Relaying at Parkchester

nostalgia

The (7) is 24 TPH, which is about 5-6 minutes.

There are 60 minutes in an hour if I'm not mistaken. Elementary division shows that 60 divided by 30 is 2 and that 60 divided by 20 is 3. 24 trains per hour, being in between 20 and 30, must yield a headway of 2 to 3 minutes.

There are 60 minutes in an hour if I'm not mistaken. Elementary division shows that 60 divided by 30 is 2 and that 60 divided by 20 is 3. 24 trains per hour, being in between 20 and 30, must yield a headway of 2 to 3 minutes.

3.24 trains per hour??? The decimal point must be in the wrong place. A headway every three minutes is 20 trains per hour and a headway of every two minutes is 30 trains per hour. But Flushing has multiple tracks. That must factor somehow into the equation.

Reread his post more carefully. He did not type 3.24.

"Elementary division shows that 60 divided by 30 is 2 and that 60 divided by 20 is 3.

24 trains per hour, being in between 20 and 30, must yield a headway of 2 to 3 minutes."

If the poster wrote "Elementary division shows that 60 divided by 30 is 2 and that 60 divided by 20 is 3.

Twenty four trains per hour, being in between 20 and 30, must yield a headway of 2 to 3 minutes." I would have realized there were two sentences, not one. Somewhere, there is a grammatical rule that numbers that begin a sentence should be spelled, not written as digits.

If the poster wrote "Elementary division shows that 60 divided by 30 is 2 and that 60 divided by 20 is 3.

Twenty four trains per hour, being in between 20 and 30, must yield a headway of 2 to 3 minutes." I would have realized there were two sentences, not one. Somewhere, there is a grammatical rule that numbers that begin a sentence should be spelled, not written as digits.

Why must we nitpick?

This shouldn't be the place to be quoting grammar rules...

That shows nit picking you can call it what you want(I didn't understand) but you did nit pick in this reply...

Guys: we're not writing checks or storybooks here. Many publications, for example in science, spell out only single-digit numbers, and some none at all.

People who usually do that tend to alienate others not everybody is perfect but i agree. Now getting back on topic the number is closer to 25 trains an Hr actually. You got intervals that arrive on the half minute in some spots...

People who usually do that tend to alienate others not everybody is perfect but i agree. Now getting back on topic the number is closer to 25 trains an Hr actually. You got intervals that arrive on the half minute in some spots...

I agree with that. At Hunterspoint ave it seems a train comes every minute or less at some points during the rush.

Archived