Retirement and Pension for Train Operator

SeVenSinZ

Ok, can some please break down to me the retirement process for me? 20 years? 25 years? Does the MTA pay your pension or do you have to contribute from your check? Please elaborate...

Are you hired yet? Thats something you worry about once yer hired i feel all will be explained,but its 25 years in service and 55 years age just to start.

No, I'm not hired yet. I was just asking a whole bunch of questions to try and get a feel for what I'm going to be getting myself into. I ask about retirement because I didn't know. I know a lot about different agencies and how their retirement system works, just didn't know about the MTA's. 25 and 55 sounds just about right, which isn't bad compared to the field I'm currently in. I work at the airport, and trust me, there ain't no retiring over there.. gotta be like 67 years old just to say "I'm retired". And that's just the start.. But thanks for the info.. appreciate it..

The only thing that changed is that we'll have to pay 3 times as much for our pension than the current workers (6% as opposed to 2%). Maybe something in the Triborough Amendment can extend the 2% rate to those of us that get in before the new contract, but highly unlikely!

The only thing that changed is that we'll have to pay 3 times as much for our pension than the current workers (6% as opposed to 2%). Maybe something in the Triborough Amendment can extend the 2% rate to those of us that get in before the new contract, but highly unlikely!

Boo hoo! Do you know how many people in the private sector would kill to pay 6% of their salary to get a pension!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Archived