Hostess, maker of Twinkies, Wonder Bread, etc. set to go out of business

Shortline Bus

I just love the scenes on the news with the obese parents coming out of the outlet stores with 3 bags full of that crap saying "we bought the essentials for the kids...just had to get some of these before they were gone."

I used to love the twinkies and all that, until I looked at the wrapper. They have so much fat it is unbelievable. A freshly made doughnut from a bakery tastes better and has significantly less fat (not that those are healthy, either).

LMAO!! I can't tell you how hard I laughed in my office when I read this!! I agree with your statement 100%. I haven't eaten a twinkie in many years and quite frankly iconic or not, maybe it will be one less thing for this country to become obese on. It's really a shame though that we're demonizing such snacks because in reality they can be had, but in moderation. You know people are going to be stuffing their faces on twinkies and zingers and all of that other crap because they do have an expiration date. They should think of the double and triple chins they're helping to enhance by eating those things. <_<

I'm siding with the unions here. Horrible management killed the company.

526116_558242774202374_306351653_n.png

Actually it was a combination of things... The unions don't want to concede anything and neither do the bosses so everyone loses. Aside from that the brand had been failing for years with declining sales, even if it was an iconic American brand.

The ironic part is I have never tried a twinkie in my life, now I wont be able to try it lol. anyone know what it taste like?

Just like any cake with cream in the middle. Personally I preferred the Vanilla Zingers because they have the nice thick yellow icing or whatever that thing is on the top. Gave it more flavor. Hate to say it but Twinkies are overrated. If anything they're iconic because they helped to create other goodies I suppose like Zingers.... :lol:

Just like any cake with cream in the middle. Personally I preferred the Vanilla Zingers because they have the nice thick yellow icing or whatever that thing is on the top. Gave it more flavor. Hate to say it but Twinkies are overrated. If anything they're iconic because they helped to create other goodies I suppose like Zingers.... :lol:

Agreed. Hey VG8 you ever tasted Tasty Kake? IMO that the s*it for sweeties/junk food crap that i enjoy more. As i said i am sure another company will buy the Twinkies brand worst case that hostess goes out of business.

FYI. I agree with MTA. While also no way for staying on a diet, in recent years i hardly buy the process crap of these cakes like Twinkies, etc. Instead i buy the supermarket brand bakery food which is fresh and only slightly more expensive. Hell even Dunkin Donuts is better for an *occasional* treat once in a while.

Still eating yogurt and fruits every day is best way to fufill your sweet tooth imo. :o

Agreed. Hey VG8 you ever tasted Tasty Kake? IMO that the s*it for sweeties/junk food crap that i enjoy more. As i said i am sure another company will buy the Twinkies brand worst case that hostess goes out of business.

FYI. I agree with MTA. While also no way for staying on a diet, in recent years i hardly buy the process crap of these cakes like Twinkies, etc. Instead i buy the supermarket brand bakery food which is fresh and only slightly more expensive. Hell even Dunkin Donuts is better for an *occasional* treat once in a while.

Still eating yogurt and fruits every day is best way to fufill your sweet tooth imo. :o

I'm not going to lie... I have something sweet every day (I LOVE cakes and especially cookies, but in moderation), but I avoid the processed stuff and balance it by eating fresh organic or natural fruit, lean meats or veggies and avoiding the processed juices and that other crap. I also find that when you buy organic or natural stuff the quality is not only better and you digest it quicker, but generally healthier because the ingredients are of better quality.

Right now I'm going to have lunch a bit later and I'll treat myself to something sweet, but a normal sized pecan tart, not like 5 of them. <_< Not going to lie though, I just saw a picture of a Zinger and it brought back memories as a kid eating those things. I don't know if I could eat one now though. They're loaded with sugar. Just a tad too sweet for me these days.

I'm siding with the unions here. Horrible management killed the company.

526116_558242774202374_306351653_n.png

and when will the media report that those pay increases were rolled back in april. the top 4 ecxecs salaries were cut to $1 a year and the rest were cut back to before the increase. Im not absolving them of any blame, they were part of it, but the unions refused to budge. everyone is at fault,

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/hostess_dough_cut_U3uJ0MELraEEdw8xSPoPKN

joe

and when will the media report that those pay increases were rolled back in april. the top 4 ecxecs salaries were cut to $1 a year and the rest were cut back to before the increase. Im not absolving them of any blame, they were part of it, but the unions refused to budge. everyone is at fault,

http://www.nypost.co...LraEEdw8xSPoPKN

joe

Thank You!

the top 4 ecxecs salaries were cut to $1 a year and the rest were cut back to before the increase.

http://www.nypost.co...LraEEdw8xSPoPKN

joe

Really one 1 dollar cut lol ? If they want a pay cut it should be a shared sacrifice from both CEO,Executives and Unions, not Workers taking a pay cut while the CEO and executives get high raises and high benefits for themselves.

Really one 1 dollar cut lol ? If they want a pay cut it should be a shared sacrifice from both CEO,Executives and Unions, not Workers taking a pay cut while the CEO and executives get high raises and high benefits for themselves.

not cut one dollar, total yearly salary was one dollar

joe

? boy it very confusing

How much do they CEO and Executives get paid anyway?

i dont know what their salaries were before they voted themselves the raises, nor do i know what their salaries were after the raises, i just wanted to mention that their pay rollbacks were not reported in the lamestream media. and give you guys the full story

joe

Archived