Questions for all those elevator fans here.

B3 Via Av U

Hey guys!

I have questions for those of you guys here who are elevator fans. Our school elevator has a switch on the floor button selector panel that says P.B. Control (Push-Button Control), and one must activate it using the same key to activate the call buttons in order to select a floor. This is usually turned off, except for a rare occasion, such as Parent-Teacher Conference night. If this elevator were to be put into Fire Service, would this switch be overridden? The key for the floor button is WAY different than the Fire Service key. I would also like to ask what Priority Service does on the Elevonic 211, such as the hydraulic 211 in Stop and Shop on Av Y in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

I'm here, don't worry lol. Don't f**k around with fire service, can't stress that one enough. It can activate an alarm or even the building fire alarm and basically carries the same penalty when used without permission as pulling a fire alarm would. Better off doing whatever you can to find out what the lockout key is, if you got pics of the call button or inside panel I might be able to figure it out.

As far as priority service on OTISes go, IIRC it's not much different than independent service but I could be wrong.

I'm here, don't worry lol. Don't f**k around with fire service, can't stress that one enough. It can activate an alarm or even the building fire alarm and basically carries the same penalty when used without permission as pulling a fire alarm would. Better off doing whatever you can to find out what the lockout key is, if you got pics of the call button or inside panel I might be able to figure it out.

As far as priority service on OTISes go, IIRC it's not much different than independent service but I could be wrong.

So much for finding out the lockout key, the key for the school elevator comes with a little tag that says Cunningham Elevator Pass.

That doesn't exactly mean it's a custom key.

I know a girl who has the elevator key, and the key is NOT custom, I took a good look at the lock and can confirm that it is an elevator manufacturer's keyswitch. Quick question: When an elevator is put in Inspection Service, will turning the 'Access' switch in the hallway move the elevator up if turned to 'Up', and move down when turned to "Down?"

The buttons look like this, but this is NOT the school elevator:

038.jpg

I know a couple of guys who have the key, and it's about an inch long.

On a side-note, IIRC this is a 1976 Schindler in the Willis Tower, Chicago.

School elevator specs for FYI:

• Front and rear door.
  • Built 2000 with the new wing.
  • Pull/push stop switch.
  • It looks like the locked cabinet in there takes the H301 or the H200, I believe the latter.
  • NYC fire service key accepted, no "Bypass" function on the fire service.

The buttons look like this, but this is NOT the school elevator:

038.jpg

I know a couple of guys who have the key, and it's about an inch long.

On a side-note, IIRC this is a 1976 Schindler in the Willis Tower, Chicago.

School elevator specs for FYI:

• Front and rear door.

• Built 2000 with the new wing.

• Pull/push stop switch.

• It looks like the locked cabinet in there takes the H301 or the H200, I believe the latter.

• NYC fire service key accepted, no "Bypass" function on the fire service.

EPCO SSL then, the key could be EPCO 1 if it has "barrel" locks.

EPCO SSL then, the key could be EPCO 1 if it has "barrel" locks.

I KNEW IT! Barrel locks are the type of key featured on the stop switch on this COP shown, right?

Our call panel looks like this:

Button Control

(Lock)

(Up button)

(Down button)

EDIT: Never mind, I saw you use the EPCO 1 key when you had that broken freight elevator lol.

Thanks a million, Orion!

Archived