is on a honeymoon, another was on a medical restriction, which will make 17 if they pass.)

It's a HARD process, but very well worth the effort on this side of the training. But it doesn't stop here. Good luck to all starting, going and/or finishing school car.

The next time I'm on the 3, I'll try that.

But as for now, I'M A SCHOOL CAR GRADUATE!!! Passed the final exam and practical this week! Start pounding the road Monday!!! We lost 2 on the practical from another class. So out of 3 train operator classes, which totaled 30 people, the final number to graduate is 15 so far. (One is on a honeymoon, another was on a medical restriction, which will make 17 if they pass.)

It's a HARD process, but very well worth the effort on this side of the training. But it doesn't stop here. Good luck to all starting, going and/or finishing school car.

Congratulations man. Well deserved for your hard work. Thats really sad for the other people. BUT this thread tells it like it is. You put your heart and soul into this and slave yourself through probation and you can move up the ladder. Or just stay where you are and make a career driving the choo choo.

May I ask you what kind of class they had? Age wise? Young, old? Little bit of both?

And what's different from school car today compared to when this thread was made. Some changes I see. Actually alot. But then again I really don't know.

• 4 months later...

May I ask you what kind of class they had? Age wise? Young, old? Little bit of both?

And what's different from school car today compared to when this thread was made. Some changes I see. Actually alot. But then again I really don't know.

School car now you ask?!?!

Well I'm currently in School car:

Young - His love for men caught up with him in the failure of schoolcar students you hear today because most of them messed up on the road so most are not passing schoolcar he passed mostly men prior now is failing most.  TSS's are the luck of the draw.  Class of 40 are down to 21.. My class specifically was 10 down to 5 in the first practical..  We all failed the first practical.  5 passed the makeup. Half men half women young and old..  "Open and comp" is not popular as well as YX.. That's plain and simple.

There are 10 T/O's being fired a week.  Provisional mostly.

Edited by MTATrainFuture

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2012 at 5:44 PM, mediccjh said:

Today was the first day of Schoolcar. There are 40 T/Os and 20 C/Rs in the orientation class for the next couple of days, until we get split up at P.S. 248. All the C/Rs are going to the B Division; the T/Os got split down the middle. I chose B Division, since it's close to my in-laws.

We had 2 TSSs run the class; they are awesome. Very down to earth, and not afraid to tell the truth. They warned the class that Transit will take over your life; no weekends, holidays, family functions, etc. I've been dealing with that for 16 years, so it's not news to me.

They also warned about how intense Schoolcar is, and that the job is not meant for everyone. That being said, they told us to take advantage of tutoring if needed, and to always ask questions.

Feels like I'm in Paramedic Class again, to be honest. Then again, my hunger to be a Train Operator exceeds what my hunger was to be a Paramedic, so the motivation is there. I am going in with the 'I know nothing, please teach me everything, for my brain is a sponge' mentality.

Most of us got our Photo IDs and Employee Metrocards. We also filled out the emergency contact info, and got to watch a video about Substance Abuse.

Lots of questions asked by others in the class; some of them multiple times. The TSSs have more patience than I do.

364 days until the end of Probation.

On 12/11/2012 at 5:05 PM, mediccjh said:

Took an R68 on a joyride from Coney to Concourse. I operated from 125 St to 167. It was great. My Instructors were pleased with my operation.

I also got to live a childhood dream. I operated over the West End from 18 Av to Stillwell Terminal.

I feel like a little kid.

On 2/8/2013 at 1:15 AM, mediccjh said:

Not me; I've been Yard Posting. Spent the last 2 days at 179 and 71, and was busy. I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow, I get to play at Coney during the blizzard from 1630 to 0030. I'll be the one building the snowman and driving my Jeep up the snowpiles (as long as they're not over the tracks).

On 3/7/2013 at 3:28 AM, mediccjh said:

Tonight we took an R68 from Stillwell to Astoria via the Brighton, to Whitehall to Astoria to Coney via the Sea Beach.

19/19 on my station stops. I made that train my bitch. Twice.

Tomorrow night, We go down the (RR) from Continental in a R46. It's our last night of Night Road Operations, and I want to end on a high note. The 46 made me its bitch last week; I don't plan on letting it happen again. 

I had Welsh-El for a class, and for my Final Yard Practical. Very smart, very thorough, very patient.

On 3/31/2013 at 7:43 AM, mediccjh said:

I can say I survived my first round of Road Posting.

Thank you to the Motormen who took me under their wings and helped me improve my operation.

Thank you to the Conductors who were patient with me operating.

Back in the classroom this week.

On 4/8/2013 at 9:50 PM, mediccjh said:

No need to apologize for the long rant. It offers perspective.

I don't get offended when I'm not taken. There were days on the truck when I didn't want to take an EMT or medic student, so I can relate.

I can also understand some T/O and M/M's hesitation in taking students because if I screw up as a student, they're the ones that get in trouble. Personally, I think that's flawed; if I mess up, it should be me who is held accountable, not my student. 

I can say that so far, all of my trainers have been great. Patient with me, letting me do my thing, and offering tips, tricks, and advice how to better my operation, which is always going to have room for improvement. If they ask to take over, I don't get offended. I understand that they have to be on schedule, and if I'm slowing them down significantly, I can't blame them for taking over. 

After every trip, I always ask my Trainer how I did, pointers, ways to improve, etc. I also try to ask the Conductor how the ride was, because a. they're in charge of the train, and have the power to pull the cord, and b. I don't want to throw them (or the passengers) around. And I always say thank you. 

