Train Girls

Wob

Especially memorable, was Jen, who kept insisting on demonstrating a proper coupling.

I finally had to admit that I had a leaky brake hose and maybe even a broken draw shank.

She did an inspection and found that a proper glad hand put all in working order.

After which she provided a tour of her private caboose, which was in top condition.

The view from her cupola was amazing!

TrainGirl_20121118.GIF

Miru Kim is sure one hell of a daredevil. On her Naked City Spleen series, there are various shots of her near various railway systems. Not even abandoned places can stop her and she even got a shot inside the abandoned Myrtle Ave station!

I met these ladies several years ago near the local yard, working in a track gang.

If I recall correctly, they said they were dancers; I think they meant "gandy dancers".

Funny thing is, they didn't have any equipment, tools or nothing, and not really dressed for manual labor.

Made me wonder, but none the less very photogenic.

TrainGirl_20121119.GIF

Especially memorable, was Jen, who kept insisting on demonstrating a proper coupling.

I finally had to admit that I had a leaky brake hose and maybe even a broken draw shank.

She did an inspection and found that a proper glad hand put all in working order.

After which she provided a tour of her private caboose, which was in top condition.

The view from her cupola was amazing!

LOL.

My mind might be in the gutter, but I'll take this to mean that a lot more than railfanning went down in that yard. ;)

Archived