Your Favorite Cartoon shows from back in the day(Pre 2001)

Chargerdodge9

Ten years ago, when Cartoon Network was good, I loved Dragon Ball Z and Transformers Armada from Toonami.

Another young guy on the boards who thinks tv and cartoons started in the 1990's. :lol:

Lets see some of my favorites

1)Bugs Bunny/Looney Toones.

2)Scooby Doo(hated the '2' movies that came out after lol)

3)Tom & Jerry

4)Fanastic Four(old cartoons made in the late '60's and later the '80's) Not the recent movie series.

5)Pink Panther

6)early "Simpsons" especially between 1990-2005.

I have more but these are the cartoons if i was on an island and had to watch on tv 24/7 list lol i would always pick first.

Another young guy on the boards who thinks tv and cartoons started in the 1990's. :lol:

2)Scooby Doo(hated the '2' movies that came out after lol)

Just because he's young doesn't mean that's what he thinks......

And Scooby Doo is terrible. It's the same thing every episode...

Let's see...

Tom & Jerry

Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, etc.)

Pink Panther

Scooby Doo

Hong Kong Phooey

Popeye

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

Wacky Races

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop

The Smurfs

The Snorks

Ed Edd n Eddy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Dexter's lab

Catdog

Hey Arnold

Doug

Rocket Power

Rugrats

The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (the source of the infamous PINGAS meme)

Super Mario World (yes there was actually a cartoon show loosely based on the game)

Just because he's young doesn't mean that's what he thinks......

And Scooby Doo is terrible. It's the same thing every episode...

Scooby Doo was good if you were born in the 80's, I loved that shit because when you're a kid back then, repetitive shit doesn't matter.

---

Brett and CT1660 summed up my childhood TV life. 80's babies!

6)early "Simpsons" especially between 1990-2005.

I have more but these are the cartoons if i was on an island and had to watch on tv 24/7 list lol i would always pick first.

Over +9000 for the Simpsons. That was my joint right there. Plus Married With Children when it used to go on air on network television. As far as cartoons (and the Cartoon Network) definitely Dragon Ball Z without question!

Edited by realizm

Over +9000 for the Simpsons. That was my joint right there. Plus Married With Children when it used to go on air on network television. As far as cartoons (and the Cartoon Network) definitely Dragon Ball Z without question!

The Simpsons and Married With Children are both great, but I don't like Dragonball Z.

For me, it would have to be Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, Dexter's Laboratory (Watched it in Spanish sometimes), Powerpuff Girls, and the like. (I think i'm forgetting some, but probably not seeing how the cutoff is '01.)

My favorite shows were:

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Tom and Jerry

Rocket Power

Hey Arnold

Rugrats

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

Looney Tunes

Johnny Bravo

Dexter's Laboratory

The Powerpuff Girls

Cow & Chicken

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

SpongeBob SquarePants (1999-2004 mainly)

The Fairly OddParents (2001-2010)

Rocko's Modern Life

Jimmy Neutron

Codename: Kids Next Door

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I'm suprised noone has mentioned Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures yet..... because I love those and several of the shows others have mentioned. (Basically, anything from old Cartoon Network, any WB-helmed show and anything NOT JAPANESE).

Rollovermy head lets keep it pre-2001. Thus the Fairly Odd Parents wont make it lol since debut after '01.

My favorite shows were:

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Tom and Jerry

Rocket Power

Hey Arnold

Rugrats

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

Looney Tunes

Johnny Bravo

Dexter's Laboratory

The Powerpuff Girls

Cow & Chicken

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

SpongeBob SquarePants (1999-2004 mainly)

The Fairly OddParents (2001-2010)

Rocko's Modern Life

Jimmy Neutron

Codename: Kids Next Door

I was never that into TV when I was younger, but I did watch my share of TV. My favorites from way back below.

Nicktoons:

The Ren & Stimpy Show

Rocko's Modern Life

The Angry Beavers

CatDog

Rocket Power

Spongebob

Invader Zim

Cartoon Network:

Ed, Edd n Eddy

Dexter's Laboratory

Cow & Chicken

Others:

Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)

Animated Sitcoms (for the hell of it):

The Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy (prior to cancellation)

Also, I just noticed the OP was banned today.

Edited by Turbo19

Also, I just noticed the OP was banned today.

Wow, didn't notice. lol.

I coulda sworn there was this very thread some time back. Just another 'random' thread the OP would start for the sake of it...

Anyway I guess my list would be:

Most marvel/DC cartoon series

Animaniacs/Looney toons

Disney afternoon: Talespin, Darkwing duck, etc.

I know this is more modern, but the newest Scooby doo series: Mystery Inc has been fantastic plus they have some nice easter eggs on previous hanna barbera cartoon characters. So as a whole it maybe hit or miss, but when they do serious, it's good. Over the top camp, it's bad.

Some other reboots now like Transformers prime and thundercats have been pretty good as well.

As for anime, my preference are the ones on the adult swim block. The ones in the mornings are too watered down for my tastes.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Wow, didn't notice. lol.

I coulda sworn there was this very thread some time back. Just another 'random' thread the OP would start for the sake of it...

Anyway I guess my list would be:

Most marvel/DC cartoon series

Animaniacs/Looney toons

Disney afternoon: Talespin, Darkwing duck, etc.

I know this is more modern, but the newest Scooby doo series: Mystery Inc has been fantastic plus they have some nice easter eggs on previous hanna barbera cartoon characters. So as a whole it maybe hit or miss, but when they do serious, it's good. Over the top camp, it's bad.

Some other reboots now like Transformers prime and thundercats have been pretty good as well.

As for anime, my preference are the ones on the adult swim block. The ones in the mornings are too watered down for my tastes.

I agree with the Scooby Doo Mystery Inc... While modern, it actually has a story line... I like it...

Regarding animes, there's an anime on we both like due too similar likes! ;) Also, I like Oultlaw Star but sadly they didn't bring that on Toonami...

-----

Like SB, I like the older cartoons he listed...

Out of all the non-comedic cartoons I watched (I tended to like comedy more than action), my favorites were the cartoons in the DCAU (Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS), SWAT Kats and Captain Planet, which despite it's serious method, was so impossibly to watch seriously at all that it became a comedy along the lines of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Rollovermy head lets keep it pre-2001. Thus the Fairly Odd Parents wont make it lol since debut after '01.

Actually, it first started out as a series of cartoon segments from 1998 through 2001 on Oh Yeah! Cartoons right before its official debut on March 30, 2001 on the regularly Nickelodeon.

My guess for 2001 being the cut-off date is because after 9/11, there was more political correctness in cartoons thanks to the pressure from watchdog groups (like the Parents Television Council). Nowadays, you don't see someone like Tom or Jerry get hit by an iron.

Edited by cotb16

My guess for 2001 being the cut-off date is because after 9/11, there was more political correctness in cartoons thanks to the pressure from watchdog groups (like the Parents Television Council). Nowadays, you don't see someone like Tom or Jerry get hit by an iron.

I guess this wont air on tv lol. The PC police would scream at this lol.

FYI. One of my favorite cartoon skits ever :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFtd8ifJZM