Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Rick44

4855 (XD40) has a different front destination sign...

I saw this bus on the B1 today, and I noticed that the VIA 86 ST text, read as "via 86 St". The font is different for sure. The side and back signs are the same as the rest of the buses.

Unfortunately, I do not have a camera shot of this. If anybody can provide a picture and/or explain the change, it would be awesome and helpful.

Naa it doesn't...youtube is the answer

same font for B74 STILLWELL AV

That video of 4855 is not recent. The sign could have been changed recently for all we know.

This bus still has the same sign, I actually saw it 2 days ago & I saw it today the mechanics were driving it. Nothing different, unless it was just you maybe?

Nope. I'm certain the sign was different. There were lowercase letters in the sign, so distinct it made me look twice.

Don't be suprised that something like that can change in two days.

It was a sign that I have never seen before in this city. It reminded me of this LED font I have on my PC: http://www.dafont.com/citaro-voor-dubbele-hoogte-breed.font

Edited by Rick44

It may just be programmed differently, not necessarily a new sign all together. If you said that the side and back signs are the same, it's probably that.

This is 4838, same thing I saw on 4855. The back and side are the same, and it seems that SevenEleven was right, it was reprogrammed.IMG_0435.jpg

• Upvote 2

They've been reprogramming a lot of them, the Prevosts are getting it as well, no more of that scrolling text at the back (now it just says EXP) and no more of full-width EXPRESS at the front.

Seems like their making it more compact, and I do like it. The big 86 in "VIA 86 ST" was ridiculous.

• Upvote 2