Nova RTS' at MTA Bus

JOrion3741

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok< i havent been on here in a while but i guess this is the best time to play catch up. i too noticed Novas at LGA when i was working in jackson heights. I just started working back in greenwich village and noticed something weird.... it rolled by so quick and i was so stuck on stupid i couldnt snap a quick photo....a RTS numbered 83xx on the M5 with MV stickers and still sporting the MTA Bus logo. WTF??? with all these weird moves is it possible that now with the formation of a centralized MTA DOB that the moves are to familiarize all the depots with the various types of buses and for milage evening???? Could this be the next step for one solo MTA bus company? its a thought that just ran across my mind

All of the 9300s at LGA have hard seats. however, 9320 DID come to LGA with soft seats. A driver friend of mine spotted the seats being swapped. He asked the mechanic why they were changing the seats?B6 do you have any pics of 9311, 9314, 9338-9341 by any chance?:D

No, I never got above 9337 or have anything of 9311, 9314, i have a memory of, but it's gonna take me a while to dig deep into my album,:(

Sounds cool to me keep digging for those pics. Lol. Soon all? not sure about that. The 9300s will be here at LGA. Lol. Sorry to do that to you. If you miss them that much come up here to Queens. :)

nah it's okay.

5 Buses has been transferred to Ulmer Park from Yukon.

One of the buses is 9384... can you think of the rest?

9382, 3, 5, 6? perhaps 5 more lower 9300s are going to LGA? When did these higher 9300s come in? B6, Thank you for the info.

Heh, i don't need you to guess, it's 9384-9388. o rode on 9384 and the ride was slick!; everything else was kinda loose, due to being at SI for some time, from what my buddy told me. no 9300s are not going to LGA, althought more and more are hiding in the depot building itself, instead of streets. the higher 9300s, i have no idea but porbabaly the night of Monday to Friday. maybe saturday. be on the lookout for more buses:)

I think it will be all Orion/MCI eventually[/b]' date=' unless Charleston Depot gets New Flyer Artics. If they get the Orion X Artic then it will definitely all Orion/MCI.[/quote']

It better not. It would be boring to fan there again, SI needs diversity, and fast! >:(

Artics @ SI would be very....very interesting. Hell, imagine a DE60LFR @ staten island mall, or the hospital, over the verrazano bridge, even St.George Ferry Terminal !!

It better not. It would be boring to fan there again, SI needs diversity, and fast! >;)

Artics @ SI would be very....very interesting. Hell, imagine a DE60LFR @ staten island mall, or the hospital, over the verrazano bridge, even St.George Ferry Terminal !!

Now that would be That Deal!!

B6 and others,please disregard my rant about the Novas leaving LGA. As it turns out another one has arrived to LGA. looks to be 9345 or 9346? I ll have to try and check tommorrow. B6, sorry to bug you there however, do you have a more updated list of the U.P. 9300s with the hard seats by any chance?If you do many thanks. :) Im sure there are some "hiding" in that depot.

As it turns out 9345 or 9346 didnt arrive to LGA. The "mystery" bus that did come to LGA is 9340. Thank you B6. lol. Im not sure if this one has soft seats B6?:confused:

LOL 9341 has also been sent to LGA. I think nothing is moving for a long time and will take maybe the 92xx or 88xx series buses. Thats what Ulmer wants to do. the list of hard seats is...

9301, 9305, 9309, 9313 (Platformed), 9314, 9324, 9330.

Hey B6, are you serious about 9341 coming to LGA? Wow I didnt see it there. Is it on its way now? Very interesting about the the 88s and 92s Maybe next. Cool Thanks BTW.:D

No i was jsut joking around and seeing if Subchatters poking around here will believe me. and they did, haha. seriously Ulmer still have 30 buses extra, half of them are suburbs and that is not something to laught about. if they are sending anything else over, it better not be suburbs, thought i am 75% positive it is.

Archived