Wtf Is the A Trains Problem?

Juelz4309

Im Sorry For this Rant But Bare with Me As This is my only Outlet to Release Lol....I HATE,HATE,HATE the Freakin A train for its "Express" Run up CPW. I get on at 42 st this mornin at 1100AM (Not Rush hour anymore)...we creep into 59 st Becuase without fail Theres ALWAYS Some Kind of Congestion whether it be signals or another train ahead of us. we make it into 59 finally.Then the C pulls in like a bat out of hell...I figure Ill catch it at 125 (Not 145 Cuz ive learned the hard way) since I live on 155 st...Both Trains pull out at the same time

Then What...A nIce fast Trip Uptown???..Nooooooo We Creep ALL the Way..No Trackwork goin on or Anything Jus plain ol Creepin at 15MPH on 45MPH Tracks...I missed that C train at 125 by at least 5 Minutes And the B Meets us there And I almost had a heart attack on the train I was so Pissed..Why? Becuase we all Know that next Uptown C is prolly down around 42 st becuase of the shitty headways!!!...I Could Understand if it was the Height of Rush Hour and With all the extra trains runnin but it was 11am for christ sake!!! How is it the B/C Move uptown at lightning pace but the A Is always a Crapshoot...Whether its 11am,2pm,830am,245am...IT NEVER GOES FAST!!( and those Clunky Ass R44s Dont help Either ) Or is it my luck I always get the Rookie T/O who first time on the Road alone...The IRT Expresses Put the IND to shame...This is why I often opt for the IRT...The 4/5 Haul ass Up Lexington so do the 2/3 Goin Up broadway...But not the A...You would think that The Line would be the "Jewel" of express service in Manhattan Beacuase its the Longest Express run without stops But Noooooo...Might as well get on the damn local...Ive come to the conclusion that MTA treats the letters like a stepchild and the Numbers like a first Born Son...Its jus hands down better service..Faster Expresses,Excellent headways on the Locals and,No Clunky/Heavy Trains...Ive Given up on the A...Ill stick to the C and ONLY when absoulutely Neccesary...Otherwise I Rather trek across the bridge to 161 For the 4.

Im Sorry For this Rant But Bare with Me As This is my only Outlet to Release Lol....I HATE,HATE,HATE the Freakin A train for its "Express" Run up CPW. I get on at 42 st this mornin at 1100AM (Not Rush hour anymore)...we creep into 59 st Becuase without fail Theres ALWAYS Some Kind of Congestion whether it be signals or another train ahead of us. we make it into 59 finally.Then the C pulls in like a bat out of hell...I figure Ill catch it at 125 (Not 145 Cuz ive learned the hard way) since I live on 155 st...Both Trains pull out at the same time

Then What...A nIce fast Trip Uptown???..Nooooooo We Creep ALL the Way..No Trackwork goin on or Anything Jus plain ol Creepin at 15MPH on 45MPH Tracks...I missed that C train at 125 by at least 5 Minutes And the B Meets us there And I almost had a heart attack on the train I was so Pissed..Why? Becuase we all Know that next Uptown C is prolly down around 42 st becuase of the shitty headways!!!...I Could Understand if it was the Height of Rush Hour and With all the extra trains runnin but it was 11am for christ sake!!! How is it the B/C Move uptown at lightning pace but the A Is always a Crapshoot...Whether its 11am,2pm,830am,245am...IT NEVER GOES FAST!!( and those Clunky Ass R44s Dont help Either ) Or is it my luck I always get the Rookie T/O who first time on the Road alone...The IRT Expresses Put the IND to shame...This is why I often opt for the IRT...The 4/5 Haul ass Up Lexington so do the 2/3 Goin Up broadway...But not the A...You would think that The Line would be the "Jewel" of express service in Manhattan Beacuase its the Longest Express run without stops But Noooooo...Might as well get on the damn local...Ive come to the conclusion that MTA treats the letters like a stepchild and the Numbers like a first Born Son...Its jus hands down better service..Faster Expresses,Excellent headways on the Locals and,No Clunky/Heavy Trains...Ive Given up on the A...Ill stick to the C and ONLY when absoulutely Neccesary...Otherwise I Rather trek across the bridge to 161 For the 4.

