Photos of suspect in fatal subway push

Abba

The headline is definitely excessive...

Funny how we sometimes think "that'd never happen to me" if we would one day find ourselves on the tracks with a train barreling down towards us. But the reality is, in the heat of the moment not everyone can think clearly and avoid such a fatal ending like this guy did. Many people paralyze with fear.

This is utterly disgusting.

nypost_20121204_3_001_C_3%20copy--300x300.jpg

Nice headline you morons. I dont know how the victim's family wouldve felt if they saw this. This headline is literally saying "we need to go on, since it happened. "

Seeing someone be killed in person is really traumatizing for people. It's not like the movies where they have fake blood and stuff.

I know the family will not recover the loss of a family member, but I wish the best for them.

Lets see the photographer have guilt and nightmares on this, an if he doesn't, then I have no words to say how disgraceful that is.

I initially thought this picture was photoshopped, but realizing that this is the actual picture just straight up pisses me off

is there hope in humanity these days?

I initially thought this picture was photoshopped, but realizing that this is the actual picture just straight up pisses me off

is there hope in humanity these days?

Hey the NY Post is owned by "Mr Fox News/Fox TV" Owner Rupert Murdock. Anything to add to his multi billion dollar profit. :o

Hey the NY Post is owned by "Mr Fox News/Fox TV" Owner Rupert Murdock. Anything to add to his multi billion dollar profit. :o

He may be the owner, but not even every owner knows what their lieutenants are doing on the lower levels till it's too late. Of course this is another black eye for the Post, but I wouldn't say he would've been behind it.

Story has now received national news attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2...eath/?hpt=hp_t3

Actually, the TODAY show had a discussion on this yesterday morning (before the suspect was caught) as they were trying to help, actually apologizing to their audience in other parts of the country for breaking format to run with that briefly. They talked about why no one tried to help the man.

That said, what the picture (however disgusting that was) did show to me anyway was if he had been able to get over between the local and express tracks at 49th Street, he might very well have not been hit. It has also been reported that the man had a fight with his wife about 90 minutes before this and in the report according to ger could have been drinking, and if so that could have impaired him to where he might not have realized going between tracks might have saved him (as long as there was enough space for him to stay there until the train(s) safely passed).

The Photographer should be charged with involuntary Manslaughter....

That was so unacceptable. Just for the sake of a eye catching headline. The photographer will be blacklisted in the media world (good luck to him finding a new job) AND fired that's for sure I imagine. And the NY Post will be sued. They should!

Now everybody sees why I'm always ripping that tabloid of the newspaper NY Post, with journalists who writes at a 2nd grade reading comprehension level?! The NY post is good for nothing more than to line your hamster cage with, soak up dog pee in your apartment or wipe your butt cheeks with with you have to take a sh*t and cant find the roll of toilet paper. I can't find any other use for this newspaper as it is. Any ideas?

That's it. I'm sticking with the New York Times or NY1 on the net for local news. It doesn't report like I'm reading a comic.

That was so unacceptable. Just for the sake of a eye catching headline. The photographer will be blacklisted in the media world (good luck to him finding a new job) AND fired that's for sure I imagine. And the NY Post will be sued. They should!

Now everybody sees why I'm always ripping that tabloid of the newspaper NY Post, with journalists who writes at a 2nd grade reading comprehension level?! The NY post is good for nothing more than to line your hamster cage with, soak up dog pee in your apartment or wipe your butt cheeks with with you have to take a sh*t and cant find the roll of toilet paper. I can't find any other use for this newspaper as it is. Any ideas?

That's it. I'm sticking with the New York Times or NY1 on the net for local news. It doesn't report like I'm reading a comic.

Don't forget the NY Daily News as well.They good for breaking (MTA) news first w/ the city's only full time transit newspaper reporter at a major daily working for them. If the NYPost would become more like sister tv station "Fox 5" in choice of stories/how to cover them, then they would get more respect in the journalism world and most of the public.

Back to the sad incident. Even if the guy who was tragically killed was "drunk" there was no right for him to be pushed. That either 1st degree manslaughter or even at least 3rd degree murder.

From the CNN article: (emphasis mine)

"Reached by CNN, Abbasi was adamant that he would talk to the network only for pay."

I'm sorry, that seals the deal for me, but I think this man, this photographer, is damn near pure evil and should be harshly, swiftly and fully prosecuted.

It was wrong for the Post to do it, but it is the Post. They are in the business of selling papers. You want news? Read The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal or The Washington Post.

