Hostess, maker of Twinkies, Wonder Bread, etc. set to go out of business

Shortline Bus

They are good Unions and bad Unions, Just like how they are bad Company's that don't give nothing to there employers and good Company's that give great pay with benefits.

Agree 100%. Problem is there no longer a 'happy medium' aka room forcompromise between unions and companies in this country anymore. Unions are still needed but in some places, they do take advantage and go too far. Ditto for companies and CEO's as well.

I believe most of these prospects have a similar product line as Hostess, leaving me to wonder if the accquisition of Hostess is for the purpose of generating purchases with regard to brand loyalty.

Well Grupo Bimbo has the licence for Wonder for Mexico, George Weston LTD's Western Bakeries has the Wonder licence for Canada and Saputo has the Hostess licence for its snack cakes for Canada as well.

Update: Mexican company Bimbo may be eyeing Twinkies

http://worldnews.nbc...g-twinkies?lite

Grupo Bimbo would be a good fit as they already have a large USA bakery network already in place so they wouldnt need all of the Hostess plants as long as they could get the union problem solved. They would keep the lost cost plants in the USA with the high cost ones moved to Mexico.

Key Food on Fulton had 1 box of Coffee Cakes left yesterday, Stop & Shop out here in bumf**k NJ has a few boxes of Coffee Cakes and that's pretty much it with the exception of some Wonder bread. Bought 3 boxes of Coffee Cakes (Key Food's last and 2 more in S&S) and I'm selling them on eBay. Gonna go hunting tomorrow for some Twinkies, hopefully I can buy some for myself and sell some.

I just love the scenes on the news with the obese parents coming out of the outlet stores with 3 bags full of that crap saying "we bought the essentials for the kids...just had to get some of these before they were gone."

I used to love the twinkies and all that, until I looked at the wrapper. They have so much fat it is unbelievable. A freshly made doughnut from a bakery tastes better and has significantly less fat (not that those are healthy, either).

An update and it's good news at least for the 18,000-plus workers of Hostess. Under pressure from the feds(specially the bankruptcy judge handling this case), the exces at the company best known as the home of Twinkies has agreed to mediate in their dispute. So there a good chance Hostess at least for short term maybe around. I still predict that Hostess will still sale the company in near future though.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1204664

Looks everyone including the media has jumped the gun. Talks between Hostess and it's union FAILED and thus it back to the company going out of business. I still think the Twinkies brand no matter what will be saved and brought by another company. Maybe also a few thousands of soon to be ex Hostess workers as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/hostess-bankruptcy-mediation_n_2168596.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D236870

Archived