Express buses on the Bx23 Line??

StevenFrancis

I guess riders of the Bx23 Co-Op City Loop line have been getting comfortable rides recently because recently I've seen the cruiser buses on the Bx23 line, and for those who live in Co-Op City should've also seen this, as a surprise, they all came out after Sandy, I wonder why they are operating on a local line not an express line?

I guess riders of the Bx23 Co-Op City Loop line have been getting comfortable rides recently because recently I've seen the cruiser buses on the Bx23 line, and for those who live in Co-Op City should've also seen this, as a surprise, they all came out after Sandy, I wonder why they are operating on a local line not an express line?

I rode one of those buses (7425) this morning. :)

I don't understand why ECH Storage buses always go to LGA/ENY (RTSes) or Staten Island (MCIs) when you've got Eastchester often short up there. Makes for some interesting rides, I guess.

There was about 1-2 buses from EC that were sent down to S.I to make up for service. 6253 with EC decals is in S.I along with another.

The minute ECH got those local routes, I said to myself, watch there's gonna come a time when they're gonna start throwing the expresses on em.... I'm just waiting for the day they'll end up showing up on the Q50 too.....

Word has it that one has actually shown up on the Q50....don't take that seriously though.

The minute ECH got those local routes, I said to myself, watch there's gonna come a time when they're gonna start throwing the expresses on em.... I'm just waiting for the day they'll end up showing up on the Q50 too.....

It already happened, Saw one on the Q50 before sandy. They had 6012 2 weeks after sandy from Eastchester.

So they're short because they're giving all of their local buses away to other depots? I ask that because they supposedly have pretty good maintenance so is that the only reason or are their local buses failing as well?

They also have pretty old buses.

They also have pretty old buses.

I personally think the (MTA) should rethink how they go about calculating the average age of buses each depot has because one problem with Eastchester is their express bus fleet isn't terribly old with some being from 2007 and the buses are well kept, but the average age for the local buses (since they don't have that many) is high, but with them putting the fleet of the express buses with the local buses, the average age doesn't look terrible when in fact they have some aging local buses.

Archived