California-based Fatburger chain to open 10 restaurants in New York

Shortline Bus

fatburger7w-1-web.jpg

"Fatburger is aiming to throw its weight around New York City, setting up its first shop here this spring.

The California-based fast-food chain said it will make its Manhattan debut in Murray Hill and plans are in the works to open about 10 New York City restaurants in the next few years.

“Fatburger has wanted to open in New York City for a long time,” Fatburger CEO Andy Wiederhorn told the Daily News.

“We want New Yorkers to enjoy the same things the Hollywood crowd has for years.”

The 60-year-old burger chain has teamed up with Riese Organization, which operates about 75 franchise restaurants in New York City, including KFC and Pizza Hut.

The new shops, which will each hire from ten to 20 workers, will bring a total of about 200 to 300 jobs to the city, Wiederhorn said.

The first location will open at 509 Third Ave., replacing a Patsy's Pizza. While the other locations are still in the works, Riese is targeting residential areas of the city, rather than tourist-heavy spots, Wiederhorn said.

The chain, which says it cooks its burgers to order, will have to muscle its way into a market packed with beefy contenders like Shake Shack, SmashBurger, Five Guys and Steak 'n Shake.

As of September, the city had 627 burger joints, according to the New York City Economic Development Corp."

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz2ETeFWxJ8

All that missing is "In & Out Burgers" and NYC has every type of burger joint out there. And I only eat red meat/burgers on occasion at most about once a week.

Why not open some In-n-Outs next? They make one hell of a burger and damn I just wanna eat there again!

I know recently a year or two ago In & Out expanded into the Dallas Texas area region. The key to their success is that they have cattle farms nearby with their west coast and texas stores to make the burgers 'fresh."

If they open on the east coast including metro nyc, again a farm nearby would have to be used.

FYI. Fatburger did actually have (1) Metro NYC area location few years back if i remember. It was at Palasides Mall in Rockland and it closed about a year or two ago(heard rumors they lost their lease and sales were not great.) In brutal NYC/Manhattan market, they going to have a tough battle if they want to stay long term in the "Big Apple."

Why so many pickles though....

Seriously though, how many more burger joints are we gonna have..... don't remember the last time I went to mcdonalds, and nowadays, burger king & white castle I'm toning down on eating..... Not to sound pretentious, but I'm not eating from anywhere named fatburger, regardless of how good it might actually be....

If I want a burger, I'll just stock up on the frozen ones; which is what I'm starting to do now....

(I miss topps' burgers... too bad they ended up discontinuing operations due to getting hit w/ a class action lawsuit)

Yeah what's up with that name anyway? But as far as burgers goes, there is one sports' bar that I go to particularly during the cold months to do some drinking. I was there twice this week since I was in the area and the express bus is right there so that makes it easy for me to stumble down the street and get on when I've finished up. :lol: Anywho, this place makes a great burger, whether you like medium (like I do) or medium well (as I've had both). Slightly undercooked, the meat is just great and medium well they are still very tasty and not dried out. I always order mine with good quality bacon and Swiss cheese and it comes with nice fries on the side. With a bottle of Chimay Grande Réeserve or Duvel, it really can't be beat. Like to finish with a few shots of Jägermeister... :D Not only do you get hammered quick, but you digest well too. :lol:

Yeah what's up with that name anyway? But as far as burgers goes, there is one sports' bar that I go to particularly during the cold months to do some drinking. I was there twice this week since I was in the area and the express bus is right there so that makes it easy for me to stumble down the street and get on when I've finished up. :lol: Anywho, this place makes a great burger, whether you like medium (like I do) or medium well (as I've had both). Slightly undercooked, the meat is just great and medium well they are still very tasty and not dried out. I always order mine with good quality bacon and Swiss cheese and it comes with nice fries on the side. With a bottle of Chimay Grande Réeserve or Duvel, it really can't be beat. Like to finish with a few shots of Jägermeister... :D Not only do you get hammered quick, but you digest well too. :lol:

VG8 "Fatburger" and In & Out" burgers are the rage in Calif. The west coast (LA and San Diego area) version of say Nathan's and Katz's deli resturant on the lower east side. Internationally known. IMO "In & Out" claims to make "100% Sirlion" burgers that about the price as say a big mac around $5.

VG8 "Fatburger" and In & Out" burgers are the rage in Calif. The west coast (LA and San Diego area) version of say Nathan's and Katz's deli resturant on the lower east side. Internationally known. IMO "In & Out" claims to make "100% Sirlion" burgers that about the price as say a big mac around $5.

Hmm... I generally try to avoid chains unless they're of quality and especially any sort of grease joints. Hate the processed stuff so unless any of these places makes decent natural food you won't see me there. There's another really good beer joint that I go to also in Midtown that has just about every imported beer you can think of, even the hard to find Duvel Green. The food is actually all natural, but they're more like snacks than anything so I only go there once in a while, mainly for beers that are hard to get elsewhere.

