Nova RTS' at MTA Bus

JOrion3741

All buses in MTA have turbos, but when you say mysterious turbos, you mean like the turbo stutters or acts funny? If so I know what you mean, VII CNGs do it in heavy rain.

well you know to me it seems faster becuase...... you know when the bus starts theres the transmission sound right, then if you pedal on the gas (not braking) you normally hear a shift or a noise (whatevery you call it) switching to another gear. well those bus numbers i posted are just clear. they start and stop with out anything other transmission engine-made sound noise.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well you know to me it seems faster becuase...... you know when the bus starts theres the transmission sound right, then if you pedal on the gas (not braking) you normally hear a shift or a noise (whatevery you call it) switching to another gear. well those bus numbers i posted are just clear. they start and stop with out anything other transmission engine-made sound noise.
Allison transmissions tend to make a sound when shifting gears, best heard on Orion V CNGs shifting to 3rd. My 5765 video also has a part where it makes a shifting sound, though it's more late and different than other D60HFs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jJhYFadC8

Skip to 3:17 or so.

UPDATE: Early today i was well... taking pics of Ulmer (soon to be in a thread) when i caught up with my firend. Heres the update, Ulmer is going to rehab beginning in the month of Nov/Dec 2008. they will still have Ulmer buses directed out of Ulmer bus lot. All express buses will stay and most likely B6, and B64. B1 is maybe to move to JG. B3 to Flatbush, and b36 and B74 with a 50% chance of going someplace else or staying. for buses ewith troubles they would go to JG to repair and MCIs soemwhere in Manhattan. He told me this might happen; that's what their discussed plans right now. if they do choose to repair the lot then B6 to ENY and MCI to Manhattan and Brooklyn.

What can I say LGA is the BOMB!!! Keep the Novas coming!!! I can't wait for the 9400-9600 series to show up next!!! That will be happening in the near future!
They're not the bomb, well then again I won't be suprised to see a TMC from there go on fire then explode...Thier buses are so crap. :P

A couple of months ago I wouldn't say anything but today I have to say that LGA is getting better. Here is the proof, buses don't have tape holding lights anymore, a/c's work and a lot of them are looking cleaner. Maybe it's just me but in my opinion they should be able to keep these buses in good shape. Maybe I'm just a little tired.

UPDATE: Early today i was well... taking pics of Ulmer (soon to be in a thread) when i caught up with my firend. Heres the update, Ulmer is going to rehab beginning in the month of Nov/Dec 2008. they will still have Ulmer buses directed out of Ulmer bus lot. All express buses will stay and most likely B6, and B64. B1 is maybe to move to JG. B3 to Flatbush, and b36 and B74 with a 50% chance of going someplace else or staying. for buses ewith troubles they would go to JG to repair and MCIs soemwhere in Manhattan. He told me this might happen; that's what their discussed plans right now. if they do choose to repair the lot then B6 to ENY and MCI to Manhattan and Brooklyn.

The B1 will be moved the 2 lines i know are not moving is the B64, B74 due to the location there is no other depot that's close to service these lines.The B6 is 50% on stay or being Split between ENY the X25, X27/37,X28/38,X29 could go to MJQ or SC is they wanna keep the MCI in BK.The B3 can move to FLA if need be as well as the B36 or Keep the MCI stored @ JG and serviced @ UP just a few ideas.

Hey B6, any more 9300s leaving? Maybe your friend knows? 9319 had some smoke coming out of the engine dont worry it didnt catch fire today. And it was spitting up a ton of white smoke from the muffler. Also all the 9300s no longer have the front commercial adds.:D

well he didn't tell me about it but a lot of 93xx in Ulmer are getting fixed or checked. some ulmer 93xx have ads unless you're talking about (MTA) bus. i do know that 9303 left unassigned to any depot. maybe its on its way to LGA.

Any RTS's at Ulmer would likely go to Flatbush or East New York for repair, as Gleason only repairs New Flyers and Orions now.

What can I say LGA is the BOMB!!! Keep the Novas coming!!! I can't wait for the 9400-9600 series to show up next!!! That will be happening in the near future!

Oh hellz no! LGA maintenance is still shotty, and if a large number of buses in the 9350-9699 range go to LGA or MTA Bus it will not be any time soon.

Jorion, did you hear from any one any about the 1998 Novas 9350-9699 going to LGA? Wow thats weird. :confused:

I don't want my 9500's or 9600's to go to MTA Bus at all.

Well, Guess What ENY, They are coming! Trust me!

Noooooooooo!!! At least not until late 2009!!! I know it's inevitable, and a nice chunk of them will end up at Bus, but not yet!! The Good Life is coming to an end! Oh well, as long as 8600-8703 retire at MJQ and ENY then I will live.

The only RTSs that LGA is receiving are the 1997 Novas...ie the 9300s from Jamaica and UP. 9303 is probably bound for JFK.

Take em!!

On the flipside, I would love to see some Nova's at Spring Creek, JFK, and Far Rockaway!

UPDATE/EDIT: damn............9303 never left, 9318 did. it went to (MTA) bus not sure about which depot but the buses that came from MJQ to UP was well 5 buses. not sure about the number but i did see 8989 on B3 so..........more buses/updates soon!

WHAT??:eek: 8989 is now at UP?? Thats interesting.

Note to all: I changed the name of this thread for obvious reasons.

Archived