Peter Pan Bus Lines 2013 MCI J4500 762

Cait,you know how much I dislike the Js....but these :wub: !

I moved one around the yard in Secaucus....I can't wait for the full order to come in! Does not drive like the older ones at all!

About time Peter Pan got some new buses. However, I would love to see a Prevost X3-45 in that livery!

We get new buses every year, plus the older ones are going through refurb.

Cait,you know how much I dislike the Js....but these :wub: !

I moved one around the yard in Secaucus....I can't wait for the full order to come in! Does not drive like the older ones at all!

We get new buses every year, plus the older ones are going through refurb.

Dont mind the Kybosh kid, he doesnt know what he is talking about!

110612.jpg

Staying young: Peter Pan first in nation to order redesigned MCI® J4500 coach

SCHAUMBURG, IL — November 6, 2012 — When your name is Peter Pan, it's almost a given that you'll strive for a youthful appearance. It should come as no surprise that when Peter Pan Bus Lines, Springfield, Massachusetts, heard its most relied-upon coach model was about to undergo a major redesign, it was first to place an order.

One of the largest privately owned motor coach companies in the U.S., Peter Pan has now added these new 2013 MCI J4500s to its fleet, assuring that its passengers will be among the first on the block to enjoy the model's cutting-edge good looks, more leg room and a smoother ride, along with new clean-diesel engine technology that helps the coach reduce emissions and burn less fuel. The coaches additionally feature wheelchair lifts, three-point seatbelts, Wi-Fi, and 110-volt outlets at each of the 54 seats that make it easy for passengers to use their laptops and other devices.

Peter Pan has a record of firsts when it comes to MCI coaches. Peter Pan was also the first operator to purchase the first J4500s, with an initial order of 12, in 2001 when MCI launched the model. Ranked the best-selling coach in the U.S. and Canada for eight years running, the model is popular for its many passenger amenities, including an easy-boarding patented spiral entryway, tiered theatre seating and its easy maintenance. Made by the nation's leading builder of motor coaches in the U.S. and Canada, both the original and 2013 MCI J4500s were designed with the help of BMW Group DesignworksUSA.

In addition, all Peter Pan coaches feature a GPS system that the company uses to eliminate unnecessary idling and help monitor speeds and braking to improve fuel efficiency by up to 8 percent.

"We're very impressed with the new J model," said Peter A. Picknelly, CEO and Chairman of Peter Pan Bus Lines. "MCI has taken what is already a terrific vehicle and modernized it further. The graffiti-proof lavatory is a real winner, and the spiral entryway makes a nice first impression and has strong customer appeal. We are very pleased to be the first recipient."

"It's a good-looking and durable coach," said Tom Picknally, Senior Vice President, Maintenance, who adds that the company has been buying MCI coaches for some 40 years. "Our routes face a wide array of challenges from weather, to road quality, to interior wear, and MCI has done a good job meeting our criteria in the models they offer."

"MCI is honored to mark another first with Peter Pan," said Patricia Ziska, MCI Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Private Sector. "As the one of the leading operators in the nation, Peter Pan has some of the highest standards, and they demand highly reliable coaches. We're very pleased that our J4500 suits their operation. By taking the first J4500s in 2001, Peter Pan set in motion the model's best-selling ranking, and we anticipate that to repeat in the years to come."

According to Picknally, Peter Pan's relationship with MCI began in the early 1970s, after the company had a chance to see the durability of the MC-5 coaches operated by others in the Northeast and opted for the 40 foot MC-8.

In addition to its Springfield headquarters, Peter Pan operates office and garage facilities in Boston and Central Connecticut, employing 1000 people companywide. Peter Pan and Greyhound cooperatively operate a fast-growing new bus service, BoltBus, to provide "city center to city center" service using internet-based sales and non-terminal pick-up locations. BoltBus vehicles feature Wi-Fi, electrical plug-ins and increased legroom. Peter Pan and Greyhound are also planning the future launch of a new jointly operated bus line, Yo! Bus, which will offer affordable service for customers in New York and Philadelphia who like the convenience of a Chinatown stop.

Today, the company serves over four million passengers a year and logs over 25 million miles annually. Learn more at www.peterpanbus.com.

http://www.mcicoach.com/media-center/2012-11-06-peter-pan.htm

Archived