Vg8 and others here info for "in & out burger" (which is also Fatburger's main rival in the premuium quick serve burger market)

http://www.in-n-out.com/

This In & Out Burger joint is real careful with the choice of words... They seem to be implying that they use natural ingredients without quite saying it... "Fresh" doesn't necessarily mean natural and then they talk about grinding their own beef and getting their potatoes fresh from the farm... Still doesn't mean they're natural, but nice advertising though... <_<

This In & Out Burger joint is real careful with the choice of words... They seem to be implying that they use natural ingredients without quite saying it... "Fresh" doesn't necessarily mean natural and then they talk about grinding their own beef and getting their potatoes fresh from the farm... Still doesn't mean they're natural, but nice advertising though... <_<

Thus another reason they claim to make 'great burgers' is that they still only a *regional west coast i.e Calif, Arizona and Texas* high class fast food burger joint. And not all over America and beyond such as Mickey D's, Wendy's, BK, etc.

In & Out is huge especially in LA/Hollywood and San Diego where customers wait on a nice friday and saturday nights up to 40 minutes in a drive thru or "eating in."

Thus another reason they claim to make 'great burgers' is that they still only a *regional west coast i.e Calif, Arizona and Texas* high class fast food burger joint. And not all over America and beyond such as Mickey D's, Wendy's, BK, etc.

In & Out is huge especially in LA/Hollywood and San Diego where customers wait on a nice friday and saturday nights up to 40 minutes in a drive thru or "eating in."

LOL... What works in California doesn't always work elsewhere... I'd be shocked to go to a fast food joint (even a so called high class one) and not get some cashier with a damn attitude. Seems like these days that's generally the norm. You either get one huffing and puffing with an attitude, one commenting on everything you buy or on the rare occasion one who is polite, knows the products in the store and actually offers customer service.

Speaking from personal experience on both In-N-Out & Fatburger...

Fatburger isn't all that big over here, especially when getting away from the L.A. Area. Actually I've only eaten once there and quite honestly when presented, the food feels like something someone slapped together, and not very appeitizing.

In-N-Out on the otherhand seems to draw attention from everywhere. I will vouch for their (slightly) better quality and service, but once you get past that I find the waits people endure ridiculous. Of course I'm in California and have have an In-N-Out less than three miles from home, and I've never been much of a burger person, but I'm sure you would get tired of them if you visit them tri-weekly, as what seems to be the norm around here. The rare occasion I do go I just pick up a shake, and honestly I could get that anywhere.

Jeez, that sounds tasty...

Me, I prefer my burgers medium as well, heavy on the ketchup, bacon, swiss and tomatoes, with a bit of onions (no pickles, please!). Fries...well, depends on the joint, but I'll usually go for some, either plain (for ketchup!), or cheese-dipped. Got my lesson on burgers when as a freshmen in high school, pubs/bars (especially Irish pubs!) became my frequent rest stops after school - but don't worry, I stayed dry! :lol:

Have you tried a beer called "Pilsener?" It's very popular within the Ecuadorian community, and it's very good...if i don't say so myself... ;):ph34r:

Jeez, that sounds tasty...

Me, I prefer my burgers medium as well, heavy on the ketchup, bacon, swiss and tomatoes, with a bit of onions (no pickles, please!). Fries...well, depends on the joint, but I'll usually go for some, either plain (for ketchup!), or cheese-dipped. Got my lesson on burgers when as a freshmen in high school, pubs/bars (especially Irish pubs!) became my frequent rest stops after school - but don't worry, I stayed dry! :lol:

Have you tried a beer called "Pilsener?" It's very popular within the Ecuadorian community, and it's very good...if i don't say so myself... ;):ph34r:

My friend... I've drank over 100 different beers.... Somewhere I used to keep a list of what I drunk and whether they made my list or not of beers worth drinking... May have it on my laptop somewhere... There aren't too many beers I haven't had at some point or another. Now and days I haven't been on the quest to try new ones since I have my list of 10 - 15 that I alternate depending on the season, what I'm having and my mood. Some beers are like fine wine... The get better with age. Pilsener's aren't my cup of tea unless it is hot and I want something simple. I generally drink Belgian beers (usually ales) because they have high alcohol content, are light and very complex, so you can have two or three and really get a good buzz or buy a big bottle and pass out like I've done at home. :lol: Rochefort 10 is a damn good beer that is pricey but I buy two of those suckers and get a good buzz. They don't sell big ones because they are so pricey so you can only find the small ones which run about $7.99 each in the market and about $17 - 18 at some restaurants or bars that carry it. And yeah, one of the spots is an Irish pub, but the food is always right. I'm picky about pubs though because some of them offer garbage for food (i.e. burgers, etc) and beer for that matter too.

I wish theyd bring Del Taco here

It would work out as they're very affordable, but their expansion seems to be focused on moving eastward state by state. However they might consider if someone forked the cash for a few locations and a DC.

Archived