Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Take a Ride on the 2012 Holiday Nostalgia Train!

[float=left]post-5097-0-31092000-1353588460_thumb.jpg[/float]It’s back by popular demand! Subway customers can once again take a ride back in time between Queens and Lower Manhattan along the m.png line through the holiday season.

The Holiday Nostalgia Train is made up of subway cars in service from 1932 until 1977. Ceiling fans, padded seats and incandescent light bulbs were state-of-the-art when these cars were first placed in service.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-31092000-1353588460_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 9

Is it possible to lock this thread? Another thread has been started talking about this, which has over 20 comments, including what subway cars are filling up the vacancy at the NY Transit Museum.

Link: http://www.nyctransi...hopper-special/

No.

Edited by DJ MC
  • Upvote 2

Is it possible to lock this thread? Another thread has been started talking about this, which has over 20 comments, including what subway cars are filling up the vacancy at the NY Transit Museum.

Quit trying to do the moderator's job, especially when the thread is STARTED by a moderator! Locking threads is stupid and counter-productive to the purpose of having a forum in the first place.

• Upvote 10

Too bad it's only on Sunday's...I'll have to miss it this year...

I missed it last year because it was only on Saturdays, maybe next year theyll switch it to saturday and you will be able to attend.

I missed it last year because it was only on Saturdays, maybe next year theyll switch it to saturday and you will be able to attend.

I don't think I'll be able to pick Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon RDO's in the foreseeable future lol. I'll be alright.

I don't think I'll be able to pick Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon RDO's in the foreseeable future lol. I'll be alright.

What I would do, and this may only work next year is this, put in for time off for one of the days the holiday train runs, then you will be able to go :)

There are also NYC Transit Museum events where they run the classic trains.

What I would do, and this may only work next year is this, put in for time off for one of the days the holiday train runs, then you will be able to go :)

There are also NYC Transit Museum events where they run the classic trains.

That is primarily during the summer months. Last year there were a total of 3 trips - July 1st was on the Lo-Vs (IRT, A Division) to Brooklyn - July 29th to Coney Island and August 12 to the Rockaways.

In addition, because of the All-Star game taking place at Citi Field this year, they may also be running the TOMC on the Flushing line as well!