Where were you on 9/11/01?

Shortline Bus

I don't recall ANYTHING from that date, but at the time, I was living an apartment building on 103rd Street across from the hospital parking garage in Forest Hills. I was only 3 years old.

67th Ave you would be a boy genuis if you remember anything at age 3 :o . Most of us 1st memories is around 4-6 years of age.

It was my first week of commuting into Manhattan as a High School student at LaGuardia HS on 65th and Amsterdam. I came out of my 2nd period Bio Lab class, walked a few steps down the hall when my good friend Danny spun me around and brought me to a wall that had numerous sheets of paper taped to it saying something like "TWO PLANES HAVE HIT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS". I stayed in school the entire day and left after my last class at 3:35pm. It took me about two hours to get back home to 63rd Drive station where I finally saw my parents watching the TV. It was the first time all day that I saw video of the towers in flames and going down.

I'll never forget that day or time of my life. Crazy stuff to say the least. I remember in the weeks after, I took a lot of elevated lines around the city to check out different vantage points of the smoke and debris following the tragedy. Taking the Staten Island Ferry from SI into Manhattan was the craziest view, as you could still see the only remaining piece of the buildings still standing.

I was at 16 Harrison Ave in Yonkers when the planes hit

I was in Room 101 in the first grade at St Theresa Of Avila School 109-55 128th street, South Ozone Park when Jfk was killed.

i was at my aunt`s house at 108 copaigue street in Valley Stream when Martin Luther king was murdered.

i was at home, 127-06 103rd Road in Richmond Hill when RFK was murdered

I was approaching the Valley Stream toll both on the Southern State when Neil Armstrong stepped off the lunar module

I was at the light on coney Island Ave and Ave C in Brooklyn when the news that Reagan was shot.

I was at the mcdonalds at sutphin and linden blvds when the challenger blew up.

I was at my house in north bellmore when the columbia disintegrated

those are some of the important dates i lived through

joe

Hopefully everything you've lived through weren't as ad as those...

I was at 16 Harrison Ave in Yonkers when the planes hit

I was in Room 101 in the first grade at St Theresa Of Avila School 109-55 128th street, South Ozone Park when Jfk was killed.

i was at my aunt`s house at 108 copaigue street in Valley Stream when Martin Luther king was murdered.

i was at home, 127-06 103rd Road in Richmond Hill when RFK was murdered

I was approaching the Valley Stream toll both on the Southern State when Neil Armstrong stepped off the lunar module

I was at the light on coney Island Ave and Ave C in Brooklyn when the news that Reagan was shot.

I was at the mcdonalds at sutphin and linden blvds when the challenger blew up.

I was at my house in north bellmore when the columbia disintegrated

those are some of the important dates i lived through

joe

I was in grade 3 in Spring 1981 when both Reagan and the Pope was shot.

Was at 34th St/Hearld Sq. Manhattan in Jan. 1986, with Mom shopping for my Brother Birthday gift. Playing hooky from school but sadly on the worst day (other than in 2003)in NASA history.

Just got home from a pre-college class at Kingsborough when 1st Gulf War Broke out. (Jan. 1991)

Was in summer school at SUNY Oneonta in summer 1994 when OJ was arrestred and began his infamous murder trial.

Spent Y2k (early hours of Jan. 1, 2000)in Orlando, Fla. at Disney World.

Working at a newspaper in Litchfield County, CT. in Fall of 2000 of infamous Bush/Gore election.

My memorable events in my life so far besides 9/11/01.

67th Ave you would be a boy genuis if you remember anything at age 3 :o . Most of us 1st memories is around 4-6 years of age.

What are you kidding? I have memories back to 14-16 months, and I could probably recite 90% of my life day by day since age 2.

Part of which helped me become a bus fan. I remember riding 1980 GMC RTS's in 1997-8.

What are you kidding? I have memories back to 14-16 months, and I could probably recite 90% of my life day by day since age 2.

Part of which helped me become a bus fan. I remember riding 1980 GMC RTS's in 1997-8.

I am pretty sure mommy and daddy told you events between 14-16 months :lol: . It varies among kids but unless times changes it a proven medical fact most kids 1st memories of events (without family)is around 2 1/2-3 years of age.

I am pretty sure mommy and daddy told you events between 14-16 months :lol: . It varies among kids but unless times changes it a proven medical fact most kids 1st memories of events (without family)is around 2 1/2-3 years of age.

Yes, because my mom know what an RTS is. :lol:

• 2 months later...

I was in my apartment in Washington Heights. Don't really remember anything else seeing how I had just turned two. Although my mom took pictures, and you can see just a bunch of smoke in the distance.

Archived