1 little problem Andrew. Rupert Mudrock and his same company that owns the Post, also brought the Wall Street Journal couple of years back. Pretty much in America, it now down to only 6-7 global communications companies Comcast=NBC News & MSNBC Mudrock=NY Post, Wall Street Journal and Fox TV/Fox News, Disney=ABC News Viacom=CBS news and Time Warner=CNN controling about 90% of America tv news landscape. :o

Theoretically, how is the post still in operation? Do people actually buy it for the purpose of reading?!

People still buy it 'cause it's cheaper than most papers, although my dad dislikes them. There's been times when my dad just buys the Daily News instead of the Post.

I haven't liked the Post for a gooood while now...

Hate to put it like this, but this is what our society has become.....

I don't even wanna hear the photographer's defense as to why he took the pic, and on top of it, the rhode scholars that thought it would be such a good idea to plaster this on the front page of a newspaper.... I don't remember the last time I read the post (my grandma used to pick them up before she retired; which was like 10 yrs or so ago), but to be honest, I seldom read newspapers anymore - not even the little free ones......

As for this cover, in a word... Tasteless.

Mr. Abbasi went on this morning (12/5/12) "Today" show to defend himself in taking those now infamous pics.

Only confirmed what I already knew: this guy is a sleazebag, end of. This ludicrous defense that a camera flash is now the universal sign for Person on Tracks Stop Train (when in reality it only blinds the T/O), this complete ignorance of responsibility, the fact that he admits to stopping on the platform to get his shot when the guy was in the tracks for 30 seconds, the fact he was only one-two car lengths away, and the worst, this idea that he didn't sell the pictures but instead "licensed the images?" Is this guy for real? Actually, I can answer that. He is. And he's disgusting.

Oh BTW another thing to add to this sad story the man could have been drunk....

Which can explain a few things as well.. :(

So true. Quite a number of times I wiuld observe riders on the trains in particular high on drugs or drunk out of their mind. I saw one woman smoking crack between the cars! It is what it is I guess, this is NYC the most chaotic city in the universe.

To add: I saved a drunk person coming fro the clubs on 14th st. He would had got hit by a (L) train and been mauled to death had I not follow my split second thinking and forcibly drag his ass to the center of the platform from the path of the incoming R160 train, moving fast with CBTC and all. This happened on the last stop on the (L) @ 8th Ave. So yeah....

The person who also really irks me off is the newsstand lady named Liz Willis. For those of you who don't know. Liz Willis recgonized the murderer hours after the incident, but REFUSED to turn him in because she did not want to be labeled a "rat." What an incompetent piece of trash. You rather let a killer run loose on the streets instead of being labeled a "rat." Holy shit. The audacity of some people. Lets see how much YOU would like someone letting the killer of a close family member loose cause they didn't want to be labeled a rat.

People like Liz Willis simply do not deserve to live.

The person who also really irks me off is the newsstand lady named Liz Willis. For those of you who don't know. Liz Willis recgonized the murderer hours after the incident, but REFUSED to turn him in because she did not want to be labeled a "rat." What an incompetent piece of trash. You rather let a killer run loose on the streets instead of being labeled a "rat." Holy shit. The audacity of some people. Lets see how much YOU would like someone letting the killer of a close family member loose cause they didn't want to be labeled a rat.

People like Liz Willis simply do not deserve to live.

Yes Liz Willis sounds like a jerk. However Yankeespwnmets calm down again on your tone.

Well, a few things.

- I definitely don't buy this BS that he was flashing the camera to warn the T/O. Yeah, and those flashes were conveniently pointed directly towards the guy who fell on the tracks. :rolleyes: If you're really that concerned with alerting the T/O, you point the camera away, so he sees the flash without being blinded by it. (Not that flashing lights really help anyway. I mean, with lights flickering and electric sparks jumping from the third rail and things like that, the T/O isn't going to know why he's flashing the lights). He's not fooling anybody with that crap. If he wants to justify it by saying that it could be used as evidence, well, not that I'd really buy that either, but it would definitely be better than "I was warning the T/O)

- But to tell, the truth, in this day and age, I'm not surprised that somebody would rather take a video (or in this case, a photo), rather than go out and find a way to help. Do I think it's wrong? Yes, but I'm definitely not surprised.

- I also like the way he says "Oh, I didn't sell it, I licensed it". Like, you allowed them to use the photo and you were paid for it. Licensing, selling, same shit. <_<

- A good portion of the blame lies on the editor, or whoever actually approved the photograph to be published. I mean, you're basically mocking the man who's about to die. If the manager or whatever is smart, he'll fire the editor right there.

- As far as actually trying to save the man, well, I'll let him slide on that one. Me personally, unless it's a close relative or something, I'm definitely not going to risk my life to save somebody on the tracks. Of course, that's no excuse to take a picture to sell off.

- As for the man who died, well, my condolances go out to his friends and family. :(

Archived