R40 Slants Rusting away (Transit Museum) 11/21/12

R33WF

I know where these cars were stored...however I do not want to tell - I'll keep it a secret.

Anyways, as far as the dirty floor is concerned - once the museum crew cleans it all up, they will open the doors for the customers - should be ready by next week.

I wonder if hurricane sandy caused any rust typical nor easter rain and snow etc (Just a thought if they kept it outside)

But seriously damn what the hell is wrong with the MTA for letting them rot like that these trains are in the museum for a reason.

Nice pics.

What's the alternative? The cars are were/are in bad shape and that's why they were retired! Shall we scrap 4280/81)?

However, there is no reason for a dirty floor. Mop it!

9068 (before):

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?30763

9068 (after):

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?37617

Should've stuck with stainless steel.

What has the (MTA) in mind?!? Are they going to just let these historic trains rust as though they were worthless CRAP?!??

Well, if the NTT foamers are to be believed, then they are worthless crap :P

I know where these cars were stored...however I do not want to tell - I'll keep it a secret.

Why?

Anyways, as far as the dirty floor is concerned - once the museum crew cleans it all up, they will open the doors for the customers - should be ready by next week.

If you know where they were stored but don't want to tell, then why did you waste our time writing that? Next time keep you stupid comments to yourself.

I guess "preserved" doesn't mean preserved. Damn, and I thought the 42s looked terrible. It looks like the front end is about to fall off in that close up shot. They are going to need some serious dough to fix these old dogs.

Nice pics btw. Just wish the content photographed didn't look so pitiful.

Nice shots R33WF.

Damn, they deteriorated with indoor storage? :wacko:

No.....they were already rusting before the museum touched them. In fact, aside from that disgusting floor, the cars dont look that much worse than when they left service. The (MTA) will probably do a rehab of some sort on a later date.

Archived