MTA LIB Accidents

Burrstone

OP -> let's talk about MTA accidents, since Veolia's had a couple

First Post -> suck nuts comment

Mish-Mosh

And now, how to improve the system by cuts. Oh boy, how fast that one... uh... de-roaded.

I'm kind of busy, I'll post some soon... ...and how quick we are to write off a MTA LIB running a stop and hitting a school bus. God forbid that happened under nice, that thread would be on fire about how unsafe veolia is, how nice sucks, and that the MTA should come back because accidents (like this wouldn't happen under the MTA.

It's funny you say nice had a couple of accidents too, both with experienced drivers who came from over from the MTA. Everyone jumps to the conclusion that it was a some inexperienced, dangerous hack that Veolia hired and the driver was at fault. People go on and on and all the assuming was for nothing...

Oh, and then everyone loves to bring maintenance into the discussion. Assuming like they know for a fact that Veolia is cutting maintenance to dangerous levels to save money. However, everyone forgets last year when MTA LIB didn't have enough buses because a good amount of their buses were failing DOT inspections, the minimum saftey required to keep the public and passengers safe. Yea, but Veolia's maintenance sucks. LMAO!

Even though I don't agree with most of those ideas, NICE may be able to reduce service on the n80/81 now with Schmidt out of office, and may decide to reduce on some of the others too.

Here we go again with the highway HOV ideas...

Wrong HOV already exists on LIE in both directions so it is a bus service Idea. Not highway idea. Only 3 NYC highways I can think of need HOV those are BQE, Harlem river or I-87 (rush hr) and weekends. And LIE that's it. I don't understand why you discount the need to speed up express buses BXM (sort-of) and QM lines.?

This thread was a train wreck since the start. Back to the topic, how many of MTA's accident were the fault of MTA. If anything blame the dumbasses in Nassau and their shitty driving.

lmao

Oh, and then everyone loves to bring maintenance into the discussion. Assuming like they know for a fact that Veolia is cutting maintenance to dangerous levels to save money. However, everyone forgets last year when MTA LIB didn't have enough buses because a good amount of their buses were failing DOT inspections, the minimum saftey required to keep the public and passengers safe. Yea, but Veolia's maintenance sucks. LMAO!

All the county's fault cause nassau restricted the lines that can be cut so veolia only has so much to cut AND MUST MEET THE BUDGET requirements. maybe GCP between homelawn and jewel since jewel it too short for buses to pass under.

n74 - duplicated by n70/71/72 along Hempstead Turnpike

n57- duplicated by n58, low ridership

The ridership on the N57 actually isn't that low.

For the N74, I think you mean it duplicates the N73. The few blocks it spends with the N70/71/72 is irrelevant.

I think it should be kept, and the N73 should be eliminated instead, since the N74 serves the hospital.

Archived