Grand Theft Auto V Discussion

DJ MC

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they went nostalgic with the cheat codes. I remember in San Andreas, you had to actually remember the cheat code when you put it in and it didn't save it for you. 

The one thing with SA was that a good portion of cheats carried over from the two former titles, so most regular players has most if not all down by SA.

Los Santos Transit by METRO: Station by Station.

Davis (Around the block from Franklins old house)

4Vg7fvC.jpge4yWYGn.jpge4yWYGn.jpg

Pillbox South (Which, location wise, I think could be Pico on the Blue/Expo lines. Next to the Mile High Club)

ARWWPlE.jpg9xJztli.jpgShTPbf6.jpgFFWPJVm.jpgi8hHTYm.jpg

Little Seoul

FofMHUy.jpgMjDQvXO.jpgBrOpQlV.jpgJqG54Gt.jpgCjXiF5f.jpg

Del Perro

NJtNOh6.jpgrKWTxoP.jpg5VwaMDQ.jpgOkAGckA.jpg

Portola Drive (Station a couple blocks from Michaels' House)

aRjEWbu.jpggkcFAKi.jpgdGlO6eI.jpgyT34gf4.jpgBN5xoNN.jpgZNgA0i5.jpg

Edited by LTA1992

Burton (Right under Rockford Plaza shopping mall)

rPFDecf.jpgMdamyMF.jpgIOvOmyR.jpgISJPrpW.jpgnST5Pwv.jpg

Strawberry (In the median of the Olympic Freeway [i-4] and my personal favorite station.

2Yh6Yn2.jpgbN07xVM.jpgFqWjIsZ.jpgmiQMqKt.jpgvAMB7SX.jpgPE4x9xp.jpgDJTAfap.jpg

Puerto Del Sol

7tDwnBl.jpg0pdivzB.jpg6v0x96N.jpgsxa5Jh1.jpgm3hbQqO.jpgR2Kd2GV.jpg

Los Santos International Airport Parking

tjPBBHM.jpgG67cFvH.jpg13gahpy.jpg4AjBxAg.jpg

Rats!

7VFrCMv.jpg

Los Santos International Airport Terminal 4

Tx2en6R.jpggXaoda6.jpg3hkWSeY.jpg8buF1S6.jpgrl82Fdd.jpg

And there you have it. All 10 LST stations.

Edited by LTA1992

I'm at the GTA V concert right now at St. Paul the Apostle at Columbus Circle. :)

The voice actors are here!!!!!

It's funny because the next week after GTA V came out, my old case worker tells me she actually knows Daniel Tamberelli personally.

Played some GTA Online this morning. It's very addicting with the missions and all the things you can do, with even more stuff coming. Definitely worth the wait from the release date of the actual game.

At least you got in. I'm gonna try again in an hour.

Yesterday's concert was such a blast. The music was the instrumental soundtrack of the game. It felt so awesome to see them play the actual music live.

Oh, and of course I met Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael), and Shawn Fonteno (Franklin).  :D  I'll see if I can post the pictures.

There's gonna be an event at 8 PM today at 144 W. 66th Street (Lincoln Center) at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center that will be about the game's music. The event is free to the public.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51453/rockstar-games-to-present-grand-theft-auto-v-at-the-new-york-fil.html

The Amphitheater at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center will also play host to a special edition of NYFF LIVE, a free-to-the-public event discussing the music of GTAV on Tuesday, October 1st at 8PM, featuring all of the game’s composers as well as our own soundtrack supervisor and moderated by Ryan Schreiber, founder of Pitchfork Media.

Played some GTA Online this morning. It's very addicting with the missions and all the things you can do, with even more stuff coming. Definitely worth the wait from the release date of the actual game.

At least you were able to play... I tried to get online this morning and couldn't get a single mission or even free roam... I will try again in a few mins...

Got this game yesterday, its pretty fun so far, although I noticed the Cops are much more annoying in this game compared to the older GTA's... takes much longer to lose the wanted level when you're out of sight. They also made them smarter as well, yesterday they boxed me in so my truck couldn't move and my character got shot and killed.  But I also noticed that when you don't have a wanted level you hardly ever see police cars and out and about, except when you're driving on the highway in the rural areas and the cops are on the side of the road like state troopers.

I'm shocked they put several different models of buses in the game. You would have thought that they would put one generic bus in the game so they could have several military vehicles like the Tank and other specialty vehicles. But hey as a transit fan I'm not complaining :D

They was also pretty generous with the Airplanes... got a CR7 and 747 in the game in addition to those private planes you get with the Trevor character in the game. The railroad tracks having signals was a nice touch as well.

Story line wise, I have about 90% completed!

Online wise, I was able to finally make it past the first mission about 2 days ago... I will say that besides all of the glitches, GTA Online is pretty fun!

On a side note, Rockstar has released a patch for the PS3... A patch for the Xbox 360 will be coming out soon according to them...

Playing this game I noticed in Los Stanos the Bridges at the bottom of the map look similar to the Bridges in SI... The one closest to the Airport reminds me of the Verrazano Bridge and second one looks some kind of hybrid of the Outerbridge/Bayonne/Goethals Bridges. I wonder if these bridges were originally supposed to be in IV but Rockstar took them out once they made the decision that they wasn't going to put Staten Island in the game because it was "too boring".

The Verrazano knockoff can even be seen from far away thought the city like in real life...

And it turns out they do have the Tank in the game, the AI used it against me in a heist mission and YT videos showing how to steal one from the base in the game.

It would've been nice if they had the GWB connecting 'manhattan' to Jersey instead of that generic bridge (seems more like that Queens-roosevelt is bridge).

I love how the ai tank actually fires the turret at you now instead of just chasing you. On one hand, makes it harder, on the other, it makes tank chases more fun. I so gotta get this game...

Playing this game I noticed in Los Stanos the Bridges at the bottom of the map look similar to the Bridges in SI... The one closest to the Airport reminds me of the Verrazano Bridge and second one looks some kind of hybrid of the Outerbridge/Bayonne/Goethals Bridges. I wonder if these bridges were originally supposed to be in IV but Rockstar took them out once they made the decision that they wasn't going to put Staten Island in the game because it was "too boring".

The Verrazano knockoff can even be seen from far away thought the city like in real life...

And it turns out they do have the Tank in the game, the AI used it against me in a heist mission and YT videos showing how to steal one from the base in the game.

That bridge near the LS airport is not based on the Verrazano... It's based off the Vincent Thomas bridge in LA...

Yes, the tank is in the game... If you want a personal one, You'll need an airplane hanger and save up 3 mil... Or if you're more daring, go to Fort Zancudo and attempt to steal one (Which is very hard without the invincibility cheat code...) You'll still need a hanger though...

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got the brand-new PC version of the game.  I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with the map in GTA V, the graphics, even the gameplay.  The freight train and the tram are okay, but they could have been done a bit better (I miss the look of the subway in GTA IV, and being able to drive the train in GTA SA was pretty great too).  The  low floor bus is so-so; I would have preferred if they had just carried over the bus design from GTA 4 to be honest.  But the one thing that does suck is that although there's a lot of new cars (my favorite being the civilian version of the taxi/police car), they ended up cutting a lot of cars that were meant to be carried over from GTA 4 to 5.  I miss being able to escape the cops while driving a parody of a 1970s mid-size sedan LOL... But I'm just glad that they did a better job with this PC version then the last one (4 was very badly ported); it's pretty great. 

• 4 years later...