Grand Theft Auto V Discussion

DJ MC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's quite a few train yards, and trains will roll with freight. Also, I've seen buses come in red, orange, dark blue, and turquoise. There's probably a few other colors, too. And not only that, Franklin goes runs through an actual bus terminal, with buses pulling out, in one of the first missions.

Edited by GojiMet86

So, I have the game (it was on my postal box) and obviously the first thing I have done is playing.

The Light rail of Los Santos seems less efficient than the subway of Liberty City. It is quite slow unlike the fast subway of Liberty City.

This is like in the reality where New York City has a good rapid transit network while Los Angeles does not. 

Los Santos is less pedestrian-friendly than Liberty City, I could walk all around Aldeney and use the subway. I don't think I could in Los Santos.

This point is also similar to the reality.

Anwyay GTA V is really a great game, I will spend several hundred of hours on it.  :D

I'm playing it now at my brother's house (I'll get my copy when i get my PS3 again) and i love it.

Glad that they brought back 18 wheelers and the ability to fly planes. And these wild animals at a great touch.

...since i stated playing, i killed 1 deer (truck), 2 wolves (SUV) and a rottweiler (just shot it lol). And i did get attacked by a cougar and died.

I'm playing it now at my brother's house (I'll get my copy when i get my PS3 again) and i love it.

Glad that they brought back 18 wheelers and the ability to fly planes. And these wild animals at a great touch.

...since i stated playing, i killed 1 deer (truck), 2 wolves (SUV) and a rottweiler (just shot it lol). And i did get attacked by a cougar and died.

Damn! about the cougar thing. I also saw there were sharks. That's friggin scary. Lol, no more swimming in open waters...

Yeah i love flying the planes as well, also loved driving the 18 wheelers. Still a bit bummed there's no 'las venturas'...

Damn! about the cougar thing. I also saw there were sharks. That's friggin scary. Lol, no more swimming in open waters...

Yeah i love flying the planes as well, also loved driving the 18 wheelers. Still a bit bummed there's no 'las venturas'...

From what I saw, those sharks can easily kill you. 

Sooo, when I started the game, I drove around the map from Franklins house using the highway on the coast. Following trffic rules, it took me 22 minutes to get from Franklins house all the way around to where the Del Perro Fwy turns away from the beach.

Then later on, I rode a train around the entire loop from the port and back, took about 33 minutes.

Bus next to Davis Station. As soon as i finish the story the first time, I'm gonna act like a trucker and transport trailers around the map. To hook up/detach trailers from Cabs, press right on the D-Pad.

I just got used to the graphics today. My new favorite GTA.

6x3ztK6.jpg

Edited by LTA1992

It will look normal after a couple days. At least it took me that long. I just now finished the game, and it marks only the 2nd GTA where I've actually completed the story. The first being IV and it's Episodes.

I'm just wondering how long was the storyline in your opinion. To me I would assume short if you managed to complete it (100%?) in this short amount of time.

If you have SA, you should complete it. That was a pretty good mission.

Absolutely, the storyline in SA was great. I admit different from GTA up until then but a nice though out storyline.

I'm just wondering how long was the storyline in your opinion. To me I would assume short if you managed to complete it (100%?) in this short amount of time.

Absolutely, the storyline in SA was great. I admit different from GTA up until then but a nice though out storyline

The stats says there are only 69 story missions.

I finally fired it up on my PS3 and managed to complete up to the first story mission for Trevor. I find it hilarious, that whole cutscene.

Goji, awesome pics bro!

The stats says there are only 69 story missions.

I finally fired it up on my PS3 and managed to complete up to the first story mission for Trevor. I find it hilarious, that whole cutscene.

Shit, the amount of missions is low in my opinion, way low. Even GTA III had more missions, mind you in a smaller area, and furthermore using a less advanced game engine/hardware.

I really hate to sound like a nostalgia fag and/or fanboy but this new generation of gaming has altered the structural components that made Grand Theft Auto such a legendary series to begin with.

Gone is the once revolutionary and imaginative series that strived to focus on detail in many aspects, replaced by a series focusing solely on graphics and mass approval of online critics.

Can't say I blame Rockstar and it's subsidiaries though. They just go with what generates the largest amount of profit. Gaming is and always has been a dog eat dog world, and as such it isn't that shocking Rockstar and many developers have departed from their origins in an attempt to survive and generate the largest amount of profit in the ever changing marketplace.