lol looks like your going through hell...idk whats up over there...but maybe when those R179s come they should because the MTAs first born lol...

and this is why I stay on the (C), the (C) always beats the (A) at some point, yesterday the (A) finnaly met up with us at canal, and i was on the (C) from Lefferts(it got rerouted), The (A) sucks period, the R46's are slower than the ones at jamaica (they are capped) so that explains why

Dude first off you gotta relax. The congestion is normal right...? If your (A) train crept in 59th there has ot had to be either a worktrain ahead heading elsewhere via the exp tracks or another passenger train ahead or some sort of train. When trains head in the opposite direction of peak rush hrs theres usually more trains heading in than heading out.

Why are you blaming the train/operator him/herself for your decision you didn't transfer and if you really needed the (C) you would had taken it knowing it takes roughly 7-10min on average to get from 59 to 125th via express knowing the (C) has 10+min headways you should had known your (A) train probably wouldn't have caught upto another train anyways.

"Clunky Ass R44s" mhmm,,,,the NYC Subway ones been retired since September of 2010 so those R-44 are well ya know....46's...

Oh Is that what it is? A Cap on the actual speed limit? The only time the A Did any justice is when they do that summer swap and R32s run on the A...Why cant they just leave the 32s on the A Until they Retire?..its a Real Waste Puttin on the C wit those wak ass Headways Seriously..

Dude first off you gotta relax. The congestion is normal right...? If your (A) train crept in 59th there has ot had to be either a worktrain ahead heading elsewhere via the exp tracks or another passenger train ahead or some sort of train. When trains head in the opposite direction of peak rush hrs theres usually more trains heading in than heading out.

Why are you blaming the train/operator him/herself for your decision you didn't transfer and if you really needed the (C) you would had taken it knowing it takes roughly 7-10min on average to get from 59 to 125th via express knowing the (C) has 10+min headways you should had known your (A) train probably wouldn't have caught upto another train anyways.

"Clunky Ass R44s" mhmm,,,,the NYC Subway ones been retired since September of 2010 so those R-44 are well ya know....46's...

Yea ma fualt about the 44s..forgot about the 46s..I can tell the diff tho between em...Barely...The Operator does have an effect tho on runs..You got those who come in a station at 25-30 mph and stop on a Dime....And those who Brake well before they should....

LOL!! I've been there with the (A) and it isn't just the (A)... Most of the so called express lines run slower than the locals... Remember a few years ago they had reports out talking about how you're better off taking the (6) as opposed to the (4) and (5) because express service crept the entire time... <_< The only way to truly get so called "express service" is taking MetroNorth and paying an arm and a leg for it. That's the only rail service these days that is prompt, reliable and on time. Unfortunately for you, you don't really have that option or maybe you do depending on where you go since you mentioned taking the (4) at 161st street. That Yankees stadium stop on MetroNorth isn't that far from there, but the thing is you'd have to transfer at either 125th street or maybe 42nd to get to where you're going. Not sure if it is worth it in terms of time and money.

I feel you pain, I've been screwed by CPW too. And not just express, since I, just like you gave up on catching train ahead of me by jumping to express. One time it took 30 (thirty) minutes to get from 59th to 125th on the local and no express passed us either, damn signals were messed up. Compared to other places it sometimes feels like TA is stuck in "horse and a buggy" age.

I feel you pain, I've been screwed by CPW too. And not just express, since I, just like you gave up on catching train ahead of me by jumping to express. One time it took 30 (thirty) minutes to get from 59th to 125th on the local and no express passed us either, damn signals were messed up. Compared to other places it sometimes feels like TA is stuck in "horse and a buggy" age.

