Subway Surfing on a whole new level

pelhamlocal

MetroBackride.jpg

How is this surfing? The action of surfing implies that you are on top of something- in this case the train. These people aren't surfing, they're riding on the back of the train. Even the link you posted says back-riding. The two terms ,subway surfing and back riding, are not synonymous with each other.

Even tho its a safety hazard and maybe illegal [if the law applies, gotta be careful...)... A lot of interesting things happen in Europe... A lot.... Lucky them! I can't complain... It ain't as worst as this I'll tell ya that lol:

20p7fhc.jpg

(sorta looks like the Amtrak Hell Gate Line, even though it ain't)

Gotta check out Europe someday...

Even tho its a safety hazard and maybe illegal [if the law applies, gotta be careful...)... A lot of interesting things happen in Europe... A lot.... Lucky them! I can't complain... It ain't as worst as this I'll tell ya that lol:

20p7fhc.jpg

All of South East Asia is like that!

WTFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously if it's like that then they should outright BAN non double decker trains!!!!!!!! PERIOD ALL SHOULD BE MULTI-LEVEL AND 15 CARS LONG AND EVERY 15 MINS ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!! IN INDIA AT LEAST!!!!

It all comes down to they dont have money for the service they need!

WTFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously if it's like that then they should outright BAN non double decker trains!!!!!!!! PERIOD ALL SHOULD BE MULTI-LEVEL AND 15 CARS LONG AND EVERY 15 MINS ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!! IN INDIA AT LEAST!!!!

Well Mumbai Suburban Railway carries 7.2 million people a day on many emu trains (called "rakes") that vary from 9,12 and 15-car sets. I read that a 9-car set, capacity of 1,700 passengers, could easily see 4000+ people. Trains run every 4-5 minutes during Peak Hours on the suburban lines. It's just they don't have enough supply to meet their demand. Not to mention the fact that 3,700 people die on their system every year (many from getting hit by or falling off trains) Hopefully that Metrorail and Monorail system their constructing there will help make things better.

<PICTURE>

How the hell is this even legal? And how the f*ck is the driver supposed to see? That is crazy.

(image)

How is this surfing? The action of surfing implies that you are on top of something- in this case the train. These people aren't surfing, they're riding on the back of the train. Even the link you posted says back-riding. The two terms ,subway surfing and back riding, are not synonymous with each other.

Gotcha, there is a difference between back riding and surfing. But I thought subway surfing can also apply to riding outside on the side of the train hanging on the frames of the doors. With the MTA that's how they define it according to their ads that they were posting on revenue equipment some time back.

Like this:

. surf-the-train.jpg

And this:

144251525_f9924421d8.thumbnail.jpg

* Not my pics! Googled it.

<image>

Gotcha, there is a difference between back riding and surfing. But I thought subway surfing can also apply to riding outside on the side of the train hanging on the frames of the doors. With the MTA that's how they define it according to their ads that they were posting on revenue equipment some time back.

Like this:

. surf-the-train.jpg

And this:

144251525_f9924421d8.thumbnail.jpg

* Not my pics! Googled it.

All of South East Asia is like that!

You meant South Asia (India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc.)? Not South East Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Phillipines, Malaysia etc.)?

I am aware about India for a long time concerning this problem., saw videos and accounts by word of mouth about the dangerous conditions on the Indian railways. But not so sure about South East Asia and surfing/back riding even though it is most likely happening with the kids there doing it for kicks too if we still have this problem in our own backyard.

Gotcha, there is a difference between back riding and surfing.

Both are increadibly dangerous, especially in Soviet metro that tend to run and break fast.

It is less dangerous in South Asia because trains are slow and drivers are accustomed by this and so they tend to be cautious.

Back riding is unknown in European train, kids in the first picture are just completely stupid and risk their lives.

Archived