Just another day on the Bx41...

mtattrain

A passenger is in the hospital after being stabbed on an MTA bus in The Bronx.

It happened at around 4 p.m. Sunday at 169th Street and Webster Avenue. According to MTA officials, the victim is a teenager.

There is no word yet on the victim's condition or on any suspects.

---news12

Nice job, psychos...

Yup, and the second stabbing within a block radius in about two months or so...coincidentally on the bus...

lol... I've never rode a local bus in the Bronx and incidents like this just remind me of why I haven't. Sure things can happen anywhere, but these incidents seem to happen quite a bit on Bronx locals and it's quite disturbing how violent the acts are. It's just crazy that you guys have to work in such savage conditions.

This country is full of rednecks and psychopaths.

Uh... huh?? :huh:

lol... I've never rode a local bus in the Bronx and incidents like this just remind me of why I haven't. Sure things can happen anywhere, but these incidents seem to happen quite a bit on Bronx locals and it's quite disturbing how violent the acts are. It's just crazy that you guys have to work in such savage conditions.

There you go again :lol:

no don't walk there without a gun!

LOL it ain't that bad, I just avoid that section. Even back in the day when it was dark at 5pm coming back from school. I took the Bx41 LTD to 167 St and transfer to the Bx35 up to Morris. Those areas are shady..

Uh... huh?? :huh:

Why, because minorities live there? :rolleyes:

We're all aware it is actually possible to walk around the worst parts of the Bronx without getting shot, right? I mean sheesh...black, white, brown, whatever, like anywhere in the city, you just keep to yourself and keep it moving. Just as true on Webster as West End, York Av as New Lots Av, etc.

We're all aware it is actually possible to walk around the worst parts of the Bronx without getting shot, right? I mean sheesh...black, white, brown, whatever, like anywhere in the city, you just keep to yourself and keep it moving. Just as true on Webster as West End, York Av as New Lots Av, etc.

Amen. Somehow these threads always end up with 2 camps--the vaguely racist ones that say "I'm going to avoid area X for my entire life" and the macho ones that say "I'm going to walk around area X like a big shot and show everyone how tough I am."

Normal people keep to themselves, don't flash money and jewelry in the high crime areas, and keep their eyes and ears open when they have to pass through those parts of the city.

Archived