Don't you dare say such a thing... We've got a lot of stations to deal with you know... <_< Then we'll hear about how other systems shut down and are small... Yada yada yada... Hey at least you can always count on one thing with the (MTA)... Excuses... :lol:

LOL!! I've been there with the (A) and it isn't just the (A)... Most of the so called express lines run slower than the locals... Remember a few years ago they had reports out talking about how you're better off taking the (6) as opposed to the (4) and (5) because express service crept the entire time... <_< The only way to truly get so called "express service" is taking MetroNorth and paying an arm and a leg for it. That's the only rail service these days that is prompt, reliable and on time. Unfortunately for you, you don't really have that option or maybe you do depending on where you go since you mentioned taking the (4) at 161st street. That Yankees stadium stop on MetroNorth isn't that far from there, but the thing is you'd have to transfer at either 125th street or maybe 42nd to get to where you're going. Not sure if it is worth it in terms of time and money.

Today for some reason I took the (6).was going to get off an Canal but decided to go to Union Square.We beat a (4) and nearly a (5) ahead of it. Snowblock,you never know.the there can be another (C) ahead.Never say never:)

Oh Is that what it is? A Cap on the actual speed limit? The only time the A Did any justice is when they do that summer swap and R32s run on the A...Why cant they just leave the 32s on the A Until they Retire?..its a Real Waste Puttin on the C wit those wak ass Headways Seriously..

The problem with doing that is there aren't enough R32s to make the (A) exclusively R32-only. They are better off on the (C) since it has longer headways and uses less trains than the (A). As others have said, you could have been better off transferring to the (C) at 59 St-CC.

It's a real waste putting the R32s on the (A) because the management will just run any or all of them to/from Lefferts and also run them very infrequently like last summer. But that's not the issue, the issue is the lack of seat availability when the R32s run as 10-car full length trains. They have constantly been running the R46s way more than the R32s during the summer swap. The only time the R32s showed up on my sight is the opposite direction or at rush hour. Other than that, I've been getting a majority of R46s.

However, the issue is that the summer swap for the Fulton Street Line eats into more of Jamaica's spare factor for the R46s and East New York's spare factor for the R42s. Remember that the (A) runs 38 trains (full-length) and the (C) runs 18 trains (short length).

Besides its always easier to get the R32s on the (C) when its 100% of those cars regularly aside from the summer. The cars are very older anyway, they also run infrequent on either the express or local, doesn't matter at this point. And most of the (C) wait is 10 minutes and the (A) runs every 10 minutes aside from rush hour, so yeah the R32s are pretty much infrequent on either of these lines......

Interesting who DOESN'T HATE THE (A) ?

If you had the chance to get on the the (C) at 59 St, WHY DIDN'T YOU? The C runs on 10 minute headways, so there is NO WAY, fast express or not, that you're going to catch that C's leader at 125/145.

There are always people who wait for the (A) when they want a local stop instead of taking the (C) straight there.

One time I was working on the (C) and someone at 42 Street wanted Shepherd Avenue. I told her to take the (C) I was on, but she insisted on taking the (A). So while she was waiting for the (A), my (C) went to Euclid without any (A) passing me!

Another time while I was on the (C) at Jay Street someone wanted Penn Station, but wanted to take the (A)!

There are always people who wait for the (A) when they want a local stop instead of taking the (C) straight there.

One time I was working on the (C) and someone at 42 Street wanted Shepherd Avenue. I told her to take the (C) I was on, but she insisted on taking the (A). So while she was waiting for the (A), my (C) went to Euclid without any (A) passing me!

Another time while I was on the (C) at Jay Street someone wanted Penn Station, but wanted to take the (A)!

NOW the REAL REASON WHY I HATE THE (A)!!!! Pathetic if you ask me! I think the (A) is OVERDUE for a service increase it's current service is crap.

Me...

Err ok want a reward?

I understand how Snowblock personally feels about stuff like this. I mean you just can't convince nor reason. Sometimes, the simple option is better. Like for example, I told one of my classmates to transfer for the (L) at 14th from the (4) and take it STRAIGHT home but refused and instead transfer at Broadway Junction from the (A) he got on at Fulton Manhattan. To me, the riding public just seems so directionally challenged or they have this 'crazy obession' to always ride express trains without acknowledging the intervals and minutes they are putting.

Archived