Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
lilbluefoxie

DE30AC at East Rockaway

Nice catches. When is the Long Beach branch going back to Electrical Service

I am not sure, could be another few weeks. If you are around I suggest getting photos while you can of this train. Remember it does not run on weekends and thanksgiving (holidays).

Nice catches. When is the Long Beach branch going back to Electrical Service

Electric service will resume when the restoration work is done and it's safe to do so.

There is no deadline/timetable/commitment of an exact date.

• Upvote 1

It also seems like they are using the same set for Long Beach, as Emanuel's photos from Long Beach were of the same locomotive, and I photographed both the 1:10 lynbrook bound train and the 1:34 long beach bound train and they both had 406 and 402 on the ends of the train

Love it! Hopefully next week I can grab this. Curious tho... How many diesel runs are done along the LB branch? And has the FR branch had any diesel runs lately?

Edited by mark1447

Love it! Hopefully next week I can grab this. Curious tho... How many diesel runs are done along the LB branch? And has the FR branch had any diesel runs lately?

the schedule is on the MTA website. It appears to be the same train they use for each run. As far as I know the Far Rockaway branch never used diesels due to the hurricane, the MTA managed to get it working much earlier than Long Beach whose third rail substation has been severely damaged by salt water and sewage that leaked out of the busted sewage plant in Hewlett.

But the photos are still here, looking good!

I made sure to get out there since I had a feeling it was the sorta thing that wasn't gunna be around for much longer since Long Island is pretty much back to normal electricity-wise.

I strongly suggest everyone to grab photos of this thing while you can, since its doubtful it'll happen again.

Well unless we have another hurricane as bad as this one. BTW good pics.

Well unless we have another hurricane as bad as this one. BTW good pics.

Heaven forbid we have another hurricane like that again, I would prefer not to be stuck without power for 2 weeks again :P