Wtf Is the A Trains Problem?

Juelz4309

All trains have roughly the same top speed (SMEE a little slower than R160), a R32 has slightly faster acceleration then the rest of the SMEE out there (that also depends on the exact car numbers, this is NOT true of all R32), R160 equipment slightly more accel. still, but lets not make this out to be the tortise and the hare...

This has more to do with the particular T/O operating than anything else.

I cannot blame you for feeling like that, I was at 14th Street - 8th Avenue station waiting for an (A) to 207th Steet and for that span of 15 minutes, 3 (C) trains kept passing by and earlier in the summer I took an (A) from 145th Street and a (C) arrived at the same time and when it was time for the (A) and (C) to depart the (C) was goooooooonnnneeee..

[media=1000x133]http://makeagif.com/i/hTzPg9[/media]

I cannot blame you for feeling like that, I was at 14th Street - 8th Avenue station waiting for an (A) to 207th Steet and for that span of 15 minutes, 3 (C) trains kept passing by and earlier in the summer I took an (A) from 145th Street and a (C) arrived at the same time and when it was time for the (A) and (C) to depart the (C) was goooooooonnnneeee..

[media=1000x133]http://makeagif.com/...i/hTzPg9[/media]

It's obvious that trains were late due to 'police investigations, signal problems, passenger in illness, fights/arguments, based schedule timetable, people holding the doors, confused/directional challenged passengers, or breakdowns'.

As for the local constantly beating the express until after stopping at a local station, it happens with just about every other express and local services on other lines, Queens Boulevard, Flushing, Pelham, Lexington Avenue, Eastern Parkway, Concourse, Brighton, 4th Avenue, 7th Avenue, Jamaica, Broadway.

Besides, as long as you had taken the (A) to any station further down in Manhattan or Brooklyn or any station it serves alone without the (C) local of course, that's what you should be worrying about instead.......

Just remember...the purpose of express/limited service is to make FEWER stops...they never guaranteed it would be faster...just that it would make fewer stops to increase capacity on the line.

Ok so why don't we build platforms at every single local stop on the express track then if their purpose is to increase capacity and not save time?? Might as well have 4 local tracks then if that's the case.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer.

If you wanted to be an a**hole with your response, trust and believe I can be a bigger a**hole about it.

Now do you want a cookie or a big piece of shut the hell up

DUDE DUDE SORRY DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT WHY WITH THE STFU PEACE MAN seriously.

This has nothing to do with car equipment or train operators.. it's the ridiculous unnececssary timers and other speed restrictions they have on the tracks there, and a couple of other supervisory factors as well.

What's the point of having an Express train if the Local can get you there faster? Gotta love MTA Logic...

If you want to get there quickly then imo you're much better off cramming into the Lex line, that is my main Manhattan subway line now and I try to avoid anything else as much as possible.. you won't get a seat but at least you'll get there quicker..

Lex line is the most reliable line in manhattan I have used along with basically any line other than the broadway and 8th ave lines. Ugh tell me about it.

the (A) sucks period, Horrible headways, slow R46's and just timers, it sucks

Couldn't say it better myself.

Tonight on the (7) I got my favorite idiotic question. A family gets off at Grand Central and asks which way to get to the (S). I tell them that if they're going to Times Square it's fastest to just stay on this train, we're going there. He shakes his head no and says "but the map shows the (S) going straight to Times Square without making any extra stops" so I sigh and say "go to the end of the platform, up two levels of escalators, then down the long corridor".

This is why I never announce the (S) as a transfer when I work the (7)........

And also having said that, when the R188s go to the IRT Flushing Line, the announcements at Times Sq/Grand Central shouldn't say the (S) as a transfer nor have it on the (7) strip maps neither. :lol::)

Sorry but it must. Never know when that Queens to Grand Central GO will rear its ugly head. Oh, and never try to teach a tourist the system, tourists aren't always trying to get to point A to point B in the fastest time possible, like NYC residents. Let them learn the "hard" way, and there may be points of interest on the way.

Sorry but it must. Never know when that Queens to Grand Central GO will rear its ugly head. Oh, and never try to teach a tourist the system, tourists aren't always trying to get to point A to point B in the fastest time possible, like NYC residents. Let them learn the "hard" way, and there may be points of interest on the way.

Damn I forgot about that. Thanks TT.

Couldn't the system be programmed to only announce the shuttle transfer when Grand Central is the last stop? And even if not, I hope the conductor would give a detailed announcement explaining what to do when the grain arrives at Grand Central, so a lack of a prerecorded announcement wouldn't be problematic.

And is there ever any reason at all to announce that transfer on a Queens-bound train, or on a Manhattan-bound train at Times Square?

I hear plenty of CR's do It, but I only make transfer announcements which actually make sense. No need to announce transfers to the (B), (F), and (M) at 42-Bryant (or the (B) anywhere between 59 and Grand). Just like I hear them announce transfers between the (1) and (2) overnight at every express station when both are running local. When I'm working the (1) after midnight, I will announce the (2) at 96 and Chambers only.

If Grand Central is going to be the last stop on the (7), the C/R really should be making a manual announcement telling customers who want Times Square to take the (S), and customers who want Bryant Park to just walk (or take the (6) to Bleecker if they want the BDFM), rather than rely on the automated announcements/signs. This is true for any other non-standard shortturn too.......

I hear plenty of CR's do It, but I only make transfer announcements which actually make sense. No need to announce transfers to the (B), (F), and (M) at 42-Bryant (or the (B) anywhere between 59 and Grand). Just like I hear them announce transfers between the (1) and (2) overnight at every express station when both are running local. When I'm working the (1) after midnight, I will announce the (2) at 96 and Chambers only.

If Grand Central is going to be the last stop on the (7), the C/R really should be making a manual announcement telling customers who want Times Square to take the (S), and customers who want Bryant Park to just walk (or take the (6) to Bleecker if they want the BDFM), rather than rely on the automated announcements/signs. This is true for any other non-standard shortturn too.......

Really for the GC g.o. they should be trying to dump the train of western Manhattan customers at Queensboro, that includes waiting for a connection for a (N) (not (Q) a g.o like this only happens weekends) if I see it at Beebe when approaching the station.

Archived