Rolling Stones, the Who and McCartney highlight Sandy 12-12-12 concert

Shortline Bus

Anyone plan to watch the '12-12-12" Sandy benefit concert from MSG? The Rolling Stones, the Who and Paul McCartney highlight an all star performing list that also includes Kayne West, Aliclia Keys, Bruce Springstein, Bon Jovi and more "surprise" guests? It going to be shown on many cable and PBS stations such as Ch.13/PBS, HBO, Showtime, VH1 and even a couple of the regular networks i.e NBC, CBS, Fox and ABC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/rolling-stones-added-sandy-benefit-concert-lineup-article-1.1215532

As fan of the British invansion era bands (Beatles/McCartney, Stones and The Who)no doubt i am taping this possible instant classic.

Here the clip for the "who for the 9/11/01 "Concert for New York City" show. Watching this performence almost brought a tear to my eye as i was devated after that other casthporic and horrible event in NYC history.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/rolling-stones-added-sandy-benefit-concert-lineup-article-1.1215532

"

I think they should have played this at the Barclays Center instead of MSG, it's much closer to where people were really affected by the storm (such as the Rockaways, southern Brooklyn, SI, etc.), plus it's a new arena.

Good point. However one of the event producers is James Dolan the head of MSG and Knicks/Rangers Owner. So of course it be held at the garden.

FYI. Just added. Eric Clapton lol. Also CBS has also announced today they will be showing the concert. Expect NBC to follow. And Maybe ABC and Fox as well.

Just when you thought it could not get any bigger, this so called 12-12-12 concert has. A last minute additional special to this already histroic concert is a reunion of Nirvana. In Kurt Corbin's place with be McCartney.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/paul-mccartney-subbing-kurt-cobain-nirvana-reunites-article-1.1218363

Just when you thought it could not get any bigger, this so called 12-12-12 concert has. A last minute additional special to this already histroic concert is a reunion of Nirvana. In Kurt Corbin's place with be McCartney.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1218363

I dunno how thats gunna work out, McCartney doesnt sound like a heavy metal/grunge singer.Then again odd crossovers happen from time to time, like when Robert Plant was singing with Queen at a Freddy Mercury tribute concert and he forgot the words to Innuendo.

I dunno how thats gunna work out, McCartney doesnt sound like a heavy metal/grunge singer.Then again odd crossovers happen from time to time, like when Robert Plant was singing with Queen at a Freddy Mercury tribute concert and he forgot the words to Innuendo.

True. IMO somone like Axel Rose of "Guns & Roses" who already made carrer as a hard rock singer might be the best choice for a Corbin replacement.

The Stones took stages 5 minutes agoo.

Also:

True. IMO somone like Axel Rose of "Guns & Roses" who already made carrer as a hard rock singer might be the best choice for a Corbin replacement.

I won't go into detail how wrong that would be. But hey, maybe better than McCartney?

Axl and Kurt had some feud, so maybe he wouldn't be the best. Besides, he still has his ever-changing Guns 'N Roses.

Even G'nR don't want him, or is it vice-versa. Either way, hopefully McCartney won't butcher the preformance.

Cobain would be most displeased. :lol:

I think they should have played this at the Barclays Center instead of MSG, it's much closer to where people were really affected by the storm (such as the Rockaways, southern Brooklyn, SI, etc.), plus it's a new arena.

Barclays probably couldn't handle all the fans as that arena is much smaller. Plus an event like this, security is going to be nuts. I think it was better off at the Garden.

I kinda enjoyed Sandler's 'fu' to Sandy song. Also enjoyed 'The Wall'. Didn't bother watching the rest. Lol, when I saw Susan Surandon on, I turned the channel. I just can't stand her (political thing, long story). Basically, it was a bunch of talented folks, but I disagree with their political views, so certain folks I have little tolerance for (like Springsteen).

Archived