JFK Airport question? Should i take the Q10 or the Airtrain in Queens?

Shortline Bus

Ahh yes the trip planner :... Then NYCRailfan523 from the feedback given by everybody participating in this thread the travelers should do to do is do their research on service patterns on the internet, and allow for extra travel time that day on any given day this December leading up to Christmas and New Years .

That me realism. My sister(& brother in law) and Mom are in San Diego that relocated from Brooklyn that i am visiting for the holidays. (long story tell you more in pm if you like) Just hoping no post X-mas Blizzard aka really white christmas lol on that travel day as sleeping on a seat at JFK wont be fun on christmas day.

Oh I know what you are saying about Mom and sister. Yeah we've talked about that in PMs already a while back ago over the summer. We'll keep that between us.

Oh man it's going to be bad travel wise if it snows hard on Christmas or the days leading up to it during the big rush out of NY out of state.

Your best bet is to take the AirTrain. From GCT just take the (6) to 51st, transfer to the (E) from there and take it to Sutphin Blvd. That's what I did and since it's way faster than taking the (A) to Howard Beach or Lefferts for the Q10. Don't take the bus to JFK please don't, I learned that the hard way.

Your best bet is to take the AirTrain. From GCT just take the (6) to 51st, transfer to the (E) from there and take it to Sutphin Blvd. That's what I did and since it's way faster than taking the (A) to Howard Beach or Lefferts for the Q10. Don't take the bus to JFK please don't, I learned that the hard way.

he can just take the (7) to the (E) if the (7) is running or do what you said the (6) to the (E)

• 2 weeks later...

An update. Since i got to be check-in/security by 2pm, from gct i just take the (E) to the airtrain combo. This is after i walk to Lex-53rd since i eat "lunch" at Wendy's in that area to avoid paying $5 for bottled water and $10 for chicken breast sandwich at the airport.

yes that can work for you either way. or would it better for you to just take the (7) to the (E) for you?

I say go with the E to the AirTrain. That thing is quick to the terminals. Should take you about 15 minutes to T5.

For the record, all JFK buses only stop at T5. AirTrain within the airport is free as long as you dont enter/exit at Jamaica or Howard Bch. Its one of the reasons why buses only go to T5(that and it cuts down on travel time within the airport which is notoriously hectic. Safe journey and Merry Christmas to all here on the forums!

I say go with the E to the AirTrain. That thing is quick to the terminals. Should take you about 15 minutes to T5.

For the record, all JFK buses only stop at T5. AirTrain within the airport is free as long as you dont enter/exit at Jamaica or Howard Bch. Its one of the reasons why buses only go to T5(that and it cuts down on travel time within the airport which is notoriously hectic. Safe journey and Merry Christmas to all here on the forums!

Thanks. Made it with no problems. Thanks for the advice guys and Happy New Year.

Archived