Baltimore Bus driver gets into altercation with student

checkmatechamp13

What the hell was that! I don't know the events that led up to this. I'm also not going into who was at fault, but it seems that the female passenger was calm, while the operator was the aggressor. Glad the voice of reason spoke at around 0:55.

I don't know what world you guys live in, but in no circumstance should a heavyset bus operator go attack a young petite passenger, especially when this could have been handled in a much more mature manner.

That B/O didn't handle the situation right, but I don't need to hear these people's music and neither does anyone else. FFS I've been able to hear music from people sitting up front in an ARTIC all the way in the back, loud and clear too. I don't care if you like your music loud, transit just isn't the place for that, you got plenty of other people on that bus/train who can't stand listening to your damn music and it wouldn't hurt you to turn it down. Good for the B/O for asking the kid to lower her music, yes it's kinda asking for a fight but when you have music that loud it's gotta be distracting to the B/O (as well as passengers). I can understand why most B/Os don't start though, especially here in NY.

I don't know what world you guys live in, but in no circumstance should a heavyset bus operator go attack a young petite passenger, especially when this could have been handled in a much more mature manner.

I agree that this could of been handled better or just avoided entirely. But with some kids these days, the last part of your statement could never possibly happen.

Doesn't matter what happened before and how the female passenger might've reacted in the first place, if she's playing music then the bus driver should calmly ask her to turn it down or else remove here from the bus. And if the bus driver can't handle it then call the cops. But attacking someone like that in a calm situation is NEVER a solution.

I agree that this could of been handled better or just avoided entirely. But with some kids these days, the last part of your statement could never possibly happen.

The mature thing would be to call the police and let them deal with it, so yes it is possible to deal with it maturely.

Yeah, the B/O was completely in the wrong with this. Personally, music isn't something even worth stopping the bus over (unless she was blasting a boom box or something, which I doubt), let alone start a physical fight.

I feel kind of bad for the B/O, though because you can almost guarantee she will lose her job because it's all in the girl's favor.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

The mature thing would be to call the police and let them deal with it, so yes it is possible to deal with it maturely.

Yeah, the B/O was completely in the wrong with this. Personally, music isn't something even worth stopping the bus over (unless she was blasting a boom box or something, which I doubt), let alone start a physical fight.

I feel kind of bad for the B/O, though because you can almost guarantee she will lose her job because it's all in the girl's favor.

Though the B/O is in the wrong and should be disciplined, I wouldn't agree with termination. I don't believe in it, unless the circumstance truly calls for it.

I don't doubt that. But like I said, with the majority of kids these days and with the time for the cops to arrive, a lot can happen. We're in a society where a pizza can make it a scene before the cops can.

I don't doubt that. But like I said, with the majority of kids these days and with the time for the cops to arrive, a lot can happen. We're in a society where a pizza can make it a scene before the cops can.

Well, in this particular case, I highly doubt the girl would've done anything the B/O couldn't handle.

In any other situation, well, you just have to assess it on a case-by-case basis. I mean, if you feel that there's danger present (if they have a weapon or something) and you feel you can justify whatever actions you're thinking of taking, then go ahead.

That B/O looked like she did two tours in Iraq! Unfortunately, she didn't learn from the Cleveland incident. Call a supervisor or dial 911. Baltimore PD officers are usually not too far away since it happened in the city. I'm positive that she will lose her job and that's sad.

I wish they'd show the ENTIRE incident rather than when the fight broke out. I'd like to see what made the B/O so angry.

Archived