Decorating the site for the Holidays

+Young+

Hi~

I personally like the Christmas tree on the top next to the site banner. The only thing I would suggest is to either add a menorah next to tree for our Jewish friends celebrating Hanukkah, or remove the tree and put something that would be appropriate for all religions, like a snowflake which they have on 5th Avenue, or something similar

The only reason why I am saying this is because New York City is a very diverse city, especially Queens (where I live). On that note, not everyone in the city may be celebrating the Christmas holiday.

On another note, is it possible to put the news story about the Transit Museum selling merchandise on the main page? (http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=893) The main reason why I am asking is because the money made from this is NOT going to the Transit Museum, in lieu it is going to help our fellow New-Yorkers who live in the Rockaways.

Hi~

I personally like the Christmas tree on the top next to the site banner. The only thing I would suggest is to either add a menorah next to tree for our Jewish friends celebrating Hanukkah, or remove the tree and put something that would be appropriate for all religions, like a snowflake which they have on 5th Avenue, or something similar

The only reason why I am saying this is because New York City is a very diverse city, especially Queens (where I live). On that note, not everyone in the city may be celebrating the Christmas holiday.

On another note, is it possible to put the news story about the Transit Museum selling merchandise on the main page? (http://mta.info/news...ries/?story=893) The main reason why I am asking is because the money made from this is NOT going to the Transit Museum, in lieu it is going to help our fellow New-Yorkers who live in the Rockaways.

I think you should send that suggestion to Harry in a PM. The Majority of us (inclduing myself)in America do celebrate Christmas and not to turn this into another debate or wheter to celebrate any one or all of the holidays this time. It's all of our choices on your own. We have a tree at Rockfeller Center this time of year but very few complaints to not to have one.

Since we now in middle of Hanukkah I agree adding the menorah is a really good idea. However I think the tree should stay and just add in the menorah.

Thanks for suggestion

As much as I respect the holidays all of us celebrate, I'm sure the site is limited to only certain icons, and I can respect that.

Regarding the Transit Museum sale, PM Harry, as he has the say so on what gets posted.

As much as I respect the holidays all of us celebrate, I'm sure the site is limited to only certain icons, and I can respect that.

I'm pretty sure there are those icons out there for IP.B.

As for the Transit Museum sale, I think it would be a good idea to post it at the top of the forum main page, since people do come here for transit related info.

Hi~

On another note, is it possible to put the news story about the Transit Museum selling merchandise on the main page? (http://mta.info/news...ries/?story=893) The main reason why I am asking is because the money made from this is NOT going to the Transit Museum, in lieu it is going to help our fellow New-Yorkers who live in the Rockaways.

My wife had mentioned something about Hanukkah when I put up the tree. So after your post I decided to observe Hanukkah for the 8 days and afterward we'll put up the Christmas tree for the rest of the holidays.

• 2 years later...

Hi~

My apologies on "bumping" this thread, however for Flag Day (June 14th) and the upcoming July 4th Holiday, is it possible to place a Flag or something similar on the banner?

Thanks in advance...

-Young

• 2 weeks later...

Hi~

My apologies on "bumping" this thread, however for Flag Day (June 14th) and the upcoming July 4th Holiday, is it possible to place a Flag or something similar on the banner?

Thanks in advance...

-Young

Absolutely.

Archived