Wait times for the 20 busiest routes

JubaionBx12+SBS

I don't get the sense he was just talking about the M15's & the M101's of the world (the STRONGEST ridershipped ones).... He didn't have to talk about the stronger utilized routes to say that he's never seen a bus that didn't get high ridership - You're only saying that because it would fortify your (embellished) stance.....

In any case, you said that people utilize buses north of the area CDTA gave (which was 70th) due to ppl. being poorer "hence ridership for buses" & due to subway coverage being lax....

....and I'm telling you that people being poorer is much ado about nothing b/c the people that aren't as poor still utilize buses up in that area.... It's nothin more than sifting for reasons to support the point of people generally not giving a damn about manhattan's buses & it being all about the subway.....

This holds true in the UES not refuting this as it is true and your point.

Where do you get these assumptions from, rail over bus stereotypes? You'd be suprised how many tourists are more willing to use/favoring bus over subway, myself included.

Agreed. Buses let you take in the sights, even if they're slower.

I guess you haven't looked at the ridership numbers for Manhattan bus routes. Most routes have very high ridership to be honest.

Exactly.

This holds true in the UES not refuting this as it is true and your point.

Most Manhattan routes have decent ridership and cost-efficiency, not just the ones on the UES.

Bus ridership is much less than subway ridership. You're right that a large percentage of subway riders probably consider the bus an afterthought. Back when I was a kid, I walked along 34th Street plenty of times, and saw the M16 & M34, but I could care less where they went. I was much more interested in where the different subway lines went. I'm sure a lot of subway riders are like that. But the percentage of subway riders that also take the bus (in addition to the Manhattanites who use the bus) means that most Manhattan routes get decent ridership.

Archived