Grand Theft Auto V Discussion

DJ MC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hype about this when I first heard about it on another message board. I heard the city was gonna be Los Santos. :P

And only Los Santos not two other cites like in SA.

I was hoping they was gonna do the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virgina) as some speculated that the money logo was hinting at it being based in DC.

It would have nice if they did something slimar to San Anderas but on the East Coast with Baltimore, DC & Richmond or Philly, Baltimore and DC.

GTA IV's storyline was a complete joke. The missions were horrible as well. The only thing you did was kill, kill, kill. In SA, you got to do things like sneak into Area 51, fly fighter jets, stalk people in missions, etc. I had more fun fending off a six star wanted level in locked areas to get rare cars/helicopters (Police Heli, Super GT, several rounds of RPG, getting a civilian heli, etc) then doing the missions. Graphics don't make up a game.

Also, I hope R* doesn't port it from the console because GTA IV for PC was a buggy, poorly optimized mess.

Vice City reminds me of Scarface every time. GTA IV was good to me. I enjoy that game and still play it every time.

That's because Scarface inspired vice city, Which is kind of ironic since GTA3 had some of the song from the Scarface soundtrack for Flashback radio, it was almost like a preview on what the next game was going to be lol.

''PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT''

Now this is worthy of its own thread lol!

I was hype about this when I first heard about it on another message board. I heard the city was gonna be Los Santos. :P

And only Los Santos not two other cites like in SA.

I was hoping they was gonna do the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virgina) as some speculated that the money logo was hinting at it being based in DC.

It would have nice if they did something slimar to San Anderas but on the East Coast with Baltimore, DC & Richmond or Philly, Baltimore and DC.

That's kinda true, a new city area would be nice to have.

The trade off of having the one city is the amount of detail they can squeze into the game.

when you compaire San Andres to VI/TLaD/BoGT, SA felt two dimensional (in the figurative sense).

Also true, visually gta4 was superb, but i hated the attack chopper, it was so hard to aim. The hunter was way better and had missles.

GTA IV's storyline was a complete joke. The missions were horrible as well. The only thing you did was kill, kill, kill. In SA, you got to do things like sneak into Area 51, fly fighter jets, stalk people in missions, etc. I had more fun fending off a six star wanted level in locked areas to get rare cars/helicopters (Police Heli, Super GT, several rounds of RPG, getting a civilian heli, etc) then doing the missions. Graphics don't make up a game.

Also, I hope R* doesn't port it from the console because GTA IV for PC was a buggy, poorly optimized mess.

I gotta agree, even though gta4 is a great replica of nyc and better graphics, i miss the freedom you had in gta sa, which is still my fav of the gta3 and up era. My favorite car from sa was the bullet or gt and the torisimo. i had like 4 bullets even though it always spawns back in two areas of sf. modifying the cars with nitros and hydrolics were awesome!

No love for Vice City? lol

GTA3 they already redid Liberty City in GTA4, as much as I'd love them to re-do it again they probably won't lol

GTA San Andreas they should just make a movie outta that

I love the 80s theme in Vice City lol

honestly, i hated vice city. i got stuck on one mission and gave up on it, and used the car boat cheat to drive to the last island to buy the place that had a helicopter on the roof to just fly around the city.

to me gta 3 may as well have been seattle or some place, they had very little that made liberty city look like NYC, at least SA got major California landmarks right.

SA is technically based storywise like boyz in the hood, so there you go.

That's because Scarface inspired vice city, Which is kind of ironic since GTA3 had some of the song from the Scarface soundtrack for Flashback radio, it was almost like a preview on what the next game was going to be lol.

''PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT''

Lol, I was kinda disappointed they didn't have those songs in VC, I liked flashback fm.

I do like classical music like gta3's double cleff fm, i hope the next one has a classical music station.

I really hope GTA V would be a Re-done Vice city to make it look more like Miami (like in GTA IV with Liberty city looking more like NYC) I also liked GTA San Andreas. My favorite thing to do in GTA SA was to fly planes all over the state. I really wish Rockstar brings back planes. I really miss flying them.

The only thing I didnt like about the GTA IV storyline, it jumped all over the place. Other than that, it was pretty good.

Planes made sense is SA when you had large distances to cover and more than one place to land. The flight trainer mission drove me insane, though I admit I had a fun using the monument at the top of the mountain as a STO ski-jump. come in vertical, aline the plane, land, reset for level light, and gun it off the plaque.

I kinda hope they do a "one city" game again, since I'm most of the way though Red Dead Redemption and all that traveling through the middle of nowhere is boaring.

I'm a major fly boy in SA. I agree about the flight training mission as they're tough to beat if you don't know how to control the plane/helicopter. I just fly for fun now since I beat all of the mission in SA. :cool:

Helicopters especially the hunter were easy for me - well granted cuz I had a LOT of experience with it for spawning it for the fun of it. But that stunt plane was hard as hell to fly. I also hated that mission where you had to fly the p51 plane. But overall getting that airfield was worth it since you can store some big stuff in that hangar. The hydra is so awesome to have after you do that mission to sneak onto the marine ship.

As for the gta 4 cars, those were cool. The wanted level: well i do miss being chased by the army for a lvl 6, and what sucks is I loved to do that in gta SA while in a tank or a plane where i've got some advantage.

Helicopters especially the hunter were easy for me - well granted cuz I had a LOT of experience with it for spawning it for the fun of it. But that stunt plane was hard as hell to fly. I also hated that mission where you had to fly the p51 plane. But overall getting that airfield was worth it since you can store some big stuff in that hangar. The hydra is so awesome to have after you do that mission to sneak onto the marine ship.

