White background on some pages

Harry

Is anyone still seeing a white background on some pages?

The forum was hacked again late last week. So far it seems like they were only able to get to one file. Because it was only that one file there were no interuptions at all after the attack. Other forums were hit harder.

For those who still see a white background can try:

• Ctrl+F5 several times
  • Delete the history of your favorite browser
  • Download CCleaner and clean your system

Harry:

I think you have to recache the forum's skin and that should fix it for everyone globally. I'm not entirely sure on it but it should be worth the shot.

Yeah I've tried that a few times and nothing. I'm convinced the white screen was due to the attack. Using one of the steps in the original post should do it for everyone.

Oh and by the way, when I still had issues with the site last night, I used CCleaner. Not only did it fix the white page, but my computer shuts down a lot faster now for some reason. Weird.

CCleaner does quite a bit of cleaning depending on your settings. I use it for my office computer since I seem to be losing space on it like crazy and it helps quite a bit. It's a temporary set up until our IT guy can get some things upgraded on my computer or get me a new one altogether, but yeah CCleaner works marvels, as it gets rid of a lot of the crap that builds up on the hard drive (esp. temporary files). It's the best thing to use if you don't want to do a complete wiping of the drive w/a fresh install.

I've been using Ccleaner for years now; even suggest it to people I know personally (although the later versions have become resource hogs)... Don't know what the latest version is, but I've been using v2.33 for the longest now....

The registry section of Ccleaner program should be avoided though (on the older versions, I mean... don't know if they made that part of the program more stable in the newer versions).....

Anyway.... Hmm... Never noticed a white bkgd. on any of the forum pages....

Didn't know the forum was hacked again.... I thought the right side of the main forum page (where the status updates, the calendar, the recent threads, and w/e else is there) was voluntarily removed last night....

Archived