On 5/6/2013 at 5:10 PM, mediccjh said:

Road final today via the Culver from CIYD to Court Square, in a R46. 

I PASSED MY ROAD PRACTICAL!!!

Holy shit, I'm officially a Train Operator. 

On 5/7/2013 at 9:31 PM, mediccjh said:

Same here. Good luck, and don't pick up the bad Yard habits.

Thanks. Everyone in 29 passed. 

Congrats.

7 hours ago, mediccjh said:

5 years ago, I started this thread, as it was my first day at Transit.

5 years later, not only am I a TSS, I am a Schoolcar Instructor.

Happy Anniversary to the Conductors of 11/12/12, TA-18, TA-19, TB-28, and of course, TB-29.

Good Job. 

Just wanted to put up a small snapshot of the 5 year trip.

7 hours ago, mediccjh said:

5 years ago, I started this thread, as it was my first day at Transit.

5 years later, not only am I a TSS, I am a Schoolcar Instructor.

Happy Anniversary to the Conductors of 11/12/12, TA-18, TA-19, TB-28, and of course, TB-29.

Good Job. 

You the man my ninja. This tread alone has help plenty including myself. And I thank you a million for that. 

• 1 month later...

5 years and a schoolcar instructor😂. We are still learning our job at 5 years. I said from day one that it’s a mistake taking new TSS’s from our time frame into schoolcar. Got too many cowboys on the road as new TSS’s and now they are teaching. Shame! Either way, congrats. But we still rookies and I’ll never understand how transit decides shit like this. I know who you are, word goes around like forget it. Maybe you’ll say hello one day at Main. Good luck, I’m a road dog for life! Peace....

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 12:56 AM, Gherigfan1 said:

5 years and a schoolcar instructor😂. We are still learning our job at 5 years. I said from day one that it’s a mistake taking new TSS’s from our time frame into schoolcar. Got too many cowboys on the road as new TSS’s and now they are teaching. Shame! Either way, congrats. But we still rookies and I’ll never understand how transit decides shit like this. I know who you are, word goes around like forget it. Maybe you’ll say hello one day at Main. Good luck, I’m a road dog for life! Peace....

Umm, thanks?

I don't make it up to Main St. that often, unless I'm doing a CBTC Class. I usually do the standard "good morning everyone" when I enter a crew room, unless I gotta take an emergency comfort. 

I consider myself a rookie until I put in my papers. I worked too damn hard and sacrificed too much to lose it over something dumb. 

You guys have any scary stories about your experiences ? A really tough time learning ? How did you cope with it ? Seen aliens under ground ? Stuff like that ? Maybe ghosts ?

You guys have to work with different personalities, can you help explain whats a good way to avoid someone you have to work with that is really an pain in the you know what ? Because I can tell there are some tough tough personalities that work for the mta.

When you have to report something to a supervisor or mention something important, how do you have time to run your job and explain over the radio or that someone is acting up ? or some other employee did something wrong ? Or do you have to file a report ?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2018 at 9:50 PM, Trainingmode34 said:

Starting school car on the 24th. Anybody have any tips? The book I have regarding rules in regulations seems overwhelming. We’re suppose to know these definitions by heart? 

No you are not supposed to..

They will focus on the rules you should know during your training...

Yet after you get your feet wet with things start to read up on them when you can...

I suggest you wait till after you get out of Schoolcar...

You should be in month number two now...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Medicc for starting this thread. I began reading from page 1 since I was hired at 180 livingston on Nov 13, 2018. I started schoolcar last month Nov 26 and it's been really intense. Can't believe that I operated the R42 from Parsons for 5 stops just 2 weeks into "real" school. I don't consider the first week as part of training. Anyway it's been really overwhelming during the first week with all the signals and verbatim definitions that we have to know. Second week has been somewhat better especially going into the simulator for a refresher for everything that I've learned in a week and a half. I scored 23/25 on the signal quiz and I'm kicking myself because I rushed and missed the x from the signal plate in one of the fixed signals. It was supposed to be a low home with yellow not an automatic with yellow 😣 The x was so tiny! But I'll be extra mindful of that going forward.

During the first week at PS248, I wanted Alesso and Carney as my instructors but didn't get them. I ended up with Greene and Jones-Nappo. They're a contrasting duo and I think it helps to have 2 different perspectives to learn from.  I'm hearing that Greene teaches a different braking technique from Jones-Nappo. During both of my trips on the J, I had Jones-Nappo so I still have no idea of Greene's technique. My classmates who had Greene guide them, say that it's to just grab 15-20 PSI and hold it past mid station, then grab more to gradually bring the train to a stop. The way Jones taught me was to grab 15-20 PSI, release to <10 PSI, then take the same amount of brake again until a stop. I've had no problems so far. At the end of the day, Greene did say that no one can teach you how to brake. Everyone will have their own techniques so there's that I guess.

So far I learned to cut/add and inspect move yard movement for the R32/42

Tomorrow will be intro to R68 at CIYD

First practical will be Jan 12. I read my signal booklet while commuting to/from work. At home I try to hand write the misc. signals that are wordy like the employee loading platform, fouling point, stop sign, etc.

Edited by nipaaaa

My class took the R68 from Stillwell to 205 st. I had stops from 145 st to 174-175 st. Going back, we were routed on the Q line so I made stops from 7 ave to Beverley Rd. The braking on this train has a slight more delay than the 32/42. I'm getting the hang of cutting and adding, just gotta remember to throw the reverser key in the correct direction... Everything else is going smoothly.

Tomorrow will be intro to R160 at CIYD

Edited by nipaaaa