Singer Jenni Rivera dead after tragic plane crash, say reports

BM5 via Woodhaven

1355095431_5888_Jenni.jpgReports indicate singer Jenni Rivera died in a plane crash on Dec. 9, 2012

On Dec. 9, 2012, Jenni Rivera, 43, and six others were confirmed dead after their small plane went down in northern Mexico, according to Eleconomista.com.mx citing journalist Joaquin Lopez Doriga.

Besides the Mexican American singer, the website reports among the dead are several pilots and four passengers.

Radar Online has also confirmed Rivera's death, but reports there were two pilots on the plane and one of the passengers was the singer's makeup artist, Jacob Yebale.

According to the Associated Press, the plane left Monterrey at about 3:30 a.m. after a concert performed by Rivera. Air traffic controllers lost contact with the pilot after the Learjet had been in flight for 10 minutes.

Read more: http://www.examiner....ash-say-reports

For those that don't know, she's a famous Mexican-American singer, and was married to former Yankee and Dodger pitcher Esteban Loaiza.

Very sad, indeed.

Wow a very attarctive woman. Man this looks like sadly another Mexican-American singer on the rise (Selena part 2)that life and career ended too quick. First Jazz Great Dave Brubeck a couple of days ago. Now her. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/38450-jazz-pionner-and-legend-dave-brubeck-has-died/ Wonder who the unlucky number (3) celebrity to die this week? RIP Miss Rivera.

Wow a very attarctive woman. Man this looks like sadly another Mexican-American singer on the rise (Selena part 2)that life and career ended too quick. First Jazz Great Dave Brubeck a couple of days ago. Now her. http://www.nyctransi...ubeck-has-died/ Wonder who the unlucky number (3) celebrity to die this week? RIP Miss Rivera.

It's a very sad day for Many, with the loss of Jenni Rivera. I was very surprised. She leaves behind 3 sons and a grandaughter. RIP Jenni Rivera

Never was a fan, but some in my family were. Nonetheles, may she rest in peace, and my condolences to her family.

I know I shouldn't assume, but I have a bad feeling foul play was involved, namely in relation with her husband... <_<

I admit i did not know much about her other than being on the spanish language stations. However this tragic end of her life could not be more sad as i read ABC-TV/Disney were in final plans for Rivera to have her own "sitcom" this fall (sept. 2013) starring as a single woman raising couple of kids. RIP to her.

Wow a very attarctive woman. Man this looks like sadly another Mexican-American singer on the rise (Selena part 2)that life and career ended too quick. First Jazz Great Dave Brubeck a couple of days ago. Now her. http://www.nyctransi...ubeck-has-died/ Wonder who the unlucky number (3) celebrity to die this week? RIP Miss Rivera.

So strange to see Dave Brubeck and this unknown yahoo in the same sentence.

So strange to see Dave Brubeck and this unknown yahoo in the same sentence.

Joe relax lol. It was just trying to put link to the Dave Brubeck thread no one replied to. Plus linking her death to Brubeck(i.e curse of celebs dying in threes) but just screwed it up again with my typing to quick. Nothing more.

Joe relax lol. It was just trying to put link to the Dave Brubeck thread no one replied to. Plus linking her death to Brubeck(i.e curse of celebs dying in threes) but just screwed it up again with my typing to quick. Nothing more.

Don't worry, i'm relaxed.

Who do you think #3 will be? Death pool predictions, anyone?

I only knew who she was through her reality show "I Love Jenni." My mom spent the day yesterday watching Telemundo's breaking news coverage. My mom noticed how the stage was shaped like a cross at her concert the night of her death.

She worked very hard for everything she had and in the blink of an eye her life was taken away in tragedy. Really sad and unfortunate. RIP Jenni and all who were onboard the plane.

Archived