Nevertheless I wish developers would realize how alienating such tactics are to it's core fanbase. One can only anticipate that the realization will occur sooner than later, but what can be done aside from anticipating.

Signed,

Turbo, a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series for the last 16 years.

Anyway I'm done here for now. Continue with the discussion.

Absolutely, the storyline in SA was great. I admit different from GTA up until then but a nice though out storyline.

No, I've just finished the story. There is still much to do. The story itself lasts as long as you want it to. Though they say 25 Hours total if you do it all at once. Less missions than IV, more missions than RDR. Each mission is different and some take me about 20 minutes to do.

In a few weeks I'll play through it again to try alternate decisions with the Heists and the other endings.

Goji, awesome pics bro!

Shit, the amount of missions is low in my opinion, way low. Even GTA III had more missions, mind you in a smaller area, and furthermore using a less advanced game engine/hardware.

I really hate to sound like a nostalgia fag and/or fanboy but this new generation of gaming has altered the structural components that made Grand Theft Auto such a legendary series to begin with.

Gone is the once revolutionary and imaginative series that strived to focus on detail in many aspects, replaced by a series focusing solely on graphics and mass approval of online critics.

Can't say I blame Rockstar and it's subsidiaries though. They just go with what generates the largest amount of profit. Gaming is and always has been a dog eat dog world, and as such it isn't that shocking Rockstar and many developers have departed from their origins in an attempt to survive and generate the largest amount of profit in the ever changing marketplace.

Nevertheless I wish developers would realize how alienating such tactics are to it's core fanbase. One can only anticipate that the realization will occur sooner than later, but what can be done aside from anticipating.

Signed,

Turbo, a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series for the last 16 years.

Anyway I'm done here for now. Continue with the discussion.

69 missions isn't low when each mission is different, they are longer, and you can do quite a few of them in more than one way since a lot have 2 or all 3 characters in them.

GTA V didn't focus on graphics. Trust me, This is what happens when you have different teams using techniques they've applied to the games they've made (MCLA for driving, RDR for the world, MP3 for the combat and lighting, IV for everythng else), to create a game that once again, pushes the boundaries of what can be done. The fact that you can play as 3 characters and switch with them as you like is revolutionary alone for a sandbox game.

This game did not move from its roots as the Root of GTA is to be different which makes it the best. Trust me, the detail has definitely been focused on. Most people won't notice things like the way the ocean waves crash onto the cliffs, creating that splash that goes up the side. Those sprays also vary in size too! I was amazed by that. The way storms occur, especially by the Alamo Sea was another thing that made me say "Wow" out loud. The way the clouds covered Mount Chiliad in the distance looked just like the storms that pass Coney Island in the summer. Same colors with the sun trying it's best to get through the clouds. The way the thunder claps and the lightning looks in the distance. The way the wheels of cars sound as they run over the wet streets and the sound of the rain hitting it are amazing. Did I mention the controller rumbles at every bump in the road? When I'm passing over the freeway, the sounds of cars rolling over unkempt pavement sounds exactly as it should. Reminds me more of cars passing by on the Bruckner. There are MANY other tiny details that people won't notice that I have that brings this game alive. Everything I mentioned above are just a fraction of things that help me feel as if I was there. And it makes me exited for GTA VI. Imagine what they can do on Next Gen with not only the PC-like architecture, but the exponential amount of extra RAM they can work with as compared to the current gen. It may just kill me.

It's always evolving which keeps it fresh, unlike some other games that shall not be mentioned. It deserves the reviews. Not only that, but after finishing the story, I felt satisfied. This is what I waited for.

Edited by LTA1992

There's one thing I don't like, and it's that a cheat code has to be put in manually every time you need to use it. Gone are the days were you could type it in the phone, and it would stay, so all you need was to get the phone out and get the cheat. For example, I'm driving a Dashound, running a line (I've already planned a few), but a few minutes ago a cop was chasing a car, he bumped into me, and I got a couple of stars. I had to manually press the wanted level down combo, but I had to do it many times because it lowered it like about 1 star, and I had 2. So I spent I whole of time doing the cheat, all while driving (meaning I was pressing down on R2, which is needed in the combo). So there I am, and everytime I get the cheat, either it's lowered by only one star (out of two), or the cops keep banging in to me.