TAC meeting/service guidelines

Amtrak7

The Bus Transit Committee? AKA the fireman, the taxi driver and three other dumbasses who probably get shuttled everywhere but gave money to Ed and he gave something back? Someone please find my sides, last I checked they were in orbit around Pluto.

Good example of patronage over here. These are the ones who not be helping for crap.

Seriously, what do you mean? Fare hikes? Service cuts? Contract termination?!

Well I think the fare hike is really dependent on the (MTA), so I expect service cuts because they can do more in 2013. And this time, I expect changes to the n80/81.

Oh no. I think we all know what this is about. IT WAS NICE KNOWING ALL OF YOU!

I dont think Veolia is terminating the contract, esp as buses are being painted. More service cuts are being proposed, and NICE will have to raise the fare in step with the MTA, which will probably raise one way fares to $2.50.

I dont think Veolia is terminating the contract, esp as buses are being painted. More service cuts are being proposed, and NICE will have to raise the fare in step with the MTA, which will probably raise one way fares to $2.50.

I wasn't inferring that they were going to terminate the contract, especially considering we know that NICE and Mango will never admit they have made mistakes. But service sure as hell won't be the same.

Question: Are these board members compensated?

The Bus Transit Committee? AKA the fireman, the taxi driver and three other dumbasses who probably get shuttled everywhere but gave money to Ed and he gave something back? Someone please find my sides, last I checked they were in orbit around Pluto.

Question: Are these board members compensated?

The law permits their compensation on a per diem rate, determined by the County Executive with consultation of the leaders of the legislature. They should also be reimbursed for all expenses. Not sure whether Mangano has decided to invoke the first part or not.

They're not required to raise the fare in step with the MTA. They said something like "It would be great if we could avoid a fare hike when the MTA has one" or something like that. Of course, with the lack of funding they have, they'll probably raise it at the same rate as the MTA.

They're not required to raise the fare in step with the MTA. They said something like "It would be great if we could avoid a fare hike when the MTA has one" or something like that. Of course, with the lack of funding they have, they'll probably raise it at the same rate as the MTA.

That's same goes for Bee-Line Buses in Westchester and Roosevelt Island Tramway.

(MTA) maintains farebox for Bee-Line/NICE Bus including MVM at HTC and subway turnstile at tram stations.

Well I think the fare hike is really dependent on the (MTA), so I expect service cuts because they can do more in 2013. And this time, I expect changes to the n80/81.

IMHO if nice is planning on hiking up fares in 2013 they should do it when the MTA does it. It would be less bad publicity if you hear "NICE bus also plans on raising fares 25 cents" if they do it any other time they'll take the brunt of the bad publicity.

I'd rather see the MC fee implemented regardless... most people here go to Hempstead or a subway station anyway so they should be more than capable of refilling a card when they need to. It's a giant waste when people give brand new MetroCards to bus operators only to have a new one ready.

Hell, I kept the same card for over a year and a half and used it - it only expired at the end of November.

Archived