As for the gta 4 cars, those were cool. The wanted level: well i do miss being chased by the army for a lvl 6, and what sucks is I loved to do that in gta SA while in a tank or a plane where i've got some advantage.

Back in SA I spawned the hunter too but I prefer to spawn the stunt plane. I was used to it by the time I did the flight missions. I loved using the Hydra against the police. I would aim then fire the rockets at them and deploy flares if the enemy's Hydra tries to shoot me down. One of my favorite planes to fly was the Rustler (P51)

In GTA 4 I kind of hated that Rockstar remove the flamethrower. It was my favorite weapon in the old GTAs. I also miss the Rhino tank but I guess the APC tank will do in GTA the ballad of gay tony.....

Stunt plane was never my fav. Rustler was ok, but only because I had to fly it and it had machine guns, otherwise I hated it. Hydra-totally love it. One of the best things i did was try to get it to crash into another hydra in midflight, whcih after many tries i did. Stealing police choppers over the dam was fun too [standing over those power towers]. But I still have to love the Hunter the best, that gun is just so good and then you have missiles. It's the whole package. Obviously the main flaw is that if a SAM or Hydra fires at it, you are dead.

Much as I loved the m1 abrams rhino of SA, I preferred the tank from GTA3 as you can move the turret independently and use it to add thrust and see where you were going at the same time.

The sadist in me loved the flamethrower. OMG is all i can say, especially when the ppl run away screaming and 'fizzles out'. Bless you GTA games for letting me play out my inner psychotic maniac ;)

Stunt plane was never my fav. Rustler was ok, but only because I had to fly it and it had machine guns, otherwise I hated it. Hydra-totally love it. One of the best things i did was try to get it to crash into another hydra in midflight, whcih after many tries i did. Stealing police choppers over the dam was fun too [standing over those power towers]. But I still have to love the Hunter the best, that gun is just so good and then you have missiles. It's the whole package. Obviously the main flaw is that if a SAM or Hydra fires at it, you are dead.

Much as I loved the m1 abrams rhino of SA, I preferred the tank from GTA3 as you can move the turret independently and use it to add thrust and see where you were going at the same time.

The sadist in me loved the flamethrower. OMG is all i can say, especially when the ppl run away screaming and 'fizzles out'. Bless you GTA games for letting me play out my inner psychotic maniac B)

Yeah the Hunter is a sweet helicopter. Aiming with the Hunter's missiles was a pain when I first flew the Helicopter in it's debut game (Vice city) I remember when I tried to aim it I tilted the heli's nose down too much and was going down fast near the ground when I fired a missile at the same time. :) Let's just say after that I went back from the hospital to the army base to get another Hunter lol

Unlike the Hunter the Hydra had a lock-on aiming system that made firing the missiles much easier. Also the Hydra had flares so you can deploy them when those damn SAM sites shot at you. Shame the Hunter was replaced by the Annihilator and the Buzzard in games after the GTA IV era.

Hopefully the Rhino makes a comeback in GTA V as well as the flamethrower.

I was a huge Pyromaniac back in the old GTAs. Anything that moved was set on fire.

I hope the AT-400 makes a return in this game. I loved riding around in that thing. I also hope the full San Andreas rail system makes a come-back. My favorite thing to do in that game was ride around from city to city in that train.

I hope so too! I also hope the Andromada plane makes a comeback too (it was supposed to appear in GTA IV but it was cut) I have to admit that I modded the game so I can fly the Andromada in GTA SA. It handles pretty good! B) It's about the same size as the AT-400 just a little bit smaller and a bit faster.

If it does that will be excellent. Hopefully the buses will be good or they reintroduce the Coach. I've always liked that bus. Sad they didn't have it in GTA IV, but the Orion V was cool.

Image if Rockstar puts an artic bus in GTA V ;) The coach was in the GTA IV beta but it was removed. Here's a link to show you what it looked like in the Beta scroll down the page ( it looked similar to the coach from GTA III) In GTA IV the coach can be seen in TV commercials however, that's what left of it from the beta....

Link: http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Coach

Guest lance25

Alrighty then. I was a bit skeptical when I read the rumors that this one would take place in Los Santos again, but after seeing the trailer, I'll welcome this new and improved LS. It looks a hell of a lot better than the San Andreas incarnation did.

I see we've got the countryside again, which is a plus. Sometimes. As long as you don't have to travel through it to get from one side to the other or there continues to be something to do there after the main story is over, it will be all good. My main gripe with San Andreas was that once you were finished with the primary missions in the Badlands and the desert, you were just traveling from one city to the next without anything to do in the dead areas.

As a road geek I love the fact that they used REAL interstate signs in the game! :cool:

Since this is a railfan site, in the part of the trailer with the homeless guy, if you look closely there's a Freight train going by in the background. ;)

Also, at the retired part of the trailer, the guys they show is rumored to be the main characters from the previous four GTA's, the guy hiking is speculated to be the main character from GTA 3.

Either way I am hype about this game! I hope San ferro and Las Venteras are in the game with LS or San Diago and Mexico.

Also, there was planes in the trailer, so maybe there is other cities than just LS....

Guest lance25

I doubt it would be released specifically on May 24 because that's a Thursday. Video games are usually released on Tuesdays. But yeah, a 2012 launch doesn't seem all that implausible.