Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
PinePower

We can drive it home with one headlight

IMO, it's ok, as long as it went back to the depot after the run was completed. I was on an M60 once, and at Amsterdam Ave the passenger side windshield wiper broke, and we had to wait for the next M60. It was really agitating.

Nah, in all seriousness though, they are beating the crap out of every single one of those buses over there, they're not looking as good as they used to!! LOL

And believe me, I see those buses on the N20/21 every day I go out!

• Upvote 2

Strangely enough most of the Orion Vs look and sound better. NICE has been polishing the Alcoas and boy do they look good when they're clean.

I saw a V a couple of months, the paint was shining and my god it looked good, it was only the dingy "nassau stripe" that really took away from the looks. That bus looked so good I wished some of the V's would be kept and painted or wrapped in the nice livery or at least take off the ugly stripe and just keep the nice logos. That would look so good!

Wow, really? If something like that happens it should be back to the depot for repair IMMEDIATELY... *sigh*

Only in a perfect world, and we all know this isnt a prefect world!

• Upvote 1

Strangely enough most of the Orion Vs look and sound better. NICE has been polishing the Alcoas and boy do they look good when they're clean.

I agree, the 1700s, especially 1700-1760 are in bad shape. I dont think those were built as well as the V's to begin with. And I still hate those seats!

I've been told by a driver that among other defects the 1700s have, headlights have loose cables. Definately not Orion's best work.

Oh boy, there aren't a thousand other cars with their headlights on...

Well, not to side with anyone in particular here, but the fact that the pic was taken on the n27 is a bit bad because Roslyn Rd has no streetlights and is pitch dark at night. I do believe in a situation like that, headlights are suggested.