Please Report NYC Horse Carriage Accident

FamousNYLover

530919_10152258595895273_647340879_n-2.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A team of equine experts within the ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Department works to monitor the care and working conditions of New York City's carriage and riding horses. These agents rely on concerned citizens to report incidents or issues with the care and conditions of NYC's carriage horses that they may witness. The following tips will help you report suspected carriage horse problems:

• The two most important pieces of information to provide are the time of the incident and the carriage license plate, a 4-digit number located on the back of the carriage.
  • It is very helpful to include other information such as color of horse, color of carriage, location of incident and hoof brand number of horse when possible.

To report carriage horse cruelty or neglect, contact the ASPCA's Humane Law EnforcementDivision at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4450. Also email any complaints tocarriagehorses@aspca.org and an HLE officer will be sent to investigate the complaint.

If possible, please call this number and send an email immediately upon seeing the incident so that the ASPCA can dispatch an agent.

and if the carrage gets into a collision, its not the horse companies' fault, its the fault of the driver that crashed into the carrage. Anyone and anything could be hit by a vehicle in New York city, its a fact of life, with so many things and people sharing the same streets, colisions are bound to happen

and if the carrage gets into a collision, its not the horse companies' fault, its the fault of the driver that crashed into the carrage. Anyone and anything could be hit by a vehicle in New York city, its a fact of life, with so many things and people sharing the same streets, colisions are bound to happen

All depends, what if the carriage runs a red light? You have to fully know the law first before you pass judgement as who is at faught in a crash.

you guys can say its only a horse, have one of those go on top of your ass, and say that then, i saw one with my own two eyes in an accident, i don't agree with horses in the streets of NY period, its retarded and its putting the people who ride these horse carriages and the horse at risk, they should only have em in central park, same with pedicabs(i can't stand those damn things) they don't belong on the streets period, this isn't the 1800's where horses were the main part of getting point A to B, horses belong in a farm,park or racetrack, they don't belong on a street

• 2 months later...
I kind of feel sorry for those horses; I think they should get rid of horse & carriage services altogether...

Besides, it wouldn't smell like shit over there on central park south throughout the day....

The latter mainly. So annoying clogging the strrets and what not.

It's pretty well known now, at least for the some of us that were in the chatroom. That said, from his latest threads, he hasn't changed from his first time here. Forget the fact that imo, those that knowingly created a 2nd account after the first one was banned shouldn't be allowed back at all.

What if you got banned?

I again ask why I should care about horses when there are members of our own speices suffering every day...

With all due respect to FamousNYLover I agree on this one. People in serious trouble and experiencing extreme pain and suffering would take presidence over and have higher priority than an animal. I could never understand some of the logic of some of these extremist "animal rights activists".

With all due respect to FamousNYLover I agree on this one. People in serious trouble and experiencing extreme pain and suffering would take presidence over and have higher priority than an animal. I could never understand some of the logic of some of these extremist "animal rights activists".

It's probably some treehuggers pushing this.

Archived